It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Emergency Stay Granted - Defeat for Trump's Right Wing Agenda

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: introvert

True, it is not by any means fair. As I understand it, it also suspends those that were taking the legal approach in as well.

My thought is that Trump has only the power for all or nothing less he be in violation of the constitution.

It's my opinion, that Trump was too hasty in this action. Even if one agreed with his intent, it was still heavy-handed and not well thought out.

+8 more 
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Halle #INlujah!

Listen to me brothers and sisters this is going to be a challenge to us AMERICANS and those of like mind in foreign lands

This mad dog in the white house is a monster.

It may be time to hit the streets to keep our cherished democracy

If your judging our current POTUS to be a monster only after his first week in office and on the basis of what he has done so for.

I'll side with the monster everytime.

link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: Willtell

Nor does the EO, in general.

Merely those from active warzones on account of the rampant terror in Europe that mysteriously began when the migrants began to appear.

Yeah its called a FALSE FLAG like 911

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Merely those from active warzones on account of the rampant terror in Europe that mysteriously began when the migrants began to appear.

Alright then, but to what ends?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Haha Trump supporters are in meltdown mode. I can tell by their style of writing. There seems to be a accompaniment of anxiety to their posts as they scramble to find the credibility of the article. Fun to watch.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

This is good, but a little late, in my opinion.

Until another Tsarnev makes another pressure cooker bomb, or a married couple goes on a shooting rampage or a 'confused' guy goes shoots up another night club.

Good they say.

I thought this was the land of the free and home of the brave.

Guess freedom is at the whim of an EO and the brave have turned in to scared little republicans.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Love a good game of chess.

Any predictions on the next move?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I wouldn't disagree with you and I agree with the temporary ban. I would also like to see an effort to aid these people in their own country and any whom go over there to aid the refugees have full protection under the umbrella of our military.

End of the day, America helped create this situation with its politics. A blind eye can not be turned to that nor can we further endanger our people.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

There's no constitutional right to enter the US.

edit on 28 1 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Alright then, but to what ends?

You don’t have the time to be schooled in this dark mystery of evil.

What I will say is that A covert OPERATION TO DESTABILIZE THES VERY SAME 7 COUNTRIES HAS BEEN GOING ON SINCE 911.

[yvid]
[/yvid]

You think that’s a coincidence?

edit on 28-1-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

link   
Is it that easy to stop an Executive Order?
Thought it had to be Congress of the SCOTUS?

+5 more 
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
Haha Trump supporters are in meltdown mode. I can tell by their style of writing. There seems to be a accompaniment of anxiety to their posts as they scramble to find the credibility of the article. Fun to watch.

I think you are projecting, but if it makes you feel better....

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I wouldn't disagree with you and I agree with the temporary ban. I would also like to see an effort to aid these people in their own country and any whom go over there to aid the refugees have full protection under the umbrella of our military.

End of the day, America helped create this situation with its politics. A blind eye can not be turned to that nor can we further endanger our people.

Endanger our people where? Here in the US?

You're more likely to be killed in a domestic dispute than a terrorist attack by Muslims.

I'd say I'm not sure why so many people are so scared of the world around them, but I am pretty sure why.

Politics.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I thought this was the land of the free and home of the brave.

Only for those Trump critics like.

Sucks to be not in the 'in crowd'.

And I don't know why people are rejoicing, or saying they won.

A stay is temporary.

So what we have so far is a temporary halt to an EO that put a temporary halt on immigration from states that are known to support TERRORISTS.
edit on 28-1-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
Is it that easy to stop an Executive Order?
Thought it had to be Congress of the SCOTUS?

This doesn't halt the EO. It only applies to those who are here..in airports or on planes headed here.

The court specifically ruled on Darweesh and Alshawi’s petition; other similarly-situated people being detained and those in transit are covered by the ruling, which is only temporary. But the point of a stay is to preserve the status quo while a permanent ruling is made — something the judge specifically reminded the lawyers for the goverment in the courtroom.

I'm seeing that most never bother reading the source

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

The right to enter the US cannot be based on a religious test

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

This is good, but a little late, in my opinion.

Until another Tsarnev makes another pressure cooker bomb, or a married couple goes on a shooting rampage or a 'confused' guy goes shoots up another night club.

Good they say.

Replace your buzzwords with Dylan Roof, Adam Lanza, and all the other "lone wolf gunman," you would see your clear partisan jab for what it is - a baseless troll.

Conservatives fears are ridiculous. You can't just go around decreeing people's Constituional rights because you're scared. It's what liberals want to do... so why is the same logical analysis put into place?

Your comment has nothing to do with the topic lol. Just have to deflect, no matter what.

+2 more 
link   

and it isn't. Muslims can enter from other parts of the world, like Indonesia, without issue.

All Wahhabis should be turned away at the door. Their kind is not welcome.

link   

Since when are tests bad ?

They make all Americans pass a test before they get to practice their second amendment right.

link   

originally posted by: introvert

Endanger our people where? Here in the US?

You're more likely to be killed in a domestic dispute than a terrorist attack by Muslims.

I'd say I'm not sure why so many people are so scared of the world around them, but I am pretty sure why.

Politics.

Again, not disagreeing with you on motive. There's plenty of argument for both sides but as I see it, halting refugees from a free pass into the country is helpful. I don't agree with halting legal immigration. I think the POTUS can halt all or none and that is what were seeing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join