It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypocrisy of the left on Muslim ban - democrats supported it in 2015

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

The bill that was passed in 2015 was a ban on those traveling WITHOUT visas into the US. What's happening today is a ban on travel The bill that was passed in 2015 was a ban on those traveling WITHOUT visas into the US. What's happening today is a ban on travel irregardless of any LEGAL visas priorly obtained.

Did you mean "regardless" ?

Those visas that now carry the ban [restriction?] were given during the previous government, yes, under the Obama administration. In the eyes/regime of the new government under Trump, these visas were granted under a different set of criteria but they are now deemed unacceptable in the current, new context. Yes, in times of changes, whether political, social or economic, there will be collateral damage inevitably. One should learn to adapt accordingly; this is the hallmark of humanity: resilience and adaptability. Any anthropologist will tell one that it is the bedrock of culture, for culture is man's adaptive system.

You may not be aware of this: cigarettes and chewing gum, etc are not to be taken into Singapore as they are considered restricted items. At one time, men sporting long were not allowed to enter Singapore. Either you accepted a haircut at the airport (or other immigration point), offered gratis by the Singaporean govt, or you'd have to take the next flight out of the country. Kitaro, the well-known Japanese musician, was denied entry in this way. Instead of screaming hell or started kicking up a fuss and running a campaign to counter it, he accepted the restriction quietly and took the next flight out!!

I am not for or against bans or restrictions. And no, I am not Singaporean and neither do I live in Singapore. But if the temporary or 3-month "ban" of President Trump happens to me, I'll also learn to adapt to the changes accordingly, just like water, when obstructed, will find ways and means to circumvent and/or adapt to the obstacle. That was what the Tao sage, Laozi, intuited re the innate power of water in the days of ol'.

Here's an article that addresses the "ban" issue in clearer and fairer perspective:

"Muslim ban" narrative unravels... here's what they aren't telling you:
www.naturalnews.com...

edit on Janpm17 11 20 by Rextiberius because: correction of errors

edit on Janpm17 11 20 by Rextiberius because: punctuation error

edit on Janpm17 11 20 by Rextiberius because: alteration

edit on Janpm17 11 20 by Rextiberius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Rextiberius

Thanks for the reply and the correction - I did mean "regardless"!

I agree that the countries affected by the ban were due to Obama administration. What I'm pointing out is that this weekend's EO is very different in execution. In 2011, the ban applied only to refugees, who do not travel with normal visas but follow a different process to enter our country. With Trump's ban, the ban is widespread and applies to all travelers who are citizens of those 7 countries, even if they have visas or other legal documentation to enter.

I get why people are angry, it's very disruptive to families, students and workers that may have had plans for school, jobs or other travel in the states. I'm pointing out, it's a very different policy, vs resettling refugees in 2011.

BTW, I never did use the term "Muslim Ban" in my previous comments, but since you bring it up:
Trump is renaming the Countering Violent Extremism Program to "Countering Islamic Extremism" program. When the 3 month ban is up, I wonder if people from those predominantly Muslim countries will still feel welcome, or will they be treated as less-than...

Adapting to change makes you resilient, I completely agree with you there. But, it's much easier to change chewing gum or a hairstyle than where you come from or your religious belief.

Thanks for the discussion Rex.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Rextiberius

I see Natural News has given up all pretense to being either. Of course, they stand to benefit if the FDA is eliminated, so....

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join