It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Emergency Stay Granted - Defeat for Trump's Right Wing Agenda

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

I get that, but he's a citizen of the UK. I have the propensity to be dense at times..not by choice. What ties does he still have to Somalia that keep him from traveling as a citizen of the UK.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I wonder seriously about those who do see this as unreasonable. Such would appear to me to be indicative of a desire for destruction... and I do not in any way see that as "reasonable."

Really?

You are going that low and trying to use that old chestnut?

I think that the ban is unreasonable on the grounds that it blankets entire populations as potential terrorists.

What, exactly, are you going to accuse me of for thinking that?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Read the article. It explains it.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

No, it doesn't.

It is unclear whether Farah, who moved to Britain aged eight, will be able to return to the US.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: neformore
Back to the debate.

Thsi is everything that's wrong with this ban;

Sir Mo Farah: Olympic champion criticises Donald Trump's US travel ban

Britain's four-time Olympic gold medallist Sir Mo Farah has criticised US President Donald Trump for imposing an order that leaves him unsure whether he can return to the United States.

Farah, 33, was born in Somalia but has lived in Oregon for the past six years.

Somali nationals are among those banned from travelling to the US under the executive order issued on Friday.

This man is a British citizen, a knight of the realm and a national sporting hero, a multi medal winning Olympian who lives in the US to take advantage of training facilities, and the current ban means he may not be allowed back into the US

If he is solely a British citizen he has no issues.
If he has a dual passport then he has a problem... he doesn't actually say in his statement so I can't work out whether he is just using the sport of athletics to whine, or whether he actually is included.

The EO includes the below phrase, which would likely apply to situations like the above.
If someone has lived peacefully in the country for years, it seems like they would have no trouble going through the process to be approved for entry.
The ban is not absolute.

Notwithstanding a suspension pursuant to subsection (c) of this section or pursuant to a Presidential proclamation described in subsection (e) of this section, the Secretaries of State and Homeland Security may, on a case-by-case basis, and when in the national interest, issue visas or other immigration benefits to nationals of countries for which visas and benefits are otherwise blocked.

Full Text

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

a reply to: JinMI

He was born in Somalia, which is on the list.

I thought this was based on citizenship, not country of birth?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I wonder seriously about those who do see this as unreasonable. Such would appear to me to be indicative of a desire for destruction... and I do not in any way see that as "reasonable."

Really?

I think that the ban is unreasonable on the grounds that it blankets entire populations as potential terrorists.

I personally could not accuse you of anything apart from not understanding the reason for the EO. The whole purpose is to blanket ban people for a period of time so that the vetting process can be be strengthened.
edit on 29/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Their religion blankets everyone (other than them) as an Infidel.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Holy #!!!

You just said this in a vague dismissal of all News...

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Indigo5

Stop listening the activist media.

And then to prove that you have unbiased sources you follow-up post this???

Do a research on all the crap is coming out now

www.lifezette.com...

Effen Laura Ingraham is Chief-Editor and owner of Lifezette!!! It is full on far right, Trump Cheerl-leading propaganda!!

Sorry...but can't debate with crazy.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

That is a misconception, the ban is not what is been advertised to be by the media frenzy, if you read into it, you will see where the facts are and be able to differentiated the propaganda.

I am sure that Sir Mo Farah is welcome in the US. during the ban.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Personally I think THIS is everything that is wrong with this ban.

Iraqi's risking their families lives to do the right thing and help US soldiers. We promise them we will get them and their families out if things go bad...and then they show up and are arrested at the airport!!

Earlier Saturday afternoon, one Iraqi man who was held overnight at John F. Kennedy International Airport called America “the land of freedom” after being released from custody.

Hameed Khalid Darweesh worked as an interpreter for the U.S. Army when it invaded Iraq in 2003 and later as a contract engineer for the U.S.

He was granted permission to relocate to the United States, but was detained along with another traveler from Iraq

He was only permitted to see a lawyer and was just released today..AFTER the ACLU got a Federal Judge to demand it despite Trumps Unconstitutional Executive order...

He also said he was thankful for those who had a hand in his release.

“This is the soul of America. This is what pushed me to move, to leave my country and come here,” he said.

TWO different vision of America...Trump is without honor, without dignity...

newyork.cbslocal.com...
edit on 29-1-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well my friends, I didn't know that this thread was the mud pit, and while I had a great time in it and been put down a bit for it, is the mud pit after all

I always told my self that I will stay away from it.

So sorry about that, I will respectfully excuse myself, have fun.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
Holy #!!!

You just said this in a vague dismissal of all News...

Stop listening the activist media.

And then to prove that you have unbiased sources you follow-up post this???

Do a research on all the crap is coming out now

www.lifezette.com...

Effen Laura Ingraham is Chief-Editor and owner of Lifezette!!! It is full on far right, Trump Cheerl-leading propaganda!!

Sorry...but can't debate with crazy.

So you are saying that your biased sources are correct and any other source is wrong because it's biased?
Liberal logic.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Well my friends, I didn't know that this thread was the mud pit, and while I had a great time in it and been put down a bit for it, is the mud pit after all

I always told my self that I will stay away from it.

So sorry about that, I will respectfully excuse myself, have fun.

Probably a good time to bow out, the usual liberal lunatics have turned up to spread propaganda. A sure sign any reasonable debate is over.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Really?

I personally could not accuse you of anything apart form not understanding the reason for the EO. The whole purpose is to blanket ban people for a period of time so that the vetting process can be be strengthened.

I have been reading comments all morning from all over, and I am amazed at the lack of ability to understand what this EO is for, why it has been initiated, and why it was timed the way it was. Are people really unable to read and comprehend?

Also, a few pages back, someone tried to "educate" another poster on the number of deaths by toddlers or guns to the number of deaths by radical Islamic terrorists. First, by not knowing what our intelligence agencies know and not knowing what our president has been told, this poster is displaying ignorance. It only takes ONE horrific act (and I'm not just talking about a conventional car bomb, or truck driving through a patio cafe, or a nutjob jihadist-hyped employee shooting up a room full of co-workers.)

There are threats much worse than what you or I know. I don't even want to mention them out loud. They're too horrific to even think about.

Left-wingers have not only lost their elections all across the country, but they are losing their minds and their ability to think rationally. Sometimes, it is time to THINK and quit the irrational emotionally-charged rhetoric and place some trust in the man Americans chose to do a really tough job that needs to be done!

This monster growing out of the middle east is out-of-control and namby-pamby smooth-talking politicians that only want to line their personal pockets and take money from Big Donors both foreign and domestic, need to step aside, shut up, and let this man do the job NOW.

Maybe I should have put this post in the Rant forum.

edit on 29-1-2017 by queenofswords because: spelling correction

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I have the right to be secure, as does everyone else. If a group of people wishes to harm me, I have the right to try and avoid them as I see fit.

Somalia has been identified as a country that is involved in international terrorism. What, then, is unreasonable about ensuring anyone from Somalia has demonstrated they are not intent on doing damage?

Trump has determined, based on his examination of the processes currently in place, that the vetting process is insufficient for the task. It will take time to institute new policy; therefore it is reasonable to suspend immigration from those who need additional vetting, even if that action includes those whose suspicion unfortunately relies only on inclusion in a general population.

I have also already stated that I expect, and approve of, a policy to be implemented to consider exceptional cases. Your previous example surely falls into that category. As I understand it, status as a UK citizen exempts someone from the Executive Order in any case.

Convenience of the few cannot take preference over the safety of the many. Such is unreasonable. If my stating such offends you, perhaps you should rethink your logic from a less biased perspective. It is illogical to place the convenience of a minority for unrestricted travel above the safety of a majority.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

The more they lose their minds the better. The liberal media is now so far gone, they can't even hide their snark. They don't realise that they are showing their hand so openly that eventually only complete morons will believe a word they say.
edit on 29/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

There are threats much worse than what you or I know. I don't even want to mention them out loud. They're too horrific to even think about.

Let me give you a hint regarding the above statement. Some of you might "see" and I am 100% sure some of you won't.

--$1.7 billion dollars released in untraceable CASH laundered through Swiss banks, handed over to a country that has vowed death and destruction to America.

--$220,000,000 handed over to the Palestinian Authority hours before the last president left office.

In other words, they have been funded to do big things. We are not in Kansas anymore, people. We have some serious issues going on.

edit on 29-1-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Outstanding statements Queen of Swords and The Redneck !!!

Convenience of the few cannot take preference over the safety of the many. Such is unreasonable. If my stating such offends you, perhaps you should rethink your logic from a less biased perspective. It is illogical to place the convenience of a minority for unrestricted travel above the safety of a majority.

Buck

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Everyone please forgive me for trying to invoke logic and reason in a sea of mud, but...

There is nothing unusual or special here.

Correct..we did it before when we banned Jews fleeing the Holocaust from entering the country.

Anne Frank's family being a prominent example of just one of the thousands of Nazi victims the US denied refuge to during that dark time.

There are two America's...those who said the extermination of the Jews is not our problem...and those who would not sit idly by while men, women and children were gassed.

Trump is dishonorable coward, not fit for the Oval office. He is fundamentally un-American.

The Executive Order will stand. This decision was proper and expected. Any time a new law or Executive Order is implemented, there are those who are caught in a type of legal limbo due to the timing of their actions.

Perhaps...but more likely it will be edited and walked back as is now the norm for the incompetent ass in the WH.

Two Federal Judges in Boston, Another in New York have suspended the EO.

We have Judicial branch for a reason in the checks and balances...and until the MAJORITY of the USA has it's next opportunity to remove the fascists from power you will see people on the streets and Judges checking the unconstitutional actions. America Stands.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join