It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Emergency Stay Granted - Defeat for Trump's Right Wing Agenda

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It's only a temporary ban but people need to know, not everyone who wants to get into this country will be allowed.

When has everyone who wanted to get into this country been allowed to do so?
You may have to go back a ways for that answer.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
"Right wing agenda" huh?

Yes...RIGHT WING AGENDA...

Right Wing White Nationalist is suspected of killing 6 at Canadian mosque.

Comparison: 783,000 refugees who entered US since '01 have committed 0 terror killings.
Yah sure ... It was real right wing when Obama did it too...keep telling yourself y'all have the moral high ground and stomp your feet with outrage....grabbing popcorn now....

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

It was real right wing when Obama did it too.

When Obama did what?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Annee

It's only a temporary ban . .

You honestly believe that?

Yes. It is the same as legislation that was done a while back by Obama and congress. There will be stricter rules in the future after the ban though, they will be able to use social media comments to deny someone. Maybe they will kick out some immigrants that are starting chaos here before they get citizenship too. You know if you were not a legal citizen before and you made waves, you were kicked out of this country. Those rules are still on the books, no law has to be passed to enforce them.

Just so you know as we go along here, it is the process of doing things that I'm watching.

I am a methodical thinker. I like things planned out. I like problem areas addressed before decisions are made.

I am not a fan of "trigger finger" implementation.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

The whole world is run by insane men and women.. trump is just another brick in the wall..
a reply to: Misterlondon

Isn't that the TRUTH, nicely said! What's sad is the masses allow it, and sacrifice their own children for the power egos of these insane leaders everywhere. This world is definitely not controlled by peaceful loving people.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Yes. It is the same as legislation that was done a while back by Obama and congress. There will be stricter rules in the future after the ban though, they will be able to use social media comments to deny someone. Maybe they will kick out some immigrants that are starting chaos here before they get citizenship too. You know if you were not a legal citizen before and you made waves, you were kicked out of this country. Those rules are still on the books, no law has to be passed to enforce them.

Just so you know as we go along here, it is the process of doing things that I'm watching.

I am a methodical thinker. I like things planned out. I like problem areas addressed before decisions are made.

Did you ever watch Ghostbusters? How long would it have taken those guys to get rid of ghosts if they had to follow all the legal normal procedures and had to follow strict laws that gave those ghosts rights.

Trump is shooting from the hip at a real target, maybe someone ought to give him a laser scope for that gun.

I think we have gotten off the track with reason, some things should be done but it has turned into a nightmare to get them done. We need to start using our common sense when we look at stupid laws that give away our countries sovereignty.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Your quote disagrees with you...an executive order is law until either the courts or congress overturn it which is exactly what I said. You are thoroughly confused.
edit on 30-1-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This site has lost it's original mission. What does ravings about politicians have to do with higher security clearances? Insight to covert ops and secret programs used to be the norm here. Now it's become someone's Facebook page.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Did you ever watch Ghostbusters? How long would it have taken those guys to get rid of ghosts if they had to follow all the legal normal procedures and had to follow strict laws that gave those ghosts rights.

You expect me to take that seriously?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Actually, no. An EO is not a law. A president cannot write laws.

A presidential executive order (EO) is a directive issued to federal agencies, department heads, or other federal employees by the President of the United States under his statutory or constitutional powers.

usgovinfo.about.com...

An EO provides direction on the how administration expects things to be done. It is not a law. Citizens are not bound by Executive Orders. Corporations are not bound by Executive Orders.

Huh, this is interesting:

Thirty days after being published in the Federal Register, executive orders take effect.

edit on 1/30/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Thank you for the link.
This part confuzzles me.
Seems they are taking effect immediately?

Thirty days after being published in the Federal Register, executive orders take effect.

edit on 30-1-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Yeah. I just noticed that myself.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

EOs are legally binding, however, if they are in line with statutes or the Constitution. If I'm wrong about that, I would like to be corrected.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Another source saying the same thing:
www.reference.com...#

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I agree I'm not a fan of ad hoc decisions and it seems he didn't plan this out vry well. Had he thought it through he would have told them exactly how to deal with Visa holders. Had he thought about it he could have put them under a review on a case by case basis. But it seems it caught him off guard

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Yes, federal employees (etc.) are bound to follow them, I suppose.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Shot in the dark, but this one might give them special powers to circumvent the procedures of having the EO on the books before it comes into force. There's ways around most anything nowadays.

EO 12291

Sec. 8. Exemptions.
(a) The procedures prescribed by this Order shall not apply to:
(1) Any regulation that responds to an emergency situation, provided that, any such regulation shall be reported to the Director as soon as is practicable, the agency shall publish in the Federal Register a statement of the reasons why it is impracticable for the agency to follow the procedures of this Order with respect to such a rule, and the agency shall prepare and transmit as soon as is practicable a Regulatory Impact Analysis of any such major rule; and
(2) Any regulation for which consideration or reconsideration under the terms of this Order would conflict with deadlines imposed by statute or by judicial order, provided that, any such regulation shall be reported to the Director together with a brief explanation of the conflict, the agency shall publish in the Federal Register a statement of the reasons why it is impracticable for the agency to follow the procedures of this Order with respect to such a rule, and the agency, in consultation with the Director, shall adhere to the requirements of this Order to the extent permitted by statutory or judicial deadlines.
(b) The Director, subject to the direction of the Task Force, may, in accordance with the purposes of this Order, exempt any class or category of regulations from any or all requirements of this Order.
Sec. 9. Judicial Review. This Order is intended only to improve the internal management of the Federal government, and is not intended to create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law by a party against the United States, its agencies, its officers or any person. The determinations made by agencies under Section 4 of this Order, and any Regulatory Impact Analyses for any rule, shall be made part of the whole record of agency action in connection with the rule.

Sec. 10. Revocations. Executive Orders No. 12044, as amended, and No. 12174 are revoked.

edit on 30-1-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

You are confused, I expected better.

ex·ec·u·tive or·der
nounLAWUS
a rule or order issued by the president to an executive branch of the government and having the force of law.

So as I said...it's enforceable as a law until congress or the courts overturn it.

www.usa.gov...
edit on 30-1-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Wow - Obama appointed acting attorney general has made a statement that they will not defend the court challenges against the EO, with the Democrats in the Senate also continuing to delay Jess Sessions to replace the acting AG.
Democrats actively trying to overthrow the govt.

edit on 30/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

EOs are legally binding, however, if they are in line with statutes or the Constitution. If I'm wrong about that, I would like to be corrected.

Sort of a half and half thing an EO is something the president does to clarify an existing law. Basically congress creates the law and an EO tells everyone how to enforce it. Presidents can never create law only decide its implementation.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join