It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Emergency Stay Granted - Defeat for Trump's Right Wing Agenda

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
Again, if this was completely constitutional, the request for stay would have been denied. On its face, it violates the equal protection clause. It will be shot down in February and Trump needs to sit the F down and STFU.

originally posted by: DBCowboy
A federal judge has granted a temporary stay to allow detainees with valid visas to stay in the US.

I'm not seeing it as a repudiation of Trump's EO.

But it is a challenge.

No, he needs to keep doing stuff.

America already had a President who sat around and did nothing while the lunatics he appointed to his cabinet ran the show. Bad 8 years that was.
edit on -060008pm1kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

The EO has been frozen. I don't think this is anywhere close to being over. Our President is insane.

Yes, he is.

In government you have to play by the rules. He thinks he is above the rules.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Russia is waiting for your immigration papers if you support these tyrannical laws.

originally posted by: Ohanka

Again, if this was completely constitutional, the request for stay would have been denied. On its face, it violates the equal protection clause. It will be shot down in February and Trump needs to sit the F down and STFU.

A federal judge has granted a temporary stay to allow detainees with valid visas to stay in the US.

But it is a challenge.

No, he needs to keep doing stuff.

America already had a President who sat around and did nothing while the lunatics he appointed to his cabinet ran the show. Bad 8 years that was.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
np theres an easier way to do this anyway. you just disinsensitive refugees from coming here in the first place.

link   

But it is a challenge.

Uh, ok. I still don't believe you. But enjoy the "temporary" stay.

+7 more 
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

In the link you posted:

The court’s stay is temporary and only affects people currently detained and those in transit — the court can’t rule on the overarching constitutionality of the executive order, just rule to preserve the status quo. It’s clear that the White House will argue to have the executive order reinstated as soon as possible while it fights to show the ban is constitutional.

link   
This will go viral !!

here's some quotes from one "source"...

The court specifically ruled on Darweesh and Alshawi’s petition; the ACLU will have to include all other similarly-affected immigrants as part of a class action to have it apply more broadly.

The court’s stay is temporary and only affects people currently detained and those in transit — the court can’t rule on the overarching constitutionality of the executive order, just rule to preserve the status quo.

Must be just "existing" visas.

Helps people stuck in Limbo.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

iraq is under our jurisdiction? thats kind of interesting.

link   

I don't want to live in Russia. Their diet consists of vodka and turnips.

What tyrannical laws?

+5 more 
link   
a reply to: Annee

He didn't exactly set the precedent on thinking he is above the law. He has had plenty of guidance over the last couple decades.

link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

Apparently so. Who knew?

link   

But it is a challenge.

NONE OF US wins 100% of the time. President Trump understands, because he has not succeeded 100% of the time. It's NORMAL.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
a reply to: Annee

He didn't exactly set the precedent on thinking he is above the law. He has had plenty of guidance over the last couple decades.

Guidance?

"Hey, Lawyers - - come clean up my mess".

+13 more 
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Kali74

The EO has been frozen. I don't think this is anywhere close to being over. Our President is insane.

Yes, he is.

In government you have to play by the rules. He thinks he is above the rules.

He is within the rules, I don't see this as being over.

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate

www.vox.com...

www.gpo.gov...
edit on 28-1-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: xuenchen
So anybody who was approved travel and entry Before the EO had a case to be heard and allowed in?

link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
a reply to: Ohanka

iraq is under our jurisdiction? thats kind of interesting.

Yeah. I think I want to make a world map showing the occupation as it stands today.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This is good, but a little late, in my opinion.

Was just reading about a family of Syrian Christians that had worked for 15 years to get the ability to join their family in the US, but had to either give up their visas or go back home due to this EO.

So they went back home.

I thought this was supposed to stop the radical Islamists, not the Christians fleeing war.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 28-1-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
link   
Okay. I just heard the clarification. Only those that just landed in the US with valid visas have been granted a temporary stay.

The EO itself is not in jeopardy with this federal judge's granting of this temp. stay.

link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

That would be interesting and you might get labeled as a t(ou)errorist.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
.....Links? Info? Source? something?

I dont know that random "information" and a hastily strung together "paragraph" with no context really counts as a thread......

What are you talking about?

Here's one: Federal court halts Trump’s immigration ban

www.theverge.com...

Now, if they do get a stay and a terrorist gets in and goes on to kill a lot of people during the time after this stay was active, is that Judge, the local court, and the ALCU liable to be sued by the survivors or kin of the terrorist action? I think they should be myself, independent of any political affiliation. Their actions could get people killed in this country. Now I do not know how Rich that district is but this is nothing more than a judges opinion at this point which is in contrast to the opinion of the presidential administration. There was also a previous law that was voted on and approved by congress. It is almost the same as this one Trump did. It is on another thread I commented on.

I am just asking a question.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join