It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump - His First Weekly Address To The Nation - WHAT A WEEK.!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Hide under his desk in the Oval Office.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AttentionGrabber
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

It's interesting that Americans have been lied to so long by politicians, that they're unable to appreciate when someone with integrity comes along. Someone who actually does what he campaigned on.
edit on Sun Jan 29 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
His accomplishments and leadership this past week have been, overall, extremely gratifying.

The first time his press secretary spoke it was just a whine because the press reported accurately the numbers at Trump's inauguration, then ran away and refused to take questions.

Also in the first week it was shown Trump is obsessed that Obama had more people at his inauguration that Trump did.

That is certainly not showing leadership! It shows Trump is just a snowflake that gets very easily triggered.
edit on 28-1-2017 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

when someone with integrity comes along. Someone who actually does what he campaigned on.

He does not actually do that, we are still waiting for his tax returns like he promised....

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I have always been more pro Trump than the former, and all I can say so far is wow... This, so far, is unprecedented.... Not just the fact that he is actually doing what he said he would, but with the sheer speed and determination in which he does it.. I do not care what side of the spectrum you are on, even the left, you HAVE to be saying in your head.. (WTF?!)

This man, whether he turns out to be Satan himself or not in the end, is a STRONG leader thus far. I am amazed and optimistic more than ever before. Maybe it is all a psyop, we will never know until the end, but he is a much better choice then we could have ever imagined, so far. Like Mcdonalds.... I am lovin it.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

I have always been more pro Trump than the former, and all I can say so far is wow... This, so far, is unprecedented.... Not just the fact that he is actually doing what he said he would, but with the sheer speed and determination in which he does it.. I do not care what side of the spectrum you are on, even the left, you HAVE to be saying in your head.. (WTF?!)

This man, whether he turns out to be Satan himself or not in the end, is a STRONG leader thus far. I am amazed and optimistic more than ever before. Maybe it is all a psyop, we will never know until the end, but he is a much better choice then we could have ever imagined, so far. Like Mcdonalds.... I am lovin it.

NO. He is not a strong leader.

Government has rules. He thinks he is above them.

Doing what he wants with no regard to how government works is NOT a strong leader. Its just arrogance.

edit on 28-1-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It is so refreshing to me to hear a short, concise statement from our POTUS.

Trump seems more about actions then rhetoric, not referring to what HE has done, but rather talking about what America is doing, without rambling for an hour about how great he is.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Saturday, January 28, 2017

As of 12pm today (EST), President Donald J. Trump has completed 7 full days in office. Here is his video address, along with a transcript.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Considering that President Trump has held no political/government office or position before, I think he's adapting and learning marvelously.

He's failing at strategy - other countries now playing hardball with us.

He announced the wall, and said Mexico would pay for it... now he wants us to pay for it ourselves with a 20% tariff on goods from Mexico (including vegetables since they're the largest supplier of vegetables to America.)

He's ignored the wishes of Native Americans and ordered DAPL to proceed - and he has a very vested financial interest in the pipeline.

His badly-worded "Muslim ban" has stranded people at airports, separated families, caused legal immigrants to be held in detention, and sparked demonstrations at airports that are disrupting travel. His ill-thought out ban has stranded legitimate workers for American companies who were here on Green Cards or visas (including some high tech workers and scientists), making it impossible for them to return to the American companies that had hired them. It also stranded people who worked for the US in Afghanistan and were granted entry into the US thanks to their service of our troops.

His badly worded "Muslim ban" does NOT include countries where he has a financial stake, interestingly enough.

He takes credit for jobs that he did not create.

He appointed his son-in-law as chief adviser.

His heavy-handed policies have caused revolt in several departments under his administration and there's a lot of staff leaks.

He's using an unsecured Android phone. He and his staff are using a private email server.

He still hasn't divested himself of his companies. He still hasn't released his taxes.

He triggered the largest demonstration the world has ever had against him and his policies. There is a second one in the planning stages for April 15th, to demand that he release his taxes.

Mayors are rebelling against his policies.

Although his transition team has supposedly been working for over two months, there's still 680 government positions he hasn't filled, including many diplomatic positions.

In short, he's been doing victory laps, raising a ruckus about illegal votes, raising a ruckus about crowd size, and taking credit for a lot of things that he had very little impact on rather than creating a solid transition plan, filling key diplomatic positions, and creating policy that unites rather than divides.

Lawyers and judges are filing motions against a lot of the things he did. This time I don't think he can pretend the lawsuits don't exist (as he did with his business lawsuits) and wait for them to go away.

(editing to add that he's still sending out his misspelled tweets, most recently flaming the Washington Post and the New York Times (here's his tweet) and then falsely saying that the Times issued an apology to their readers. I would seriously like a leader who spends more time reading CIA intelligence reports and less time mistyping flame wars on Twitter. BTW, his tweets have also aggravated China, and they are starting to move military ordinance into positions that are interpreted as more aggressive. I seriously want a leader who does NOT get us into wars.)

I can't think of a single president who has so divided the country in their first week in office.

edit on 29-1-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Now you are giving advice? Last post you were asking.

It's interesting that Americans have been lied to so long by politicians, that they're unable to appreciate when someone with integrity comes along. Someone who actually does what he campaigned on.

Given that he stiffed contractors constantly, walked back on a number of statements, lied outright about the number of people at his inauguration - and so forth, I don't see how you can say he has integrity. Integrity would be treating the people you hire fairly, reporting data correctly, and being consistent with your word.

I don't like the revised, political version of "integrity." I like the old one where someone who cheats others and constantly changes their tune is seen as untrustworthy and of no integrity.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Like he said, when the audit is done.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
By adapting and learning do you mean talking things Bannon and Pence want and making EO out of it instead of going congress?

He had to the gall to say he is doing things with intelligence? While also lying about "sanctuary" cities?

If Trump exercises powers not reserved for him, then I suspect it'll end up in court. Otherwise, as the Chief Executive, he is granted broad latitude in determining operational procedures. Its not up to Congress to determine how he runs his show, so long as its within the confines of the stage they designed.

The Executive Orders have been establishing operational guideline. Not law. Its silly lip service that partisans like to throw at each other as empty insults. The reality is: he is doing his job. Congress has passed the laws, now he is determining how those laws are to be enforced.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Given that he stiffed contractors constantly, walked back on a number of statements, lied outright about the number of people at his inauguration - and so forth, I don't see how you can say he has integrity. Integrity would be treating the people you hire fairly, reporting data correctly, and being consistent with your word.

I don't like the revised, political version of "integrity." I like the old one where someone who cheats others and constantly changes their tune is seen as untrustworthy and of no integrity.

RE: the ridiculous inauguration crowd silliness that keeps coming up....proof. I see pictures that apparently aren't even the same time of day. I see the officials in charge of that space stating they do not do crowd counts. So whoever is right should prove it or drop it. Because its just so far beneath us, as a nation, to worry about.

RE: constantly changing their tune....you may have missed that every single person in DC has flipped and flopped. Filibustering appointees is a great example. THey both do it to each other, then complain about how unconstitutional it is when its done against them. You can find clips from everyone in DC where they change their tune to create the soundbite initially. Even if they are called on it, they don't care. Because the first soundbite is the "truth", regardless of the truth. Retractions don't matter, and they know that. Its why every last one of them will lie to you.

The blame for Trump, if AntiTrump people want the truth, lays squarely on the DNC. They shoe horned Hillary onto a ticket using fraudulent means, and displaced the candidate who would have mopped the floor with Trump in the General Election. So i get what you mean about dirty underhanded tactics like Trump has used in the past. It was those same dirty underhanded tactics that got him elected....but it was the DNC that was using them.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
All of the political bs happening... im just glad no one has called trump the antichrist yet lol

-Lemons

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I wonder what we'd be saying after Hillary's first week in office?

"Help"

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Byrd

RE: the ridiculous inauguration crowd silliness that keeps coming up....proof. I see pictures that apparently aren't even the same time of day. I see the officials in charge of that space stating they do not do crowd counts. So whoever is right should prove it or drop it. Because its just so far beneath us, as a nation, to worry about.

Quite true. And the Washington Monument Webcam archival footage, unaffected by partisanship or political agenda settles the matter.

RE: constantly changing their tune....you may have missed that every single person in DC has flipped and flopped. Filibustering appointees is a great example.

This goes beyond that. This is the "release taxes"...and then not. The "divest of financial interest" ...and then does not and refuses to show any proof.

They shoe horned Hillary...

This is no longer about Hillary. This strictly about the actions of the man that the majority of voters voted AGAINST as President and about the time when he was in transition and his first week of power. Hillary is offstage, gone, goodbye.

Today he's tweeting about the NYTimes being fake news (their lead stories today involve Judges putting in a legal stop to Trump's Executive Order - I wonder what he thinks is a lie about that) and about airport protests. Then he tweets that "Christians in the Middle-East have been executed in large numbers. We cannot allow this horror to continue!" - apparently he's not reading the intelligence briefings that show greater persecution of Christians in India and Southeast Asia and the persecution of Christians by other Christians in Africa, and he's certainly not reading about Christians in the Middle East who live in the countries he's banning since his policies are turning back Christian Syrians like this familly.

I think this is a result of his refusing briefings (staff leaks also say he has a short attention span and keeps watching Twitter and flipping tv channels to see news about himself.)

BTW, I've noticed that there's now a number of rogue White House twitter accounts. This one has seemed reasonably likely to be the real thing (particularly noting the timing of the statements and how close the tweets are to an actual action or tweet by Trump-- though I'm still somewhat skeptical. The interesting idea of rogue accounts as citizen/hacktivest protest is academically intriguing but the activism is too new to determine how much is genuine and how much is hoax.

edit on 29-1-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join