It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Emergency Stay Granted - Defeat for Trump's Right Wing Agenda

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Once again, there is a clause in the EO that would have allowed this Iraqi to enter the country.
They just had to use the EO and follow procedures.
There was no need for a lawsuit.
The ACLU and Democrats are grandstanding.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Convenience of the few cannot take preference over the safety of the many. Such is unreasonable. If my stating such offends you, perhaps you should rethink your logic from a less biased perspective. It is illogical to place the convenience of a minority for unrestricted travel above the safety of a majority.

What "offends" me is the insinuation that, by not agreeing with you, I have a "desire for destruction".

Do you actually think that is the case?

If not, I would suggest you reword it.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Fascists in power?
Do yourself a favour. Move away from the keyboard.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

There are threats much worse than what you or I know. I don't even want to mention them out loud. They're too horrific to even think about.

Left-wingers have not only lost their

The last time foreigners successfully launched a terrorist attack on US soil was when a Republican was in the White House.

During Obama's 8 years, what attacks their were... were by Americans.

Curious as to how the two middle eastern countries where Trump has business interests were excluded form the list.

And the bulk of 9-11 terrorists were Saudi's? Where are they on that list?

Trump is making us LESS SAFE in the world...
edit on 29-1-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

There are threats much worse than what you or I know. I don't even want to mention them out loud. They're too horrific to even think about.

Curious as to how the two middle eastern countries where Trump has business interests were excluded form the list.

You shouldn't be as it has already been spelled out for you, but alas you are incapable of any objectivity as clearly evidenced by your posts.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
They will use our laws against us to destroy us from within.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Ok, so what about paris? or the UK? or Sweden? or Germany? Have their attacks been at the hands of the locals or "refugees"?

My point: If the neighborhood up the road is having a bunch of robberies, rapes, and murders, do you need to leave your door unlocked until it happens on your street or should you start locking your door? Further, if you begin locking your door, are you less safe?
edit on 29-1-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Ok, so what about paris? or the UK? or Sweden? or Germany? Have their attacks been at the hands of the locals or "refugees"?

My point: If the neighborhood up the road is having a bunch of robberies, rapes, and murders, do you need to leave your door unlocked until it happens on your street or should you start locking your door?

Good point that. I think some people actually want to see more dead Americans before acting. Show me the bodies or you are not allowed to protect us!

edit on 29/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The last time foreigners successfully launched a terrorist attack on US soil was when a Republican was in the White House.

And the bulk of 9-11 terrorists were Saudi's? Where are they on that list?

Trump is making us LESS SAFE in the world...

That doesn't account for the unsuccessful attacks, for instance the Yemeni man Mohamed Rafik Naji, an Uber driver, who wanted to join ISIS and run over people with a truck in Time Square before he was arrested last November. It's only a matter of times before one of these plots become more than a plot. The executive order explicitly states that numerous foreign-born individuals have been convicted or implicated in terrorism-related crimes since September 11, 2001. That is the reason for the ban.
edit on 29-1-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Perhaps...but more likely it will be edited and walked back as is now the norm for the incompetent ass in the WH.

One temporary stay decision by three judges in lower Federal courts is hardly a 'norm.'

That aside, you just repeated what I said after the introductory statement you quoted. There is a likely probability that a hearing will amend the Executive Order to allow for specific cases. And indeed, a less formal exception clause is already in place, as another poster pointed out.

Reading - it's what's for dinner.

Two Federal Judges in Boston, Another in New York have suspended the EO.

None of which were elected. All were appointed.

We have Judicial branch for a reason in the checks and balances...and until the MAJORITY of the USA has it's next opportunity to remove the fascists from power you will see people on the streets and Judges checking the unconstitutional actions. America Stands.

America stumbles every time someone tries to discredit the actions of the man duly elected by the people and states of the US for partisan purposes. Yes, we have a judiciary for a reason, and the judiciary is acting appropriately in this case. No, we do not rule our country by mob force. Your threats against our country are duly noted... by me and every other American who believes in America.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

edit on 29-1-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Correct..we did it before when we banned Jews fleeing the Holocaust from entering the country.

See? This is the sort of statement that looks ignorant to me and full of emotional charge.

We were in a WORLD WAR. The ability to do extreme vetting DID NOT EXIST in 1942. Think about the times, the technology, the dangers.

As the German military swept through Europe, it became increasingly more difficult for refugees to flee abroad. Fewer passenger liners crossed the Atlantic Ocean. Those that did left from neutral ports, such as Lisbon, Portugal. In German-occupied Poland, the SS prohibited Jews from emigrating. Jews in Germany could legally leave until fall 1941. It was still possible until fall 1942 for some refugees to leave France to travel to the United States.

The war also dramatically heightened security concerns in Europe and the United States. Out of fear that the Nazis could smuggle spies and saboteurs in with refugees, immigration officials tightened visa policies for immigrants and non-immigrants. The State Department urged its diplomatic consuls in Europe to screen potential immigrants carefully, including those fleeing persecution, out of fear they could be pressured into working as agents for Germany.

www.ushmm.org...

Finish reading the article. It's interesting. By 1944, stricter screening enabled our country to start bringing in the Jewish refugees in larger numbers and we set up programs to help them. You can criticize America all you want, but, unfortunately the times and a world at war created a horrible situation, but as America always does, we worked the problems out and proceeded with compassion and support.

The #1 priority for a president is to safeguard the American people. It had to be done during WWII and it has to be done NOW. "See" it or don't....it is up to you.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

If you support the notion that the convenience of a minority is of greater importance than the safety of the majority, then, yes, I consider that as advocation of destruction.

It is also possible that you are confusing the actual issue based on propaganda/ignorance, or that you are using flawed logic. Only you can determine which possibility is appropriate in your case.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Fascists in power?
Do yourself a favour. Move away from the keyboard.

You missed the memo...

Steve Bannon
Richard Spencer
Gavin McInnes
Milo Yiannopoulos
Jared Taylor
Mike Cernovich
And a handful of others..

...Rising celebrities in the "New Right"

...Trumps Pizzagate pushers, Alt-Right Trolls, given credit by Bannon and Michael Flynn (his son among them) for the troll campaign that pushed Trump over the edge...

They are PROUD fascists...Not pretending anymore...

The Alt-Right Comes to Washington
www.politico.com...

Tell me...what is an "antifa"????

VIDEO: Gavin McInnes Fights Antifa At DeploraBall!
www.informationliberation.com...

It stands for "Anti-Fascist"...their enemy...Trump Protestors...

Take a little time to watch the Alt-Right Trump "New Conservatives" blogs, videos etc. and they are giddily celebrating Trump's fascism and have close ties to his administration.

VIDEO: Gavin McInnes Fights Antifa At DeploraBall!
www.politico.com...

edit on 29-1-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I think that the these agents should be following the judges' order(for now),however it looks like they are as fed up with our immigration policy as a lot of us are.

nypost.com...

The ACLU is getting “multiple reports” that federal customs agents are siding with President Trump — and willfully ignoring a Brooklyn federal judge’s demand that travelers from seven Muslim countries not be deported from the nation’s airports

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I wish that everyone would protest like this for people who already live in America. Homeless children. Starving families. Disable vets who get no healthcare. Where are people then? A few people are not allowed into the country and suddenly one of our largest US airports is suddenly awash with protests and anger and almost shut down? We have to clean your own backyard before we can open the door. 1 in 5 children in the US live in poverty. Next time you take you kid to school look around. 30 kids in a class. There are 5-6 kids in there that will go home to no food.

Start at home and local and stop worrying about Syrian refugees who cannot get into the country. 29 other countries including regional ones are there for them.

What happens when Customs does not listen to the federal 'stop'? Because right now they are not stopping and should not. Sorry. Everyone knew this was coming. This is not surprise. If you wanted to travel to this country from a country that you knew would be on the list you should have done it before inauguration.

I would also like to know where in the EO it singles out Islam?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Once again, there is a clause in the EO that would have allowed this Iraqi to enter the country.

When the Iraqi (who risked his and his families life for a decade helping US soliders in Iraq...and had a lawful visa for entry) asked DHS who he should talk to when they arrested him...they said "Call the President"...and then told him he was not allowed to see his lawyer. No one from the Trump administration responded to his pleadings and he would have been returned to Iraq if not for the ACLU.

Stop the BS....

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Do you always judge people by the letter next to their names? I really hope the news never makes a typo and places the letter 'Q' where a 'D' should be... people's heads would literally explode.

That must be a great relief to the families of the dead. You for realize these attacks were by citizens influenced by ISIS? How are they being influenced? Telepathically?

That list was created under Li'l George and Obama. Was Trump telepathically controlling them?

Methinks you might want to lay off the sci-fi shows... all this telepathic stuff only exists in pixels on a screen.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

When the Iraqi (who risked his and his families life for a decade helping US soliders in Iraq...and had a lawful visa for entry) asked DHS who he should talk to when they arrested him...they said "Call the President"...and then told him he was not allowed to see his lawyer. No one from the Trump administration responded to his pleadings and he would have been returned to Iraq if not for the ACLU.

Stop the BS....

Yes please do stop the BS. It was the first day and you keep banging on about a single example where the rule was enforced heavy handedly.
Leave the experts to hone their process. You seem to know F all about it.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Perhaps...but more likely it will be edited and walked back as is now the norm for the incompetent ass in the WH.

One temporary stay decision by three judges in lower Federal courts is hardly a 'norm.'

No...I meant the NORM being the Trump administration coming out with half-baked ideas as policy and then having to walk it back...20% tax on Mexican Imports?

I wasn't referring to Federal Judges so rapidly putting a stay order on an Executive Order...Agreed...that is unusual, and indicative of how out of touch Trump is with the constitution and laws.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join