It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Emergency Stay Granted - Defeat for Trump's Right Wing Agenda

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

A king? He is doing what he is allowed to due by law. Not even a new law. He is doing what he said he was going to do and everyone is surprised. many of you in this very thread said he would roll over and push the Clinton agenda which is why he ran. A LOT of you.

Now, here we are, he is elected and I could care less about crowds or votes. That is in the past and the future is one where we as a country are in charge. Not being dictated by ANY foreign government. If these people protesting feel so strongly take a plane to Syria and help. If not, go get another Starbucks and stfu...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: TheRedneck

As I also said in my post (you might want to actually read it), court correction to laws or policies when unanticipated consequences arise is not unusual. It is actually quite normal. The only difference in this case is that normality is being used to try and further discredit the US election process.

What are you going on about the "election process"???

God help us...the insecurity of Trump fans is exhausting...

Election over...BUT WE DID NOT ELECT A KING....When a president acts like a petty incompetent despot..It is the Peoples duty to speak...it is the Judicial branches duty to check him...and it is the Media's duty to report on his lies..

None of that has to do with the Electoral College...

We don't do the king or tyrant thing here in the USA...

You can get that part without demanding a safe-space where your President is never challenged.

Is the Constitution of the USA despotic? I can't see anything Trump has done which he is not entitled to do as an elected President of the USA.
It's sounds like your beef is with the US system of govt and the constitution which underpins it. It does not surprise me to hear someone so far on the left to believe the American system is despotic.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'm having a great time watching your heads explode! Go USA!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: xuenchen

....Chuck Schumer is in front of the cameras crying...literally crying and saying this is mean-spirited. What a dip wad!

He is the best the Democrats have !!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

What are you going on about the "election process"???

God help us...the insecurity of Trump fans is exhausting...

I am simply stating what I see as the only logical excuse for the ignorant statements provided.

'Exhausting' can also refer to the continual parades of tears and marches and protests riots and false narratives (like this one) that the majority of the country has had to endure witnessing. This non-issue is simply another display in that parade. The band is still playing the same tune, and the crowds are still cheering.

If you ever want to be taken seriously, I strongly suggest you stop the sound bite regurgitation and ridiculous accusations. Trump will make mistakes, possibly grave mistakes, during his administration. All Presidents do. I will call him out when that happens and I would hope others do too. But those who have already discredited themselves will find their voices woefully impotent.

I know you will ignore that warning, but hope springs eternal and all that.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Election over...BUT WE DID NOT ELECT A KING....When a president acts like a petty incompetent despot..It is the Peoples duty to speak...it is the Judicial branches duty to check him...and it is the Media's duty to report on his lies..

None of that has to do with the Electoral College...

We don't do the king or tyrant thing here in the USA...

You can get that part without demanding a safe-space where your President is never challenged.

This is not a new thing.
Please calm down.
Presidents have been issuing executive orders regarding immigration for decades.

Impeachable? Here Are 18 Immigration Executive Orders Issued by Recent Republican Presidents Presidents Eisenhower, Ford, Reagan, Bush and Bush all altered immigration law by executive action, yet none were impeached

Impeachable? Here Are 18 Immigration Executive Orders Issued by Recent Republican Presidents

Notice that the above was defense of Obama's EO regarding immigration.
So what changed? People defended Obama's rights to do this, but when Trump does it, you accuse him of overreach?

Six other times the US has banned immigrants

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
He won't make it past the first debate. He won't win a primary. He won't be there on Super Tuesday. He won't win the primaries. He won't get the nod. He won't get past the first debate. He will not build a wall. He will not stop Obamacare. He will not stop immigration. He won't cut spending. He is the same old same old. He won't win.

He won. Now there is surprise?

Well, in his first week he comprehensively touched on every campaign point and even while freezing government funds gave the soldiers a raise.

Get back on your plane and go "Make you own country great again" should be his new slogan.
edit on 01pm31pmf0000002017-01-29T13:04:11-06:000111 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
and just so we are clear...the Federal Judge simply ordered that those already on the ground be released. It is not 'stopping' anything.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I understand your point, but WWII did begin in 1939. We didn't enter till 1941, but we were well aware of what was going on throughout Europe and elsewhere. We weren't blind nor careless.

On May 13, 1939, the German transatlantic liner St. Louis sailed from Hamburg, Germany, for Havana, Cuba. On the voyage were 937 passengers. Almost all were Jews fleeing from the Third Reich. Most were German citizens, some were from eastern Europe, and a few were officially "stateless."

www.ushmm.org...

Read the article, especially the part about the illegal sale of fake landing documents.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Priebus is now stating that green card holders are not included in the ban, but that anyone - green card holders included - going to and from banned countries will be subject to extra screening...

www.nbcnews.com...

We didn't overrule the Department of Homeland Security, as far as green card holders moving forward, it doesn't affect them," Priebus first said. But when pressed by host Chuck Todd on whether it impacts green card holders, Priebus reversed himself, saying, "Well, of course it does. If you're traveling back and forth, you're going to be subjected to further screening."

...including United States citizens...

Asked whether the executive order would affect U.S. citizens, he again indicated it would, suggesting it was up to the "discretionary authority" of a Customs and Border Patrol agent whether to question citizens coming from the countries in question.

"I would suspect that if you're an American citizen traveling back and forth to Libya you're likely to be subjected to further questioning when you come into an airport," he said

www.nbcnews.com...

... so the immigration authorities have the sole discretion on this... and that authority and the screening or presumably based on this, even detainment, can include U.S. citizens.

(I know... NBC... but, it's a quote.)

Peace.
edit on 1/29/2017 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I understand your point, but WWII did begin in 1939. We didn't enter till 1941...

Then it would have nothing to do with our nation being at war as you implied.

Read the article, especially the part about the illegal sale of fake landing documents.

I am well versed on this topic, the book FDR and the Jews covers it in detail, the Cuban government's malfeasance cannot be held against the passengers. Roosevelt was wrong, regardless of how they ultimately tried to obtain entrance after many attempts. History rightly judges this and his other nationalistic and xenophobic actions as contrary to what our country is founded on.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

That was stated right in the EO.
Admittance would be granted by exception on a case-by-case basis.
The ban was never absolute.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
You obviously have never asked ACLU to assist you. They only assist people they can get a head line from. A normal American citizen is turned away. In my case it was what is called 'public corruption' by members of the Department of Justice.
So, anyone the ACLU assists is not a law abiding US Citizen...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I understand your point, but WWII did begin in 1939. We didn't enter till 1941...

Then it would have nothing to do with our nation being at war as you implied.

I am well versed on this topic, the book FDR and the Jews covers it in detail, the Cuban government's malfeasance cannot be held against the passengers. Roosevelt was wrong, regardless of how they ultimately tried to obtain entrance after many attempts. History rightly judges this and his other nationalistic and xenophobic actions as contrary to what our country is founded on.

I should have said, "the world" when I said "we".

Presidents have very difficult decisions to make when protecting their own people's borders. We are still a country by the people and for the people.

I can't imagine a burden greater than being responsible for 330,000,000 million people and having to make choices that may later seem contrary to what we normally think of as "what our country is founded on".

In peacetime, it's not so difficult....but war is a bitch and presidents have to protect We The People first. I don't have one iota of a problem with America First.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

In peacetime, it's not so difficult....but war is a bitch and presidents have to protect We The People first. I don't have one iota of a problem with America First.

Considering we are perpetually at war that stance gives any jackass in the White House cart blanche.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Considering we are perpetually at war that stance gives any jackass in the White House cart blanche.

I hear 'ya. Terrorists like ISIS, Al-Shabaab, Hezbollah, Al-Qaeda, and a host of other groups are different. We're at war for sure and it makes it difficult to destroy the enemy because they are like a seven-headed monster with multiple lesser heads and horns.

Look how it has grown since 2012! This is the time we need the right people making common sense approaches to eliminating this monster that is growing tentacles faster than the namby-pamby leaders we have had can cut them off.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Look how it has grown since 2012! This is the time we need the right people making common sense approaches to eliminating this monster that is growing tentacles faster than the namby-pamby leaders we have had can cut them off.

I do not want to go off topic with strategy but you are not going to defeat a violent ideology with more drone strikes.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Don't count on it.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Just for snips and giggles.

WASHINGTON—The Department of Homeland Security today announced that it is continuing its implementation of the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 with the addition of Libya, Somalia, and Yemen as three countries of concern, limiting Visa Waiver Program travel for certain individuals who have traveled to these countries.

Pursuant to the Act, the Secretary of Homeland Security had sixty days to determine whether additional countries or areas of concern should be subject to the travel or dual nationality restrictions under the Act. After careful consideration, and in consultation with the Director of National Intelligence and the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security has determined that Libya, Somalia, and Yemen be included as countries of concern, specifically for individuals who have traveled to these countries since March 1, 2011. At this time, the restriction on Visa Waiver Program travel will not apply to dual nationals of these three countries. DHS continues to consult with the Department of State and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence to develop further criteria to determine whether other countries would be added to this list.

Last month, the United States began implementing changes under the Act. The three additional countries designated toda]y join Iran, Iraq, Sudan and Syria as countries subject to restrictions for Visa Waiver Program travel for certain individuals. Under the new law, the Secretary of Homeland Security may waive these restrictions if he determines that such a waiver is in the law enforcement or national security interests of the United States. Such waivers will be granted only on a case-by-case basis. As a general matter, categories of travelers who may be eligible for a waiver include individuals who traveled to these countries on behalf of international organizations, regional organizations, and sub-national governments on official duty; on behalf of a humanitarian NGO on official duty; or as a journalist for reporting purposes.

www.dhs.gov...

Y U HATIN on Trump again?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Good post.

and the date of that is:

Release Date:
February 18, 2016

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>