It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Emergency Stay Granted - Defeat for Trump's Right Wing Agenda

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

This is becoming funny.

Yep!

The ACLU, which had filed the challenge on behalf of the two men, contended that the stay applied nationally to all cases, but that was not clear from the ruling. ABC News was attempting to clarify whether that was the case.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Understood. I'm all for checks and balances so I see this as a non issue. They are already here or on their way, the ones to whom this decision apply. That is fine and I can emphasize.

I'm curious..very curious to what the administration is going to do going forward as far as vetting. If money is going to be spent, spend it on folks to go over there and aid these people and get them armed with the proper knowledge to legally enter the U.S.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Throes

Was a joke huh.
Yeah so were the protesters of the Vietnam war. At first. Then Nixon had to deal with a new protest every day and with every protest people got madder and madder at his inaction. There were so many demonstrations that he was forced to act.

And Saturdays March which wasn't a joke was bigger than any Vietnam protest. And the demonstrations are not going to stop. He's going to have to deal with us. Every time he violates the constitution. We will be there to challenge him.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You're ok with calling it fear because what has happened and is happening around the globe is not happening here

I call it fear because it is a reaction based on what could happen. Like banning firearms because we could get shot, or banning Christians because they could blow up an abortion clinic.

Others seek to keep it from happening here.

Because they are scared and politically-indoctrinated.

Do you lock your doors at night? Your vehicle? Abstract from yourself, do businesses keep their doors open after close?

That is personal property. The US is not personal property and was founded on the idea that we welcome the "huddled masses" to grant liberty to those that may not be able to find it elsewhere.

Your argument, in and of itself, is a false equivalency.
edit on 28-1-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Kuroodo

It's national.

In transit.

It will all over with by Monday.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The EO has been stayed for 120 days. So it can be reviewed.

link   

originally posted by: Throes
Maybe supplying weapons to Syrian rebels in the region for the past eight years wasn't such a great idea. But no one was out marching in the streets about the consequences of such actions. Those consequences being that we armed terrorists and further destabilized the entire region.

Now Trump gets elected and takes a stand to do what he can from letting terrorists into the country.

Interesting times indeed.

And you have to add in the fact that Obama made sure Iran got that $1.7 billion even if he had to send it to them in CASH laundered through Swiss banks, loaded on pallets, and handed directly to Iranian operatives.

Oh, and didn't Obama send the Palestinian Authority $225,000,000 just hours before he left office, funds the GOP members of Congress had been blocking. That's not suspicious at all!
edit on 28-1-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

link   

I'm curious..very curious to what the administration is going to do going forward as far as vetting. If money is going to be spent, spend it on folks to go over there and aid these people and get them armed with the proper knowledge to legally enter the U.S.

I have no idea.

Unless they add Pakistan,Saudi Arabia,Qatar,UAE, and the rest it's useless.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: JinMI

We shut the door were there is an actual or strongly perceived threat.

Keyword: "perceived".

Again, it's a defensive reaction made out of fear by those that have been duped in to believing people of a certain region, or perhaps religion, are going to steal their babies, bomb everyone else and instill Sharia Law.

Scared, limp-wristed governance.

Again, I don't like the fact that this halts LEGAL immigration

Then you should oppose it. Period.

So perceived means we should ignore history or habit? Stealing babies? That's a new one by me.

You think is should oppose it, but this is temporary and I half agree with it. Period.period.period.question mark.

Would you support a ban on firearms because of their history or their specific purpose?

Even if temporary?

Fully automatic weapons are already effectively banned for most people.

No they are not. You have to jump through an extra hoop or two.

In relation to this current issue, the hoops are being temporarily taken away because of politics and fear.

You cannot buy a NEW fully automatic weapon, it has to be from before 1986, and the prices on the existing ones left in circulation are huge. Yes you are correct, you can still get one however, It's more than a simple hoop or two.

So like I said, you can but a fully-auto firearm.

link   

Schumer, the high-profile Democratic Senator, is a family friend of the judge, Ann Donnelly, according to the Brooklyn Daily Eagle.

“Donnelly was nominated to be a federal judge by President Barack Obama on the recommendation of Sen. Charles Schumer,” reported the Brooklyn Eagle.

According to the Brooklyn Daily Eagle, when Donnelly was sworn in to the federal bench, Schumer spoke at her oath of office and said: “described himself as a family friend of the Donnelly’s and noted that his daughter played basketball with one of Donnelly’s daughters at St. Savior.”

source

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
This is becoming funny.

The people held are still held, just can't be deported.
Lawyers will have to go back to court to get detainees released.
Order does not apply to any future arrivals.

I wouldn't be surprised if even this step gets overturned.

You got it.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

No it has not been stayed for 120 days.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Throes

Was a joke huh.
Yeah so were the protesters of the Vietnam war. At first. Then Nixon had to deal with a new protest every day and with every protest people got madder and madder at his inaction. There were so many demonstrations that he was forced to act.

And Saturdays March which wasn't a joke was bigger than any Vietnam protest. And the demonstrations are not going to stop. He's going to have to deal with us. Every time he violates the constitution. We will be there to challenge him.

It was a big time joke. Yes, we all have to deal with cry babies every now and then.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Wrong.
The EO has not been touched.

The stay is for those that were in transit and arrived today. Even those are not allowed into the country and will remain in detention unless a further legal ruling is made.

All visas going forward are cancelled.

The bans remain.

I think some on the left have got a bit over excited.

edit on 28/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   

Did Donald Trump become President in September? His inauguration was only 9 days ago.

This bizarre statement isn't true.

link   
a reply to: introvert

I call it fear because it is a reaction based on what could happen. Like banning firearms because we could get shot, or banning Christians because they could blow up an abortion clinic.

Without consulting the fact machine, when was the last terrorist attack? The last Christian abortion bombing? Then finally the last shooting? Now (citations probably required), how many laws and bans exist in prevention of each?

That is personal property. The US is not personal property and was founded on the idea that we welcome the "huddled masses" to grant liberty to those that may not be able to find it elsewhere.

That, in and of itself, is a false equivalency.

It is not false equivalency because you are attempting to use fear as someone elses motivations but can't deny that you utilize the same tactic in your daily life, as do I and just about everyone else.

link   

originally posted by: JinMI

We shut the door were there is an actual or strongly perceived threat.

Keyword: "perceived".

Again, it's a defensive reaction made out of fear by those that have been duped in to believing people of a certain region, or perhaps religion, are going to steal their babies, bomb everyone else and instill Sharia Law.

Scared, limp-wristed governance.

Again, I don't like the fact that this halts LEGAL immigration

Then you should oppose it. Period.

So perceived means we should ignore history or habit? Stealing babies? That's a new one by me.

You think is should oppose it, but this is temporary and I half agree with it. Period.period.period.question mark.

Would you support a ban on firearms because of their history or their specific purpose?

Even if temporary?

Fully automatic weapons are already effectively banned for most people.

No they are not. You have to jump through an extra hoop or two.

In relation to this current issue, the hoops are being temporarily taken away because of politics and fear.

You cannot buy a NEW fully automatic weapon, it has to be from before 1986, and the prices on the existing ones left in circulation are huge. Yes you are correct, you can still get one however, It's more than a simple hoop or two.

So like I said, you can but a fully-auto firearm.

Yes, I was aware of this. Thats why I said effectively banned for most people.

link   
a reply to: marg6043

Like with the Russians and the last election.?
This is not a dem bashing thread. Go start yet another one of those if you must but this is about the EO that trump signed and it's unconstitutionality.

link   

originally posted by: neo96

I have no idea.

Unless they add Pakistan,Saudi Arabia,Qatar,UAE, and the rest it's useless.

Agreed!

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Oh look. That lie again.

The EO isn't unconstitutional as has been demonstrated, multiple times I might add, in this very thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join