It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Emergency Stay Granted - Defeat for Trump's Right Wing Agenda

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Despite the fact that we may be on the same side of this argument, your past two posts are simply embarrassing.

If you simply want to trawl through this with insults, then all you are going to get back are insults.

If you want an informed and educated debate/conversation, then you need to be setting the tone, not wrecking it.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You are so full of it, but that is ok, I will just ignore your baiting, like I always do with those that have not way to put up a good argument without insults.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: UKTruth

One of the problems in our nation is that our congress has become lazy and fat sitting doing nothing while allowing lobbyist lawyers influence laws while helping write them.

Many bills can take up to a year or more, for that reason, I hope Trump put congress to work like they are supposed to work and keep the lobbyist out of the law making.

Yes, I do actually know when Obama signed his first bill (it wasn't one he initiated by the way)....I am just curious why the poster I responded to would open a line of criticism on bills signed in the first week.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Meanwhile, he has yet to submit a single bill for legislation.

Presidents don't submit bills.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: JinMI
The EO also doesn't make reference to an indefinite ban. Also, no time frame.

It certainly does, the phrase 'until such time as I have determined' provides no definitive time which is the definition of indefinite.

Correct, sorry, I thought we were still talking about indefinitely in the unlimited sense and not the defined time range.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Syrian refugees have been banned indefinitely - that pretty much means forever.

Where in the EO does it say Syrians are banned indefinitely ??

Now is not the time for mis-interpretations.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Back to the debate.

Thsi is everything that's wrong with this ban;

Sir Mo Farah: Olympic champion criticises Donald Trump's US travel ban

Britain's four-time Olympic gold medallist Sir Mo Farah has criticised US President Donald Trump for imposing an order that leaves him unsure whether he can return to the United States.

Farah, 33, was born in Somalia but has lived in Oregon for the past six years.

Somali nationals are among those banned from travelling to the US under the executive order issued on Friday.

This man is a British citizen, a knight of the realm and a national sporting hero, a multi medal winning Olympian who lives in the US to take advantage of training facilities, and the current ban means he may not be allowed back into the US

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

I've tried the educated debate - time after time after time after time.

I'm getting tired of being called a libtard and stupid and diseased and an SJW (as some kind of the worse insult) and all the other insults, when I have not called anyone any names.

So, lately I've been fighting back a little and giving back what I've been getting.

But you're right. I think I need a break from ATS. All the hatred from the right has been rubbing off on me.

Apologies Marg. I'm moving on.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

How is he banned from coming home if he is a citizen of the UK?

Pardon my ignorance.

link   
Everyone please forgive me for trying to invoke logic and reason in a sea of mud, but...

There is nothing unusual or special here. The Executive Order will stand. This decision was proper and expected. Any time a new law or Executive Order is implemented, there are those who are caught in a type of legal limbo due to the timing of their actions. Most laws specify what is to happen in these cases, but orders are generally not as thorough. By their very nature, they are intended to be implemented quickly as a temporary solution until Congress can have time to act.

Trump ordered that all immigration from seven countries, previously identified as prone to terroristic activities, be halted immediately. That revoked all VISAs and green cards as well as prohibited issuing new ones for up to 90 days. Good, I agree with that because it allows time to get a new vetting process in place.

The judge declared that the new order could not be enforced against those already here or those already in transit. Good, I agree because these people were obeying the law and their only offense was the timing of their trip.

I am sure there will be at least a hearing on the case in the near future, but I doubt anything sweeping will come of it. The court will probably order revocation of existing VISAs and green cards to be delayed for those already in the country to allow reasonable time to comply, and might order Trump's administration to institute a plan to consider extenuating circumstances. Again, reasonable caveats to the order. The Executive Order will still exist, as the President, acting as Commander in Chief, has the authority... really the duty... to ensure all foreign people's entering the US are not foreign combatants with intent to harm the citizenry. That includes using reasonable judgement to institute policy toward that end.

I see absolutely nothing unreasonable about increasing investigation into global travelers during a time of widespread global terrorism, from countries identified as actively supporting terrorism. I wonder seriously about those who do see this as unreasonable. Such would appear to me to be indicative of a desire for destruction... and I do not in any way see that as "reasonable."

TheRedneck

link   

Correct, sorry, I thought we were still talking about indefinitely in the unlimited sense and not the defined time range.

'Until such time as I have determined' could be unlimited. He could potentially not lift it and leave it to the next President.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
Back to the debate.

Thsi is everything that's wrong with this ban;

Sir Mo Farah: Olympic champion criticises Donald Trump's US travel ban

Britain's four-time Olympic gold medallist Sir Mo Farah has criticised US President Donald Trump for imposing an order that leaves him unsure whether he can return to the United States.

Farah, 33, was born in Somalia but has lived in Oregon for the past six years.

Somali nationals are among those banned from travelling to the US under the executive order issued on Friday.

This man is a British citizen, a knight of the realm and a national sporting hero, a multi medal winning Olympian who lives in the US to take advantage of training facilities, and the current ban means he may not be allowed back into the US

If he is solely a British citizen he has no issues.
If he has a dual passport then he has a problem... he doesn't actually say in his statement so I can't work out whether he is just using the sport of athletics to whine, or whether he actually is included.

edit on 29/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Potentially, sure. Realistically? I doubt. I don't agree with this ban on legal immigration and hope it is resolved expediently..like before the 120 days.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Potentially, sure. Realistically? I doubt.

I am pretty sure that is one of the main parts that people are taking issue with, that there is no defined timeline.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

You can name call all you like. It's a calling card for trump supporters isn't it? The facts are however that it's not just the group you identified. It's the whole flippin world that thinks he's crazy. Yes the whole planet is calling his mental health into question.
Yes they are.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

You can name call all you like. It's a calling card for trump supporters isn't it? The facts are however that it's not just the group you identified. It's the whole flippin world that thinks he's crazy. Yes the whole planet is calling his mental health into question.
Yes they are.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
More lies.
The latest poll shows more people in America support the ban than not.
You might like to claim the "whole flippin world" as your ally, but in doing so you sound utterly stupid.
edit on 29/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
DHS will continue to enforce Trump's travel ban

The Department of Homeland Security issued a statement early Sunday saying that they plan on continuing to “enforce all of the president’s executive orders in a manner that ensures the safety and security of the American people.”

The DHS said the court order would not affect the overall implementation of the White House order and the court order affected a small number of travelers who were inconvenienced by security procedures upon their return.

“The president’s executive orders remain in place—prohibited travel will remain prohibited, and the U.S. government retains its right to revoke visas at any time if required for national security or public safety,” the statement said.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
DHS will continue to enforce Trump's travel ban

The Department of Homeland Security issued a statement early Sunday saying that they plan on continuing to “enforce all of the president’s executive orders in a manner that ensures the safety and security of the American people.”

The DHS said the court order would not affect the overall implementation of the White House order and the court order affected a small number of travelers who were inconvenienced by security procedures upon their return.

“The president’s executive orders remain in place—prohibited travel will remain prohibited, and the U.S. government retains its right to revoke visas at any time if required for national security or public safety,” the statement said.

Of course they will, and there is nothing Schumer's buddy judge is going to be able to do about it.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

He was born in Somalia, which is on the list.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join