It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Emergency Stay Granted - Defeat for Trump's Right Wing Agenda

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Trump on the other hands is doing this for no good reason but to make a political posture. Nothing more.

And you know this how? Have you been sitting in on all the intelligence briefings? Are you aware that the FBI has nearly 1,000 active probes involving ISIS inside the United States?

www.judicialwatch.org...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

So far Google and Facebook have identified a few hundred employees each that are effected by the ban...either unable to return from visiting their home countries or now unable to leave to visit their family without knowing if they will be let back in. No doubt corporations all over the US are trying to figure out what this means for thier employees and businesses. Green Card holders who won't attend conferences abroad any longer...

And yes academic visa's and visiting researchers ..at nearly every university..if they return home this summer ...they might sacrifice thier career and be permitted to return. It just goes on and on..

Team trump did not run the executive order by the Justice Department for guidance or input..and yes it was complete #ing mess the way it was rolled out.

As all things Trump thus far it is one part gross incompetence and one part disdain for American principles.

The GOP at large can't pretend Trump will get his shut together...eff ups are the new norm.

And sidenote..though I disagree with a lot of posters here I don't like anyone getting hurt..Trump's incompetence in trade and isolationist policy moved us from most likely...to virtual certaintity as far as the probability of a recession in the next 12 months...and it will likely come at the speed of Trump. Everyone should get their ducks in a row and save a little extra in the next few months. We can debate politics six months from now, but it breaks my heart when people post while living in their car. Just prepare a little for a sharp downturn..even if you don't believe me..it can't hurt to prepare.

Trumps not changing....trump told us exactly what he would do and he is doing it..and every economist told us exactly where that leads...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It's political posturing because Obama had already established the vetting process.

Trump is doing what he does best. Trying to take credit for something created by someone else. But he screwed this one up by taking it one step too far by barring people who are authorized to be in the US.

When are you guys going to figure out that he's a con-artist.

originally posted by: queenofswords

Trump on the other hands is doing this for no good reason but to make a political posture. Nothing more.

And you know this how? Have you been sitting in on all the intelligence briefings? Are you aware that the FBI has nearly 1,000 active probes involving ISIS inside the United States?

www.judicialwatch.org...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Yup, haste makes waste. Think about the lives that are impacted by this and the money our govt. and advocacy groups will have to spend to clean this up. Like I said above, this is amateur hour.

originally posted by: Indigo5

So far Google and Facebook have identified a few hundred employees each that are effected by the ban...either unable to return from visiting their home countries or now unable to leave to visit their family without knowing if they will be let back in. No doubt corporations all over the US are trying to figure out what this means for thier employees and businesses. Green Card holders who won't attend conferences abroad any longer...

And yes academic visa's and visiting researchers ..at nearly every university..if they return home this summer ...they might sacrifice thier career and be permitted to return. It just goes on and on..

Team trump did not run the executive order by the Justice Department for guidance or input..and yes it was complete #ing mess the way it was rolled out.

As all things Trump thus far it is one part gross incompetence and one part disdain for American principles.

The GOP at large can't pretend Trump will get his shut together...eff ups are the new norm.

And sidenote..though I disagree with a lot of posters here I don't like anyone getting hurt..Trump's incompetence in trade and isolationist policy moved us from most likely...to virtual certaintity as far as the probability of a recession in the next 12 months...and it will likely come at the speed of Trump. Everyone should get their ducks in a row and save a little extra in the next few months. We can debate politics six months from now, but it breaks my heart when people post while living in their car. Just prepare a little for a sharp downturn..even if you don't believe me..it can't hurt to prepare.

Trumps not changing....trump told us exactly what he would do and he is doing it..and every economist told us exactly where that leads...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
I read both Obama's and Trump's. Trump's version is in part unconstitutional and violates the equal protection clause.

originally posted by: xuenchen

You have to read the existing laws cited in the EO to understand anything.

MSM is busy today.

Not unconstitutional according to existing laws.

You need to read the EO, and then read all the laws cited.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That will be left up to the judiciary.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Most of all that has been proven wrong already today.

Green Card holders were never affected.

The MSM has been spreading those wild rumors.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: xuenchen

That will be left up to the judiciary.

How long can we expect that process to take?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
Yup, haste makes waste. Think about the lives that are impacted by this and the money our govt. and advocacy groups will have to spend to clean this up. Like I said above, this is amateur hour.

Not to mention that Trump didn't talk about this EO with his Secretary of Homeland Security, John Kelley, until shortly before it was issued. That gave his department no time to prepare, and hence we saw chaos at the airports.

Piss poor management on display, IMO, nevermind the ban being unAmerican in spirit.
edit on 1/29/2017 by Olivine because: typos

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Was it unamerican when Obama banned refugees from Iraq for 6 months?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Can you provide a source for that?
The EO number, for example?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Wow. An uncredited post on an alt-right blog.
That sure proved a lot./s

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Trump said, "We don't want them here" meaning muslims when he signed the EO.

I'm curious as to how you know what Trump's pronoun referred to. Mind-reading?

Considering he specifically mentioned the 7 countries affected in the words just prior to that statement, I believe the pronoun would be intended to refer to those 7 countries and their inhabitants.

Plus, individuals with refugee applications approved by US Citizenship and Immigration Services as part of the US Refugee Admissions Program, holders of valid immigrant and non-immigrant visas, and other individuals from the 7 countries are legally authorized to enter the United States; just like anyone else with the same visas.

ER, no.

From the US State Department's official website:

After I have my visa, I will be able to enter the U.S., correct?

A visa does not guarantee entry into the United States. A visa allows a foreign citizen to travel to the U.S. port-of-entry, and the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) immigration inspector authorizes or denies admission to the United States. See Admissions on the CBP website.

From the CBP official website:

Will I be able to travel into or through the United States?

Aliens seeking to lawfully enter into the United States must establish their admissibility to the satisfaction of the CBP officer. This is done as part of the inspection process. The reasons that a traveler who is applying for admission into the United States could be inadmissible are found in INA § 212(a).

In simple terms, no one who is not a US Citizen has a legal right to enter the United States. If you will look at INA § 212(a), you will find a few pages of reasons why an inspector can, at their sole discretion, deny entry, VISA or not. If that power is granted to the inspectors, by definition it must also be granted to the Secretary of State, and any power granted to the Secretary of State must, by definition, be granted to the President.

Donald J. Trump has every authority to restrict entry or VISAs to any non-citizen he chooses. It's his job.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

That's exactly what they want you to believe.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Guys, this chaos is all deliberate.

Trump's philosophy, act now, debate later.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Wasn't it bad when Obama did that?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

a reply to: projectvxn

Can you provide a source for that?
The EO number, for example?

Here's an article that goes much further than that.

heavy.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

a reply to: AMPTAH

Wasn't it bad when Obama did that?

Obama didn't do the same thing.

People who have already been vetted shouldn't be now banned.

Trump's action is deliberate to create chaos.

Maybe he wants to stir things up, to make everybody get off their butts and start taking the vetting even more seriously.

But his order is deliberately vague and causing confusion at points of entry.

Since he has lots of smart people around him, this has to be part of the plan.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotTooHappy
a reply to: queenofswords

Wow. An uncredited post on an alt-right blog.
That sure proved a lot./s

So typical. Just attack the source (which I consider credible, btw) without doing any follow-up research. Okay.

Here's one that's interesting:

'Unprecedented': What ISIS Looks Like In America

Here's another:

ISIS PRESENT IN ALL 50 STATES, SAYS FBI

CHICAGO (WLS) -- The ABC7 I-Team looked into ISIS terrorists in the United States- not just a smattering of potentially violent radicals, but terrorists present in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan and all 50 states.

In less than two years, ISIS has gone from a terror start-up overseas to what FBI Director James Comey calls a "chaotic spider web" in the US, with young Muslim men being radicalized in Illinois and the 49 other states. Comey suggests ISIS uses social media like a job fair. That's how he says terrorists snagged three New York men facing ISIS charges.

"Those people exist in every state. I have homegrown violent extremist investigations in every single state. Until a few weeks ago there was 49 states. Alaska had none which I couldn't quite figure out. But Alaska has now joined the group so we have investigations of people in various stages of radicalizing in all 50 states," Comey said.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

www.judicialwatch.org...

LOL? So Trump in less than a week sitting in these intelligence briefings, decided there was such a dramatic change in terrorist activity, that he had to mandate this? Hilarious.

Since 9/11, how many successful terrorist attacks have been launched by those 9 countries into the U.S.? NONE? Huh.. don't really think we need a massive ban. If the FBI or any other alphabet agency has been dealing with this.. then it's apparent.. they have been dealing with it. No attacks means.. job well done. No need for massive bans.. right?

It is pointless. A waste of money and resources. It accomplishes NOTHING. Other than PO'ing other countries and our own citizens.
edit on 30-1-2017 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join