It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Emergency Stay Granted - Defeat for Trump's Right Wing Agenda

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
a reply to: xuenchen

Watch the film. He's at the airport.

That governor is a Left Wing

He told a few lies too.

Not good.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Of course, and fact checkers are "scum" according to Mr. Trump.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: ipsedixit

NPR is a biased Ivory Tower Left Wing source.

Indeed. They are also federally funded, and Trump is attempting to cut their money off.
www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Be that as it may, I think he knows the facts on the ground.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Sorry to be an inconvenient fact checker, but NPR's funding sources are as follows.

en.wikipedia.org...

In 2010, NPR revenues totaled $180 million, with the bulk of revenues coming from programming fees, grants from foundations or business entities, contributions and sponsorships.[20] According to the 2009 financial statement, about 50% of NPR revenues come from the fees it charges member stations for programming and distribution charges.[20] Typically, NPR member stations receive funds through on-air pledge drives, corporate underwriting, state and local governments, educational institutions, and the federally funded Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB). In 2009, member stations derived 6% of their revenue from federal, state and local government funding, 10% of their revenue from CPB grants, and 14% of their revenue from universities.[20][34] While NPR does not receive any direct federal funding, it does receive a small number of competitive grants from CPB and federal agencies like the Department of Education and the Department of Commerce. This funding amounts to approximately 2% of NPR's overall revenues.[20]

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Be that as it may, I think he knows the facts on the ground.

He showed up after the fact.

He knew nothing about any instructions.

How and why would he ?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I agree that you would be mystified in the situation but I think the governor must have talked to the airport manager about the situation there.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Sorry to be an inconvenient fact checker, but NPR's funding sources are as follows.

en.wikipedia.org...

In 2010, NPR revenues totaled $180 million, with the bulk of revenues coming from programming fees, grants from foundations or business entities, contributions and sponsorships.[20] According to the 2009 financial statement, about 50% of NPR revenues come from the fees it charges member stations for programming and distribution charges.[20] Typically, NPR member stations receive funds through on-air pledge drives, corporate underwriting, state and local governments, educational institutions, and the federally funded Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB). In 2009, member stations derived 6% of their revenue from federal, state and local government funding, 10% of their revenue from CPB grants, and 14% of their revenue from universities.[20][34] While NPR does not receive any direct federal funding, it does receive a small number of competitive grants from CPB and federal agencies like the Department of Education and the Department of Commerce. This funding amounts to approximately 2% of NPR's overall revenues.[20]

Your source says they receive federal funds also, which Trump is trying to cut.

Perhaps NPR themselves can help:

Federal funding is essential to public radio's service to the American public. Its continuation is critical for both stations and program producers, including NPR. Public radio stations receive annual grants directly from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) that make up an important part of a diverse revenue mix that includes listener support, corporate sponsorship and grants. Stations, in turn, draw on this mix of public and privately sourced revenue to pay NPR and other public radio producers for their programming.

www.npr.org...

edit on 29/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I agree that you would be mystified in the situation but I think the governor must have talked to the airport manager about the situation there.

How would an airport manager know anything that is secret within a Federal Agency?

This whole was "secret" for a reason.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

What reason?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Outlets like NPR are usually run on what would be considered a shoestring budget in comparison to the main private broadcasters, so all funds are necessary, even federal funds, and all donors are going to be made to feel important and necessary, including the federal government. According to Wikipedia, NPR receives about 2% of its funding from the federal government.

I agree that Wikipedia must be read intelligently but I doubt if there is much risk that NPR would lowball the amount of money received from any donor on a page that was probably written by them, or at the least carefully vetted by them.

Threatening to remove 2% of NPR's funding and making it sound like a death blow, to his faithful, seems like par for the course for Donald Trump, though.
edit on 29-1-2017 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The title of this post is misleading. The ban on immigration from 7 countries still stands.
edit on 29-1-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

link   

Outlets like NPR are usually run on what would be considered a shoestring budget in comparison to the main private broadcasters, so all funds are necessary, even federal funds, and all donors are going to be made to feel important and necessary, including the federal government. According to Wikipedia, NPR receives about 2% of its funding from the federal government.

I agree that Wikipedia must be read intelligently but I doubt if there is much risk that NPR would lowball the amount of money received from any donor on a page that was probably written by them, or at the least carefully vetted by them.

Threatening to remove 2% of NPR's funding and making it sound like a death blow, to his faithful, seems like par for the course for Donald Trump, though.

It's not a death blow at all, but it is about $4m a year directly from the govt, which is enough to make the directors a bit salty. NPR also receive more money indirectly from the govt via member fees. Trump defunding certain organisations that are NPR members also hits their revenue, which he is trying to do with the National Endowment For The Arts and the National Endowment For The Humanities, and privatising the Corporation For Public Broadcasting.

edit on 29/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
The title of this post is misleading. The ban in immigration from 7 countries still stands.

Yes it does, in FULL force.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

plus that 4 mil can go towards the wall or better vetting on muslims!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

What happens if a terror attack is the product of all this?

Get ready for it.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Well, I would think a Judge has more legal knowledge about the law than you! If there's a suspension in a proceeding, there's definitely a "legal" reason for doing so. I'm not a constitutional lawyer so I wasn't offering any "Facts." I was simply relaying what government insiders and legal analysis's were saying. Here are just a few legal law professors who question the legality of the ban...

"The only respect in which religion is a legal criterion in immigration choices is that fleeing religious persecution weighs in someone's favor on the question of being granted refugee status," Richard Primus, a constitutional law professor at the University of Michigan law school, told CBS News. No Muslims allowed or 'no Christians allowed' would not be legal. It would probably be unconstitutional."

If an immigration official asks about an immigrant's religion and then uses the answer as the basis for denial of relief, "that could be a constitutional violation," Greg Chen, the director of advocacy at the American Immigration Lawyers Association, told CBS News. This comes into play especially in cases when immigrants have already been legally admitted to the U.S. because, says Chen, a court could find that their equal protection rights have been violated.

There's more legal questions surrounding Trumps ban here...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

plus that 4 mil can go towards the wall or better vetting on muslims!

Do you know the relationship between 4 million and 15 billion?

Just muslims? I thought this wasn't a muslim ban.

Better than what?

edit on 1/29/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

We're veering off topic here. Trump is a vulgar person in many ways. I understand he wants to reduce public funding for the arts. Most societies fund arts that appeal to a narrower band of the demographic spectrum. The consensus wisdom is that those expressions of culture have value. Maybe Trump will be able to reduce that funding, maybe not.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Not even close to reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join