It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypocrisy of the left on Muslim ban - democrats supported it in 2015

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The engineering departments in North American universities are filled with Iranians stealing American technologies to Iran. Their visas should be revoked and these thieves deported back to Iran.
edit on 29-1-2017 by sasadude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

Let me see. If the US is at war with China, would any Chinese be admitted to the US as immigrants? The law is one thing. Common sense is another. If the law is insufficient for dealing with an emergency situation, then common sense will prevail.
edit on 29-1-2017 by sasadude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: sasadude

The policies of the Democrats these past 8 years have left a hell of a mess for Donald Trump to clean up!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
America is currently at war with Islamic State. Islamic State has compromised Syria, Iraq, Libya, Yemen. If I were the American president, I would suspend issue of visas to anyone who currently reside in these countries.

One thing I don't get is Iran. Iran has no Islamic State yet Donald Trump suspended Iran.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: sasadude
America is currently at war with Islamic State. Islamic State has compromised Syria, Iraq, Libya, Yemen. If I were the American president, I would suspend issue of visas to anyone who currently reside in these countries.

One thing I don't get is Iran. Iran has no Islamic State yet Donald Trump suspended Iran.

All 7 named nations were marked for various reasons by the last administration.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Iran is labeled as a state sponsor of terror. Also their are no diplomatic relations between the US and Iran.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Actually, Shia are by definition not jihadists since they follow the teachings and Muhammad and Ali. Iran is a crucial ally against jihadists.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

The USA is not at war with Sudan. Sudanese citizens have killed exactly ZERO Americans in America since 1975.

The USA is not at war with Libya. Libyan citizens have killed exactly ZERO Americans in America since 1975.

The USA is not at war with Syria. Syrian citizens have killed exactly ZERO Americans in America since 1975.

The USA is not at war with Yemen. Yemeni citizens have killed exactly ZERO Americans in America since 1975.

The USA is not at war with Iraq. Iraqi citizens have killed exactly ZERO Americans in America since 1975.

The USA is not at war with Somalia. Somalian citizens have killed exactly ZERO Americans in America since 1975.

The USA is not at war with Iran. Iranian citizens have killed exactly ZERO Americans in America since 1975.

But it was a nice attempt to sneak in a strawman argument.

Why has Trump not banned people from Saudia Arabia (killed 2,369), Egypt (162), Lebanon (159), or the UAE (314)?

Is it just a coincidence that Trump has no financial interests in the banned countries but is heavily invested in the others that have actually proven themselves as dangerous to Americans.

There is a word for that, by the way; its called 'corruption'.

edit on 30/1/2017 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/1/2017 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Totally worth a thread...I used to not even get into politics and when I did it was against all the draconian bush era legislation that sure looked to be paving the way for dictatorship. Boy was I wrong for ever supporting the DNC...I look now and all that seems to come from the left now is immature, insane, pure hypocrisy, and hate/intolerance. These facts need to be shoved into the faces of those not even honest enough to acknowledge the truth is politics just doesn't benefit any of us in general, and when someone finally comes around and actually starts doing what he said he would it's a good thing especially when what he promised to do was help the people...Not globalists and big money lobbyists. No one's perfect and I don't expect much from politicians but Trump has so far done more for us than any president I have been alive for.

well posted

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: yogurt

Shh, The Fuhrer can do no wrong!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingMonkeyInSpace
So democrats wanted to ban people who didn't have Visas, and Trump banned people with Visas?

Trump is pausing the process while they look at the integrity of the visa system for people traveling from certain countries - those same countries identified by Obama's administration as being high risk.

People see that. They see the sense in that.

And... then they see the hysterical hypocritical left overreacting.

Trump isn't just "sweeping the leg" at this point in time, he's snapping the leg of the Democrat Party off at the knee. I've said it elsewhere and I'll say it again, he's laying the groundwork for a 2020 landslide.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
So, what happened with the original bill? Why hasn't it been in effect all along? Why did Trump even have to do this, it was done already.

(Edited to add: huh, appeared to reply to the wrong poster, this was meant to be a reply to... err... XCathedra, I think?)

Plus, if anything, the Order is suggesting that the integrity of the process is suspect, therefore the integrity of the visas are suspect, therefore existing visas need to be re-assessed to ensure that they are being correctly issued.

You could argue that the Order is essentially stating that it believes all currently issued visas are invalid (which means these people are traveling "without a visa") until proven otherwise.

Maintaining the integrity of the visa system is the right thing to do. Why do so many Americans hate the idea of doing the right thing? Is it because they don't like who is doing it? That really does appear to be the only rational answer to the question, if "rational" could ever be applied to the twisted leftist ideology.
edit on Ev36MondayMondayAmerica/ChicagoMon, 30 Jan 2017 03:36:26 -06004412017b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

The engineering departments in North American universities are filled with Iranians stealing American technologies to Iran. Their visas should be revoked and these thieves deported back to Iran.

Seriously? Do you have proof of this?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Racist. Just because Donald Trump is ethnically German doesn't mean he is racist. Not all ethnic Germans are racist.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I studied engineering at a Canadian university and 1 out of 10 in engineering departments are Iranians. Not immigrants. They only study engineering, nothing else. Clearly thieves.
edit on 30-1-2017 by sasadude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

a reply to: cenpuppie

Racist. Just because Donald Trump is ethnically German doesn't mean he is racist. Not all ethnic Germans are racist.

The allusion is not to his heritage, but to his political ambition. Why are you automatically playing the race card?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I studied engineering at a Canadian university and 1 out of 10 in engineering departments are Iranians. Not immigrants. They only study engineering, nothing else. Clearly thieves.

If they are paying tuition it is not thievery, is it?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

The US is at war with the IS. The IS kills hundreds of people in Iraq every month with suicide car bombs. I am sure NO ONE would want to see this happen in the US.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Iran state sponsored tuition.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

He is the president. He has the power and authority to do whatever is necessary for the safety of American citizens, at home and abroad.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join