It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Emergency Stay Granted - Defeat for Trump's Right Wing Agenda

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

They can't win because their cognitive dissonance is absolutely unbelievable!

Obama did this EXACT same thing, except his was a blanket ban, and no one, not a single lefty libtard said a damn thing. They didn't say anything about his drone strikes or his wars either. They're hypocrites and they're morally disgusting. I don't know how they sleep at night with so many contradictory views.

See my sig under this post? That was said on this website shortly before Christmas. I added the laughs, THIS is their mindset.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No greencard holders were detained or effected anyway, I am not sure why some people think they were. Do you have a link to the story that started that rumor?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

No greencard holders were detained or effected anyway, I am not sure why some people think they were. Do you have a link to the story that started that rumor?

It started with a report about:

"It will bar green card holders," Gillian Christensen, acting Department of Homeland Security spokeswoman, said in an email.

email never confirmed.

The White clarified and said:

U.S. green card holders will require additional screening before they can return to the United States, the White House said on Saturday.
addition screening is not a ban or restriction.

Green card holders will need additional screening: White House

Not sure anything was ever confirmed.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

If my understanding is accurate (anyone more familiar with Islamic politics please feel free to correct me), I believe what we are seeing is an Americanized version of Sharia Law. Let me explain my thinking:

As I understand Sharia Law, it is based on two systems of legality: one is national, while the other is specific to whichever religious leader each person chooses to follow. Lately, it seems that we have done something similar. Each person chooses which ideology they wish to follow, and the words uttered by the leaders of those ideologies are followed without question.

There was a time when an attempt to verify information was "Do you have a link?" Now, it has changed to "Do you have a link to a website I agree with?" That is not debate; it is propaganda... and this propaganda has been substituted for reality. I see a strong correlation between an Islamic person who follows a religious leader (Imam?) and an American who follows every instruction given by Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Rush Limbaugh, John McCain, or even Donald Trump.

There are still some of us who question, but we are getting fewer and farther between... and our access to actual facts is being buried amid the sea of propaganda.

One difference I see in my earlier comparison, though, is that as a rule, it seems Islamic leaders are able to coexist. America's leaders seem to instead be focused on destroying each other at any cost.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Perfectly said! So much truth presented in a succinct way! Thank you.

The left, guided by hateful biased establishment politicians, Hollywood loonies, and the complicit hateful mainstream media pundits and networks, are feeding their people lies, misrepresentations, out-of-context snippets, and mixing them with a lot of emotional rhetoric and tears for effect (Schumer, for example).

This has to stop.

Both sides of the aisle need to just breathe and let our president do the job he was elected to do. If he steps outside our Constitution, we have legitimate ways to handle it. But, personally, I think he is pretty much a strict constitutionalist himself.

edit on 30-1-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

It started with a report about:

"It will bar green card holders," Gillian Christensen, acting Department of Homeland Security spokeswoman, said in an email.

email never confirmed.

The White clarified and said:

U.S. green card holders will require additional screening before they can return to the United States, the White House said on Saturday.
addition screening is not a ban or restriction.

Green card holders will need additional screening: White House

Not sure anything was ever confirmed.

This is plenty for the MSM to create a false narrative and run with it hour after hour, day after day. It's then picked up by others who flood the internet with propaganda.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Perfectly said! So much truth presented in a succinct way! Thank you.

The left, guided by hateful biased establishment politicians, Hollywood loonies, and the complicit hateful mainstream media pundits and networks, are feeding their people lies, misrepresentations, out-of-context snippets, and mixing them with a lot of emotional rhetoric and tears for effect (Schumer, for example).

This has to stop.

Schumer really did look pathetic, however I think the point extended to the right as well.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Schumer must be teaming up with some of the Hollywood loonies and taking acting lessons. Gawd! That was pathetic and embarrassing to watch. He needs more acting classes.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Schumer must be teaming up with some of the Hollywood loonies and taking acting lessons. Gawd! That was pathetic and embarrassing to watch. He needs more acting classes.

As Jack Handey said, 'It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.'

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Sweet, didn't know we were under that. When can you start beating your wife?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

The Green Card rumor repeated at least 100,000 times.

Wild.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

You are correct. My point was that both sides are out of control, bent on destruction of the other. And to do it, both sides have adopted the very philosophy we as Americans have been told is so horrific.

And we, as usual, we even got that wrong.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

They can't win because their cognitive dissonance is absolutely unbelievable!

Obama did this EXACT same thing, except his was a blanket ban

Nope...you are confused or promoting bumper sticker fake news..

Obama’s administration did stop processing all applications for Iraqi refugees for a six-month time period.

As opposed to a BAN on all immigrants from Syria, Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Somalia, Libya, and Yemen.

While Obama did halt the refugee program, it did not impact green card holders, or anyone with a visa. It also did not affect refugees who had already gone through the vetting process.

Trump’s travel ban barred entry to the United States to those groups

Trump’s order gives preference to religious minority groups, such as Christians, when the admissions resume

Trump issued an executive order banning all admissions, including people with approved Visa's ( although they are trying to walk back the Green Card holders)

Obama simply stopped processing new Visa applications from Iraq for 6 months.

heavy.com...

The order states, "I hereby suspend entry into the United States, as immigrants and nonimmigrants, of such persons for 90 days from the date of this order."
"An immigrant is a lawful permanent resident (a green card holder)," Johnson said.
"A nonimmigrant is someone with a visa."

www.politifact.com...

So Trump's Executive Order did bar Green Card holders...Whether they intended to is up for debate..

They either succumbed to public pressure with the confusing walk-back...

Or they had no idea what the language actually meant in their Executive Order...

Either way the Trump administration is insanely is incompetent.

There have been multiple reports of both green card holders and people with valid visas being blocked, either after they arrived in the United States, or as they boarded planes overseas.

Trump's Executive Order also contradicts law..

"The Secretaries of State and Homeland Security may, on a case-by-case basis, and when in the national interest, issue visas or other immigration benefits to nationals of countries for which visas and benefits are otherwise blocked," the order said. (AKA call the President if you want in)
"Under the Immigration and Nationality Act, if you’ve been screened already, and you present a valid visa, you should be able to get in," Hing said. "And if there is any challenge, you have the right to an appearance in front of an immigration judge.

www.politifact.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

If he steps outside our Constitution, we have legitimate ways to handle it. But, personally, I think he is pretty much a strict constitutionalist himself.

Holy #...Did you just say that seriously?

No...Trump is the most constitutionally ignorant President we have ever had....and what he does know about the constitution, he does not like..

Trump defended articles of the Constitution that don't exist
www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

What I will say is that A covert OPERATION TO DESTABILIZE THES VERY SAME 7 COUNTRIES HAS BEEN GOING ON SINCE 911.

[yvid]
[/yvid]

You think that’s a coincidence?

No. It's a HIDEOUS TRUTH.
Have you read Dirty Wars by Jeremy Scahill?

Holy god we are all so F#@

edit on 1/30/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

So 33 pages in did the OP and the people frothing at the mouth like annee realize this was not a win and that it only applied to a few dozen people? The EO is still in place and being enforced for new travelers. They are talking about it on CNN right now.

It effects thousands.

The first Iraqi detained in NYC upon arrival?
Do you know who some of the first to protest his detention were?
US Soldiers...that Iraqi they arrested had been injured by a car bomb 10 years ago and despite his injuries had helped drag US members of the 101st airborne to safety.
He had spent 2 years being interviewed and screened for refugee status after a decade working with US military in Iraq. He arrived in the land of the free he had risked his life for and dreamt about only to be detained without a lawyer and told he was being sent back. If not for the ACLU ...he would have been..Trump ...who never served a day in his life..is simply disgusting.

IIRC, Isis has said they'd get their people mixed with refugees. Additionally in several muslim countries support for sharia and death for apostasy is at an alarming rate. We've got a muslim mayor in london saying terrorist attacks are going to be an expected occurrence in mayor cities.(mayor says terror attacks to be expected in mayor cities).

They're going to be expected alright in countries that allowed mass migrants many with hostile beliefs. Countries without such can expect to have few if any terror attacks within their cities.

Here's the problem, many view Islam as having political implications, not just as a religious practice, they want sharia to be the law of the land, they seek a theocracy. By having political implications and connections to governance, it is no different than something like nazism. We were at war with nazis, sure some might not be in favor of all their government policies, but we shouldn't allow such in during war, a sieve can let through many who're for war. Right now we're at war with radical islamic elements, and they're trying to get in, and even several so called moderate muslim countries hold extremist beliefs regards the need for sharia, death for apostates, death for homosexuals, etc.

If someone is intent on even dying and lying for a cause, I'm not even sure how we could actually distinguish such individuals from the innocent. The only solution would be to secretly keep an eye on those who're let in, and again this would tax the system impossibly so if the numbers brought were too large.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The Green Card rumor repeated at least 100,000 times.

Wild.

That "rumor" started with his exact executive order...

I sometimes can't sort out lying from stupidity around here..Which are you?

The order states, "I hereby suspend entry into the United States, as immigrants and nonimmigrants, of such persons for 90 days from the date of this order."
"An immigrant is a lawful permanent resident (a green card holder)," Johnson said.
"A nonimmigrant is someone with a visa."

www.politifact.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

Good post.

Never overload the system. Never bring in more than can be slowly and methodically assimilated. Monitor and control immigration from ideological/religious/political extreme demographics, otherwise.....things can go very wrong very quickly.

Overloading the system may be what SOME people are wanting, however.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I sometimes can't sort out lying from stupidity around here..Which are you?

Some are neither lying nor stupid. Some are horrendously misguided by the alt-right, and too poorly educated (or too uninterested) to learn to tell the difference between reality and fiction. Feed them - they are willing to learn and hear other sides.
Some are just trolls.
Don't feed them.

edit on 1/30/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

I can't watch your video now...

But Japan's population is 7% Islam...in the USA it is 1%..

Let me know if you can't discover that through your own research.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join