It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Emergency Stay Granted - Defeat for Trump's Right Wing Agenda

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: D8Tee

You know what the sad part is? People are surprised that a President is keeping his campaign promises. This should be the rule and not the exception.

And....people are still pissed off,go figure.

Americans have been victims for so long, they don't realize that the door to their jail cell has been unlocked, thanks to Donald Trump.

Victims of what?

Now that we have a President with integrity...

Do what I want - - - have my lawyers clean it up - - - is not a person of integrity.

(post by EyeKyu removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by Annee removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but, if in fact it has been frozen and immigrants start coming in, what kind of statement would it make if there was a terrorist attack? I wouldn't be shocked if there was one.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Really?

I guess I can understand that point of view. Vindication, and stuff.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Can't the refugees just go to the EU? I hear it's open doors there and no one cares.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
Can't the refugees just go to the EU? I hear it's open doors there and no one cares.

They do.

Some stay and some are dispersed around the globe.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Please no more. They're not welcome.
edit on -060011pm1kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

In trump world, a man of no morals is a man of integrity. It is unbelievable.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This is great.

Gives the left a bit of blood and shows that his craziness has checks and balances.

Perhaps a step towards unity.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Unity through division and pointless obstructionism? I doubt it.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
a reply to: Annee

In trump world, a man of no morals is a man of integrity. It is unbelievable.

Oh, I know.

And I'm not new to Trump. I used to listen to Howard Stern some 20 years ago when Trump was a regular.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Taken out of context Bible verses are just as menacing. No they don't want all non-muslims killed.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
Have you right wingers thought about this. A Trump presidency is in the progress of making an organization become one of the most power groups in this country..........the ACLU. They are currently amassing a fortune right now and will file a lawsuit every time Trump encroaches on the Constitution.

There going to lose this fight which diminishes there ability. See they have selective memories every president since Carter has used this. Yes even Obama did a 6 month ban on Iraqi refugees. But people have short memories and forget this is set up for the president in the Constitution. He had the right to set up restrictions on imagration. And by the way the judge put a hold on deporting them. But if they are released since he can indeed hold them it's up to Trump. I suspect he will release all from detention but I could be wrong he may decide some of them will continue to be held.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
Haha Trump supporters are in meltdown mode. I can tell by their style of writing. There seems to be a accompaniment of anxiety to their posts as they scramble to find the credibility of the article. Fun to watch.

I especially enjoyed the comment where one of them tried to make it sound like the stay was really Trump's idea...he just didn't want to make a fuss after the JFK airport drama so he decided to pretend to have his EO overridden to appease the protesters and allow the detainees to enter the country. Never mind that such an absurd excuse only serves to make him look worse; what...he's too scared to stand by his own EO and so he gets some of his people to pretend to thwart him instead?

Yeah...might need to tweak that spin a bit better so he doesn't look like either a total coward or a helpless victim who can't keep his own administration in check. Either way though, it was quite amusing to read.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

True, under the Obama administration with the support of the Republican Congress, stopped the processing of Iraqi refugees for 6 months. But this wasn't an all out ban on immigration from Iraq, it wasn't a ban on those Iraqis who already had legal Visas. It was also a reaction when two Iraqi refugees admitted to attacking US soldiers.

This action, EO by Trump, is not the same case. 10,000 Iraqi refugees were eventually allowed to move to the US. Trump has permanently stopped refugees from Syria.
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Still conflating the ban on "nationals of countries of particular concern" with Muslims? That sounds fairly racist.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Which part has something to do with race?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join