It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Emergency Stay Granted - Defeat for Trump's Right Wing Agenda

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

It is pointless. A waste of money and resources. It accomplishes NOTHING. Other than PO'ing other countries and our own citizens.

It's called keeping campaign promises, something that some people are having a hard time getting used to.

Temporarily suspend immigration from regions that export terrorism and where safe vetting cannot presently be ensured.

Trump Meter

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Must be just "existing" visas.

I think that's the case, Royal Dutch KLM has already banned 7 people coming from Iraq, Syria ,Libya, Soedan Jemen and Somalia. Syrians have unlimited unlimited travel ban to the US .

Many European airports do now have these protocols.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Not unconstitutional according to existing laws.

That will be left up to the judiciary.

if this takes years going up to the supreme, you can be certain if Trump appoints several supreme, it is unlikely to go against him once it gets to the top.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears

if this takes years going up to the supreme, you can be certain if Trump appoints several supreme, it is unlikely to go against him once it gets to the top.

Yet another conflict of interest. Trump should not be permitted to nominate a Supreme Court jugge until the case is settled.
edit on 30-1-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Appointment of judges to the Supreme Court is one of his primary responsibilities, with the approval of the (currently Republican) Congress.

This is an asinine restriction that would serve no purpose.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: Xenogears

Yet another conflict of interest. Trump should not be permitted to nominate a Supreme Court jugge until the case is settled.

What a ridiculous comment.
You have finally lost your mind.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

The EO has been frozen. I don't think this is anywhere close to being over. Our President is insane.

The whole world is run by insane men and women.. trump is just another brick in the wall..

It's the brief moments of sanity that keep driving me insane.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Nominating a supreme is his Constitutional right. What are you really saying?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

a reply to: projectvxn

Was it unamerican when Obama banned refugees from Iraq for 6 months?

Can you provide a source for that?
The EO number, for example?

There was no EO. There was a tightening of regulations that resulted in over 1,000 Iraqi's being forced to cancel flights to the US, some being denied boarding at the airport. Is it the piece of paper you are concerned about or the experience of the people on the receiving end?

As a result of the Kentucky case, the State Department stopped processing Iraq refugees for six months in 2011, federal officials told ABC News – even for many who had heroically helped U.S. forces as interpreters and intelligence assets. One Iraqi who had aided American troops was assassinated before his refugee application could be processed, because of the immigration delays, two U.S. officials said. In 2011, fewer than 10,000 Iraqis were resettled as refugees in the U.S., half the number from the year before, State Department statistics show.

thefederalist.com...
abcnews.go.com...

“Immigration authorities soon began rechecking all Iraqi refugees in America, reportedly comparing fingerprints and other records with military and intelligence documents in dusty archives. About 1,000 soon-to-be immigrants in Iraq were told that they would not be allowed to board flights already booked. Some were removed from planes. Thousands more Iraqi applicants had to restart the immigration process, because their security clearances expired when the program stalled. Men must now pass five separate checks, women four, and children three.”

www.economist.com...
edit on 30/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
So 33 pages in did the OP and the people frothing at the mouth like annee realize this was not a win and that it only applied to a few dozen people? The EO is still in place and being enforced for new travelers. They are talking about it on CNN right now.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You wanna know how I know it is not a hoax? Because it is happening right now. All it takes is to see the pattern.
Real Eyes Realize the real lies. Jesus Bless.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer
You wanna know how I know it is not a hoax? Because it is happening right now. All it takes is to see the pattern.
Real Eyes Realize the real lies. Jesus Bless.

The Pike/Mazzini/WW3 letter is a proven hoax. For a 'Christian' you sure seem cool with pushing lies.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Indigo5

Most of all that has been proven wrong already today.

Green Card holders were never affected.

The MSM has been spreading those wild rumors.

I think what you mean to say is that the Trump admin rolled out the EO without talking to the Justice Department or DHS...and hadn't thought through if it effected Green Card holders ...cuz they are wildly incompetent. After conflicting statements and confusion for 3 days...they finally said that it didn't effect green card holders...but still haven't told DHS new protocol for screening GC holders from those countries.

In that context...your post above is a constructed lie.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
So 33 pages in did the OP and the people frothing at the mouth like annee realize this was not a win and that it only applied to a few dozen people? The EO is still in place and being enforced for new travelers. They are talking about it on CNN right now.

It effects thousands.

The first Iraqi detained in NYC upon arrival?
Do you know who some of the first to protest his detention were?
US Soldiers...that Iraqi they arrested had been injured by a car bomb 10 years ago and despite his injuries had helped drag US members of the 101st airborne to safety.
He had spent 2 years being interviewed and screened for refugee status after a decade working with US military in Iraq. He arrived in the land of the free he had risked his life for and dreamt about only to be detained without a lawyer and told he was being sent back. If not for the ACLU ...he would have been..Trump ...who never served a day in his life..is simply disgusting.
edit on 30-1-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

And? EO is still in place...sob stories do not make the OP any more truthful...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Well now, this site seems to be descending into madness at this point.

We're not even debating facts now, just people's interpretations of 'their own' facts. This ludicrous! Utterly insane!
People are quoting things out of context (the left) and adding their emotional partisan ideals onto it (again the left) whilst the other side is desperately waiting for the FACTS..... Insane.

The usual suspects like Annee - who can barely contain her hatred toward the right - are all here, as usual; trying to emotionally change the debate, the EO is not being overturned and you're all in a bunch over a very very small amount of people who this actually effects. You're all insane! I'm not even American and I seem to grasp your politics better than you do - disgraceful.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Nominating a supreme is his Constitutional right. What are you really saying?

I believe what he is saying or asking is that we ignore the Constitution because he doesn't like how it works under Trump. Under Obama or anyone on the left...it is fine. Just not when it benefits a Republican.

Get the picture?

edit on 1/30/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

You have to understand...these people will do or say anything to make Trump look bad. If he sneezed on TV, they would be saying (or hoping) that is is dying of some horrible disease. Then they would start making jokes.

They feel better when they can pretend to win...cause God knows they haven't really won in a long, long time.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

The Green Card hoax was started by a rouge MSM report.

Green Card holders don't need visas to re-enter the U.S.

But they are subject to screening, and have been before this EO.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

No, the temp stay only helped a few dozen who were already here. It had nothing to do with the people who already had visas but had not traveled here yet. Those people can attempt to travel at their own risk, but chances are their visas have been cancelled or are in the process of being cancelled.

To be clear, I think this is disgraceful. This is not what America is about.

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door

Our own beacon of freedom bears that engraving.

I just know that the OP is wrong and the first few people who were all in on it are the usual suspects. DJW001 with the conflict of interest post was so comical, some of the people in this thread are off their rails.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join