It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Emergency Stay Granted - Defeat for Trump's Right Wing Agenda

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
Yes, it's not over pending legal briefs in February. But this stops the right wing hate in its tracks right now.

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

The EO has been frozen. I don't think this is anywhere close to being over. Our President is insane.

One persons 'right wing hate' is another's sensible immigration policy.

Something the screaming militant left wing has forgotten lately, right along with the concept of democracy.

Incidentally, a 'stay' is exactly what it sounds like - a temporary halt to allow time for legal arguments and motions...it certainly does NOT equal 'defeat' either in law or common language.

edit on 29 1 2017 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Understandable, and you're exactly right. Meanwhile, people are given handouts for not working at all, while the hardworking taxpayers who are shouldering the burden are suffering under the weight of it all.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You described my situation to a T. Also, on the larger scale are the insurance companies, gov't subsidies and pharma/healthcare investors. Off topic but still worth a mention.

I just want to see our people taken care of in a proper fashion before preferential treatment continues any longer for people who seek entrance to our country free from the traditional, already in place, immigration standards.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

That's probably the concern for millions of Americans. It's the main reason Trump was voted in.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard
Hysterically laughing here. he was not suppose to say that at all, and she showed it with her face. Nice catch.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: jappee

It's too good. I can't help but to keep watching it over and over.

Check this out, It's on a Supreme Court ruling making citizens eligible for a warrantless police search of laptops and electronics. I read some where they were doing this exact thing. guess where all of these ports of entry are? And the guy who's policy this is?

US Federal District Judge Edward Korman, has reaffirmed an Obama admin policy that grants officials the authority to search Americans’ laptops and other electronics without a warrant, citing a controversial premise that makes citizens within 100 miles of the border eligible for a warrantless police search.

www.truthandaction.org...

Official home land security release about the EO and judicial orders..

www.dhs.gov...#

edit on 29-1-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Some averages from the past 10 years;
(please note, for the factually challenged/illiterate and/or innumerate and/or Trump supporters in denial or those who just want to scream "fake news" that's 10 years. Its 2017, do the maths.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

So more people died from armed toddlers than Islamic terrorists. Ban hardwood floors. Ban buses. Ban Toddlers. Ban the weather. I'm sure Trump will be following up his recent EOs with new ones to address these clearly dangerous issues.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Good stuff. President Trump is causing the government to adapt to his schedule. Sleep 4 hours and then WORK daily.. 6 days a week.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Who's going say that these terrorists aren't recruiters, and directly caused Orlando, Boston and the other attacks by signing up the shooters and bombers. You really think that they are going to go through the effort of sending in each bomber or shooter one at a time?? No, what you do is send in a recruiter to get new people to do the work for you. One person can make many. These people (terrorists of any organization) aren't stupid.
edit on 29-1-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2017 by PlasticWizard because: Wording

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

You don't think that's a mighty small lens to view the problem through?

link   

You have no idea how terrorism propaganda works, do you?

ISIS would claim an eggy fart in a lift if it furthered their cause, which is to make people think they are more widespread than they actually are.

Learn from President Trump because he's really good at this - anyone can say anything on the internet these days and a whole heard of people will believe it, whether its true or not.

link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion a reply to: neformore So more people died from armed toddlers than Islamic terrorists. Ban hardwood floors. Ban buses. Ban Toddlers. Ban the weather. I'm sure Trump will be following up his recent EOs with new ones to address these clearly dangerous issues.

Yes, because bathtubs and toddlers plot attacks to massacre innocents.
edit on 29-1-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

No, because it generally deals with now.

I mean, you could go back further if you wanted, but remember that you'd only be talking about terror attacks on US citizens - throw 9/11 and a whole host of smaller things in there and you are still likely to be 8,000 short of the amount of times Americans have shot each other in a ten year period, and don't forget that the other stats will increase too.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Could you post the source of that table?

I've not found that number. Depending on the source I've found 24-100's. Also the comparisons are kinda of silly, you have to admit.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Here....maybe this will help you - it goes back to '95

www.start.umd.edu...

If you google the title of the image I posted, you'll find it, along with other interesting actual facts.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Their brains are developing at a rapid rate at that age. You can't trust those cute little demons. The bib, the bottle.. those cheeky smiles? All distractions. Watch that .45 on tucked in his diaper. Watch it.
edit on 29-1-2017 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Nice try at swinging it, but its about numbers of, not motive.

Take the hysteria out and think rationally, or maybe apply the same argument gun nuts use when a spree killing happens and ask yourself why these small numbers are being pushed out as a massive issue.

Or, don't do anything. I don't really care how you interpret it all. The numbers speak for themselves really.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Inaccuracies.
See what I mean? That was the first site I found. That in no way correlates with your graphic above.

Even this one gives different numbers.
www.newamerica.org...-layered-defenses

If you look at the source I provided, you will see the rise, not fall, of this issue. Do you think it should be ignored?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
Hillary Clinton, who has been mostly quiet since she lost, is putting her 2 cents in on the immigration issue.

Hillary Clinton ‏@HillaryClinton 7m7 minutes ago More I stand with the people gathered across the country tonight defending our values & our Constitution. This is not who we are.

"defending our values & our Constitution"

Nice to see her stand with the President.

Oh wait...

She might consider keeping her head down for a little while longer... Like the rest of her life... She keeps opening her loser mouth, Trump just might decide to give a little boost to the progress of some investigations...

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join