It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Emergency Stay Granted - Defeat for Trump's Right Wing Agenda

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
a reply to: neformore

So more people died from armed toddlers than Islamic terrorists. Ban hardwood floors. Ban buses. Ban Toddlers. Ban the weather. I'm sure Trump will be following up his recent EOs with new ones to address these clearly dangerous issues.

And if President Trump had included banning those things as election promises, it's a pretty safe bet he'd be true to his word and attempt to ban them.

So refreshing...a non-stereotypical, non-political politician who actually does what he promised on the campaign trail...i notice Gitmo is still in full operation btw..

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: DBCowboy

That's dumb, having a visa never means you will be allowed to enter.

Actually, that's exactly what having a visa means.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Without quoting any statistics I bet more Americans have died from gunshot wounds that aren't related to Islamic terrorism in the last twelve months than have died from Islamic terrorism on American soil in total. Why don't those deaths matter? I'm much more concerned that someone has decided they've had enough and will start shooting at the grocery store I'm at than that ISIS is going to get me. And I'm not concerned about either in the slightest.

The 9/11 hijackers were mostly composed of Saudi's. Saudi Arabia was left off the list. The Kingdom of Saud donated millions of dollars to the Clinton Foundation.

This is just a more stringent continuation of a law that Obama passed:

source
The United States today began implementing changes under the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 (the Act). U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) welcomes more than a million passengers arriving to the United States every day and is committed to facilitating legitimate travel while maintaining the highest standards of security and border protection. Under the Act, travelers in the following categories are no longer eligible to travel or be admitted to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP): Nationals of VWP countries who have traveled to or been present in Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria on or after March 1, 2011 (with limited exceptions for travel for diplomatic or military purposes in the service of a VWP country). Nationals of VWP countries who are also nationals of Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria

What Trump has done is slightly more draconian but Obama laid the framework. And they both left Saudi Arabia out - I wonder why?

It's so disheartening to watch so much partisan bull# be hashed out when there's so many legitimate conspiracies going on.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Not only that, but they also have the same beliefs and wont have to assimilate. It is a win win if they go to places where their ideologies are accepted. Don't forget Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

You should read what a visa is.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

You should read what a visa is.

My bad. I see the Patriot Act has rendered visas worthless:

travel.state.gov...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yes. Now, go here to understand why the President answers to the bench. Those pesky checks & balances...Federal Question Jurisdiction

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Blame George bush and 9-11 false flag inside Job for the Patriot act. Many of us have been saying this for years, hence why the whole conspiracy. But does this mean you admit that the Illuminati does exist?

However; if you are waking up; then welcome to the endgame:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
In the mean time, SG Noel Francisco ( Solicitor General, White House Counsel ) is off to the 2nd Circuit ( Appellate Court ).

The very narrow and short term victory for only a hand full ( of foreign nationals ) will soon be overturned.

Just the facts, Ma'am, just the facts.

Buck

Here's the stay.
It only applies to named individuals and 60 John Does.
Everything else is still green lighted.

edit on 29-1-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

From what I understand, Trump didn't follow procedures before implementing his ban. He's supposed to make sure his executive orders our constitutionally legal. This shows he really doesn't have a handle on how government works.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Blame George bush and 9-11 false flag inside Job for the Patriot act. Many of us have been saying this for years, hence why the whole conspiracy. But does this mean you admit that the Illuminati does exist?

I blame George W Bush for being incompetent and pushing a bad agenda. Albert Pike never said any of the things you think he did.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
Stay granted permitting Iraqi refugees to enter US. First defeat to Trump's right wing agenda and you know it won't be the last.

If this was constitutional, the Iraqis would not have been allowed into the US.

Thank you ACLU for filing a timely lawsuit and winning one for reasonable people everywhere.
I don't see how this counts for a huge defeat of some kind. The ones that were already here with valid documentation were allowed to stay. Trump's admin didn't reall think the logistics through and they most likely will in the coming weeks. Wouldn't call that a huge defeat.. but hey if it makes your day a happier one .. you can perceive it any way you wish.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: Willtell

Nor does the EO, in general.

Merely those from active warzones on account of the rampant terror in Europe that mysteriously began when the migrants began to appear.

Yeah its called a FALSE FLAG like 911

Alright then, but to what ends?

You don’t have the time to be schooled in this dark mystery of evil.

What I will say is that A covert OPERATION TO DESTABILIZE THES VERY SAME 7 COUNTRIES HAS BEEN GOING ON SINCE 911.

[yvid]
[/yvid]

You think that’s a coincidence?

And its the same operation to destabilize America..yet you loved it..
And want to house all the people from those countries??

Why not protest the military and all they have done.

I really think you have no idea of what it takes to reroute a country..but Trump is doing it in a very nice logicl order ...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

No, is no, is a permit subject to be rejected at anytime and at the discretion of the costumes and immigration agents and the government under the established laws review after 9/11 by congress.

Everything Trump is doing is legal, under congressional established laws and within his rights to do.

edit on 29-1-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

At least you should post who froze the order and why.

As of this AM multiple federal judges in multiple states MA, NY, VA to name few off the of my head.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

They are within the law, I suggest you read the laws established by congress under immigration in the US and the issuing of visas.

Get your facts straight

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

None of those judges have any darn jurisdiction over Congress established laws, they are full of crap.

America is a nation of laws and congress establishes the laws.

Get your fact straight.

All the information about the law and congress was posted in the beginning of the thread.

edit on 29-1-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Indigo5

None of those judges have any darn jurisdiction over Congress established laws, they are full of crap.

America is a nation of laws and congress establishes the laws.

Get your fact straight.

All the information about the law and congress was posted in the beginning of the thread.

It seems some liberals are happy for judges to abuse their position and the laws of the land - as long as they agree with their views.

Bottom line is that the bans are fully in place, and the President is within the law and not abusing his position in any way.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: AboveBoard

In the link you posted:
The court’s stay is temporary and only affects people currently detained and those in transit — the court can’t rule on the overarching constitutionality of the executive order, just rule to preserve the status quo. It’s clear that the White House will argue to have the executive order reinstated as soon as possible while it fights to show the ban is constitutional.

This will go largely ignored in order to pretend some sort of win,again. Its pretty similar to how they behaved during the elections.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSun, 29 Jan 2017 08:50:02 -06001720171America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join