It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Emergency Stay Granted - Defeat for Trump's Right Wing Agenda

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I literally just woke up from well needed nap, after working hard ass manual labor. My brainwaves are currently operating at a low alpha/theta.

There is no way I am filled with any anxiety at the moment. Though, I will argue that the style of posing from Trumpers are showing their anxiety. They are afraid now because the people are fighting back. They are worried that their little Cesar Donald can't run the country like he run his businesses, and there are actual consequences to your actions. As the months go by, this will become more of a reality for the clueless sycophants.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
An EO is nothing more than a statement of intent... congress is still a part of our government, so EO's are limited. If they were so effective, Gitmo would not be open this day.

Trump is smart... he understands the limitations of EO's. But, don't forget that he will in fact use it as an 'I told you so' when the next terrorist attack happens within the U.S.. Buzz feed will be unable to dig for ill intent when he pulls out the paper that indicates he wished for congress to prevent the next tragedy.

So, he documented his wish list... big deal.

This is nothing but a big gas lighting scene... lit by both sides.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So you don't like freedom because you're scared.

I get it.

link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

There's no constitutional right to enter the US.

Politics is not my strong suit, but I do know there is something about refugees.

The United States passed its first official refugee legislation to address the plight of displaced Europeans following World War II. Most refugees are displaced from their country of origin to a neighboring country, and then resettled to a third country through international organizations. The United States resettles more refugees than any other country, refugees who go on to contribute to our communities and our economy. www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org...

link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: introvert

True, it is not by any means fair. As I understand it, it also suspends those that were taking the legal approach in as well.

My thought is that Trump has only the power for all or nothing less he be in violation of the constitution.

It's my opinion, that Trump was too hasty in this action. Even if one agreed with his intent, it was still heavy-handed and not well thought out.

His hasty action created a clusterfrak at the airports in other countries as well, I heard. Suddenly people with dual citizenship with any of the list of the travel ban, got stuck too.

www.bloomberg.com...

Global airlines are struggling to comply with new travel restrictions after being caught flat-footed by President Donald Trump’s executive order blocking visitors from seven predominantly Muslim nations.

link   
The judge who did this was a New York judge who was appointed by Obama.

link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: D8Tee
Is it that easy to stop an Executive Order?
Thought it had to be Congress of the SCOTUS?

I'm seeing that most never bother reading the source

Threads wouldn't grow so quickly if most people read the source before commenting.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Shocker.

link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: introvert

I thought this was the land of the free and home of the brave.

Only for those Trump critics like.

Sucks to be not in the 'in crowd'.

And I don't know why people are rejoicing, or saying they won.

A stay is temporary.

So what we have so far is a temporary halt to an EO that put a temporary halt on immigration from states that are known to support TERRORISTS.

The projection is comedic at best.

Who are liberals attempting to prevent from coming to the U.S? And I'm not talking about the federal government and its "representatives." I KNOW they don't represent the American people and I support ANY of them. I'm talking about the populace.

Who are they trying to prevent? What Consitutional rights? The 2nd?

.... Kind of like how how conservatives are trying to strip the rights of Muslims?

link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Replace your buzzwords with Dylan Roof, Adam Lanza, and all the other "lone wolf gunman," you would see your clear partisan jab for what it is - a baseless troll.

Ok.

So far people don't like muslim control, but they sure like boom stick control.

. You can't just go around decreeing people's Constituional rights because you're scared

Foreign travel is not guaranteed by the constitution.

Because the STATE gets to decide who comes, and who doesn't.

As per the VISA process.

link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
a reply to: JinMI

I literally just woke up from well needed nap, after working hard ass manual labor. My brainwaves are currently operating at a low alpha/theta.

There is no way I am filled with any anxiety at the moment. Though, I will argue that the style of posing from Trumpers are showing their anxiety. They are afraid now because the people are fighting back. They are worried that their little Cesar Donald can't run the country like he run his businesses, and there are actual consequences to your actions. As the months go by, this will become more of a reality for the clueless sycophants.

I think your feeling happy because you see this as a "win." Furthered by your ability to anonymously attempt to degrade those you disagree with. Did you read any of the sources? You do know the facts right?

link   
a reply to: Willtell

As this is not the Mid Pit, I will refrain from expressing my actual assessment of your statement. Instead I will ask this of you.
Please show me anywhere in the EO or the reference legislation that mentions religion at all, Please, I want to see it, from primary sources and not some 3rd or 4th party interpretation.

You can't because it does not exist. You are being blinded by your hatred of our new president. I suggest you actually read the original source. Otherwise, you are willingly propagating lies and instilling fear in people. Which ,IMO, is unwarranted and damaging to everyone.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
By laws passed in congress already entering the United States is a privilege, not a right for all none American citizens.

And is no debatable in court.

Laws Determine Immigration and Visa Policy

U.S. immigration laws enacted by Congress provide authority over immigration matters, including entry and exit of all travelers across the nation’s borders, determining who may enter, how long they may stay, and when they must leave. The Immigration and Naturalization Act (INA) in Title 8 of the United States Code, provides the foundation for immigration law, along with its amendments. Additionally, more recent immigration laws have an impact on visa processing, including, as examples, the USA Patriot Act of 2001 and the Enhanced Border Security and Visa Reform Act of 2002. Learn more about U.S. immigration laws and regulations..

www.uscis.gov...

edit on 28-1-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
The judge who did this was a New York judge who was appointed by Obama.

Right.

The judge is using political favoritism - - not law.

link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I agree with that but that's NOT what Trump did

link   
This is lame, I thought it was something big.
Peanuts issue. Refugees from Iraq were stopped for 6 months back in 2011. didn't even make the news.

+3 more 
link   
You know what the sad part is? People are surprised that a President is keeping his campaign promises. This should be the rule and not the exception.

edit on 28-1-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Hey, at least you acknowledged something.

Both partisan parties want to engage in behaviors that restrict the freedom of the American populace.

And they're using fear to push their political agenda?

What's the definition of terrorism, again? It's moments like these I'm incredibly happy I'm an anarchist because the mental gymnastics it must take to blindly follow and defend a partisan candidate must be a hell of an endeavor.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Its easy to refute you.

Its clear it is a religious test, something banned by the constitution, because those countries are above 90 percent Muslim and Trump has said Christians can come.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Bingo!!!

By the way some post here it looks like they have no clue how our nation of laws actually work.

Perhaps the 8 years of free open borders under Obama had created a confusion about all those laws that were ignored

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join