It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Emergency Stay Granted - Defeat for Trump's Right Wing Agenda

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

He doesn't have too, as long as the laws that has been established are the ones been used

Trump is making up the law as he goes along.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Indigo5

Indigo, you don't get it, because you are blind, the ban in temporarily, get it, TEMPORARILY, until all the damage Obama did to immigration enforcement and laws are back in place

The laws are there they have been there, he is not implementing any new laws.

Stop listening the activist media.

Syrian refugees have been banned indefinitely - that pretty much means forever. And the refugee vetting process is stricter than it's ever been.

[SNIP]
edit on 1/29/2017 by kosmicjack because: removed ill mannered, off topic content

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

What is getting all those that are anti Trump their panties in a bunch is that that Man is doing under the laws already established in the US everything that no other president has done in just over a week in the white house.

Yes: spread chaos and confusion among customs and immigration officials all across the world while demoralizing and polarizing the United States government. (And let's not even look at what's going on in the streets.)

Meanwhile, he has yet to submit a single bill for legislation.

Hahahaha.. demoralizing and polarizing the US govt. Brilliant. So much harmony before.

Chaos and confusion? How come so many people were detained yesterday then? Looks like the policy was implemented very well, hence all the crying.

He does not need to implement that many new bills. Obama's failure to follow the laws of the land leaves Trump a wide open path to make fundamental changes to how the country is managed by executive order for now. Don't worry, the bills are on their way.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Disclaimer,

First of all I am no a lawyer, so no I don't know everything out there, that is why you go to school for law and chose one part of the law that you want to practice and there are many. I do know many lawyers and had worked with some

The judges are only behind two of the visa holders with legit reasons to be in the US.

That is what is all about, but alas, let the activist media spin the merry go around of bashing.

Under laws regarding immigration no visas issuing, anybody that enter the US soil have rights to a hearing base on a legit complain of why they should be allowed into the US, on extreme conditions

That is what the judges are basing their ban, but only on that complain.

edit on 29-1-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Indigo5

Indigo, you don't get it, because you are blind, the ban in temporarily, get it, TEMPORARILY, until all the damage Obama did to immigration enforcement and laws are back in place

The laws are there they have been there, he is not implementing any new laws.

Stop listening the activist media.

Syrian refugees have been banned indefinitely - that pretty much means forever. And the refugee vetting process is stricter than it's ever been.

By the way, your English is terrible - how long have you been in America now?

Wow. Attack her English? WTF!?

Did the administration put out the new vetting guidelines? I've not seen them. Where does it say Syrian refugees are banned?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Where does it say Syrian refugees are banned?

President Trump on Friday continued his crackdown on illegal immigration, signing sweeping new orders that tighten the country’s refugee and visa policies –suspending almost all refugee admissions for four months and indefinitely barring entry for some Syrians. Source

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Ha, ha, yeah, the old baiting on language, actually I speak two languages more than many of you can even try, you English is not that good either.

BTW I guess you have bypassed history, PR is a territory of the US.

They teach that in 4th grade along with the preamble of the constitution.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Some possibly ones with proven terrorist ties? It's not clear what some means.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

That's ok I get that once in while when people do not like that I know more than them when it comes to some issues.

I am used to it.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Some possibly ones with proven terrorist ties? It's not clear what some means.

The Executive Order says all and it is strictly the President's call on who can actually come:

(c) Pursuant to section 212(f) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1182(f), I hereby proclaim that the entry of nationals of Syria as refugees is detrimental to the interests of the United States and thus suspend any such entry until such time as I have determined that sufficient changes have been made to the USRAP to ensure that admission of Syrian refugees is consistent with the national interest.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

It is already passed by congress?, you do know how our political system work, right?

It is not law until congress makes it into law, but existing laws are to be enforced.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

He doesn't have too, as long as the laws that has been established are the ones been used

Trump is making up the law as he goes along.

Did Obama pass any new legislation in his first week?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I can't understand what she's saying most of the time. She's been here long enough to be more fluent - assimilation is important, right?

Read the E.O. Syrian refugees have been banned indefinitely.

The vetting process for refugees was tightened up under the Obama administration after a couple of refugees got in first during Bush's administration in 2006, and one in 2009 - they were charged with planning some stuff. It became much stricter as a result.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Wow. Just wow.
Are you really part of the party that is supposed to be "tolerant"? And supposedly sympathetic to immigrants?
Just wow.

I rarely take advantage of the Mud Pit to call someone out, but I have to tell you...
I have never agreed with most of your posts, but this one post now has made me realize that I will never have one bit of respect for you as a person.

I can't believe that you would not see they hypocrisy of attempting to stick up for immigrants in one sentence and in the next attempt to demean someone for being an immigrant and having what you consider to be inadequate English.

btw - I have always respected and enjoyed Marg's posts. She is very thoughtful and intelligent.

edit on 1/29/17 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

One of the problems in our nation is that our congress has become lazy and fat sitting doing nothing while allowing lobbyist lawyers influence laws while helping write them.

Many bills can take up to a year or more, for that reason, I hope Trump put congress to work like they are supposed to work and keep the lobbyist out of the law making.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The EO also doesn't make reference to an indefinite ban. Also, no time frame. Also nothing about keeping them out via legal immigration should they choose (my preference).

Pretty muddy.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Wow. Just wow.
Are you really part of the party that is supposed to be "tolerant"? And supposedly sympathetic to immigrants?
Just wow.

I rarely take advantage of the Mud Pit to call someone out, but I have to tell you...
I have never agreed with most of your posts, but this one post now has made me realize that I will never have one bit of respect for you as a person.

Best not to take her seriously. She has serious listening deficiencies.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

The EO also doesn't make reference to an indefinite ban. Also, no time frame.

It certainly does, the phrase 'until such time as I have determined' provides no definitive time which is the definition of indefinite.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I'm sorry Kayla but I've never had a problem understanding her posts.

I have, that is why I'm asking you about it. I don't see indefinitely in the ban regarding all Syrian refugees.

Ok, I thought you were implying under Trump.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Snowflakes don't like it when someone isn't PC, huh?

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join