It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Emergency Stay Granted - Defeat for Trump's Right Wing Agenda

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Trump's EO is no different than what Obama (and other presidents) have done.

Did Obama prohibit people with visas from entry?
Do you know what a visa waiver is?
Did Obama stop the processing of refugees?

No? Then what Obama did is quite different from what Trump did.

edit on 1/30/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

History doesn't always repeat, but it rhymes. People are freaking out about a temporary travel ban but didn't give a crap when the previous administration killed them on the ground in their own countries.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

At the time 1,000's were turned back from airports or removed from flights

Really? Why would that have happened? Were visas revoked? Why were then in the airport if they had no visa? Was refugee status revoked?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I am sorry you are so confused by this whole situation.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

People are freaking out about a temporary travel ban but didn't give a crap when the previous administration killed them on the ground in their own countries.

You are quite vague. Are you saying there were no protests about drone strikes and that sort of thing? Can you be more specific?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

It was a campaign promise. Is it that shocking that President Trump is fulfilling his campaign promises?
Is it that people are so used to being lied to that this comes as a surprise?

Temporarily suspend immigration from regions that export terrorism and where safe vetting cannot presently be ensured.

trump-meter.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Actually you have that correct, Trumps EO is based on 8 USC, 1182 where congress gave, by law, a President authority to make proclamation denying entry to any group or class the President deems detrimental.

It is constitutional and he has authority granted by longstanding law.

The judges are attempting to do activism from bench, that is why you have the stay on a limited basis and no ruling on the actual constitutional validity, judge knows this.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
No. I'm not shocked by Trump's actions. In the least. That doesn't mean I think they are beneficial.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
Stay granted permitting Iraqi refugees to enter US. First defeat to Trump's right wing agenda and you know it won't be the last.

If this was constitutional, the Iraqis would not have been allowed into the US.

Thank you ACLU for filing a timely lawsuit and winning one for reasonable people everywhere.

If this is true, it mostly probably happened because Iraqi Parliament was threatening reprisals, to ban all Americans from Iraq, which would have been a disaster for many American companies.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

It's not true.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I'm curious, Phage.

You've asked a lot of questions and made a lot of corrections in this thread, but I'm not sure what your opinion is on this subject. Care to let us know?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

It's not true, but which American companies exactly?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
Thanks for asking. Regarding the Constitutionality of the EO, Trump has been given the power to issue them. And the courts and Congress have been given the power to review, alter, or invalidate them. I'll leave that decision up to them.

My point of view on refugees from the Middle East? I think that if terrorists want to get into this country there are more effective ways of doing so. I think that "homegrown" terrorists are a greater threat (both native born and naturalized). I think that actions such as this could well spur these "sleepers" over the edge of radicalization (along any lines) and are thus counterproductive to the stated goal.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I am impressed. That was a well-thought-out and reasonable opinion, in my opinion.

I agree on the Constitutionality issue, and also agree that this is stopping only one of many security holes in our country. Homegrown terrorism is indeed a large concern (Orlando?). I'm not sure if I can agree with it driving many over the edge, but I can see your legitimate cause for concern.

I'm calling it a day. It's been a pleasure to share this thread with you.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Phage, isn't what you say circular logic?

I read it as, stop foreign terrorist coming in leads to increased domestic terror........so.......we keep importing foreigners to quell domestic terror.

In a nutshell that seems what you propose in fancy wording.

To me it's perpetually extending the problem.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

I read it as, stop foreign terrorist coming in leads to increased domestic terror........so.......we keep importing foreigners to quell domestic terror.
I didn't say stop foreign terrorists coming in. Did I?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I think that if terrorists want to get into this country there are more effective ways of doing so.

?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

You mean better than going through the rather arduous refugee process?

Boats come to mind. They can cross oceans, and do. Carrying drugs and stuff, for example.

But it's easier to give a little mind push to domestic radicals over the edge. Things like this EO for example.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: TheRedneck
Thanks for asking. Regarding the Constitutionality of the EO, Trump has been given the power to issue them. And the courts and Congress have been given the power to review, alter, or invalidate them. I'll leave that decision up to them.

My point of view on refugees from the Middle East? I think that if terrorists want to get into this country there are more effective ways of doing so. I think that "homegrown" terrorists are a greater threat (both native born and naturalized). I think that actions such as this could well spur these "sleepers" over the edge of radicalization (along any lines) and are thus counterproductive to the stated goal.

I'm betting the door was slammed to prevent other possible radical jihadists from coming in, and I'm betting the ones already here in our homeland are going to be found under the new LAW-ABIDING environment. They will be snuffed out.

I imagine under Obama there were many allowed in. If you know where the rats are coming from that have infested your home and you know what hole they used to get in, all you have to do is plug the hole and watch the rats scurry and take them out one at a time.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I'm betting the door was slammed to prevent other possible radical jihadists from coming in,

Youtube works just fine.

I imagine under Obama there were many allowed in.
I'm sure you imagine many things. I do to. That doesn't make them real.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join