It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan the Devil: Where is he?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

You are either saved through faith or you are not. Every tree is known by its fruit and no good tree can produce bad fruit.

That's a good point (the fruit part). I see that YHWH produced "bad fruit". One example would be factory farming of animals, since "he" said we could eat them. The other would be the judgmental, awful way "homo's" (as you like to call them)..are treated in the majority of Christendom. Another would be the way women are considered "made for man", and how through the centuries that has caused women to be viewed. Slavery would be another thing that is a "rotten fruit", because YHWH condoned it (with stipulations, of course (sarcasm intended).

Then we have Paul's "bad fruit". There are over 40,000 denominations among Christians, because even THEY can't decide and agree when it comes to the bible. Once again, the inhumane way animals are treated, women are treated as subservient, slavery is condoned...or, at least not said to be wrong (just endure it for the sake of Christ), "homo's" are also STILL rejected or ostracized, because they are given over to "reprobate" minds, and that's just a few rotten apples to throw out there.

Paul sounds like the poster child for YHWH's representative, come to think of it. He sure seemed to speak for him.
Jesus, on the other hand, spoke for a very different God. Unfortunately, most can't hear Him or the difference, because they are too busy following Paul's "faith alone" phony gospel.
Paul was a master at double speak. He said some good things...true, then would turn right around and not only contradict himself, but Jesus, as well.

edit on 4-3-2017 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

No proof Paul ever used the Greek word YWHW. Just because some unverifiable Greek copies, which cannot be proven to be without error, Say YWHW does not mean it is not LORD or JHVH.

Again it is faith in God's word (Ps 12:6, 7) over ones own wisdom.

God makes the wisdom of this world foolishness. One cannot know the word of God without the Holy Ghost.

When men put their own wisdom above that of God's then they become god in God's stead.

While claiming Paul is responsible to what you call error of 40,000 denominations does not mean the pervertor is not yet another. You would apply the error to Paul. and not consider the true culprit could be someone or something else. I believe it is so called Biblical Scholars who want to control people for personal gain of filthy lucre.

I read the "Principle and Practice of Medicine", the primer for the Harvard school of medicine, cover to cover a few times through. While I don't know every word in it I learned a lot. What got me and stood out the most was the insistence on the Medical society to force the dead languages of Latin and classical Greek on the student and to memorize those terms. But if you just used the English terms anyone could be a doctor.

It is all about money and control.

edit on 4-3-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

TextGod makes the wisdom of this world foolishness. One cannot know the word of God without the Holy Ghost.

There are many who know what the bible says....and are believers in Jesus, yet see problems with Paul. Paul did not give people the Holy Spirit. Jesus promised the Holy Spirit would be poured out, after He ascended back to the Father. Jesus even said that "unless I go back, the Spirit could not be given" (my paraphrase).
There are atheists, ex-Christians, and STILL believers in Jesus....who understand what the bible says.
So, you think that those who follow Jesus, yet reject Paul...don't have the HS?

While claiming Paul is responsible to what you call error of 40,000 denominations does not mean the pervertor is not yet another. You would apply the error to Paul.

The error DOES come from Paul's doctrine! All you have to do is read his epistles to see the contradictory things he say's, and the rotten fruit it's produced is apparent all through Christianity. His writings cause DIVISION. That's where the division comes from!

I believe it is so called Biblical Scholars who want to control people for personal gain of filthy lucre.

Uh, no....it was Paul who promoted those in ministry should be paid. Jesus said "freely you have received, freely give".

"Barnes' Notes on 1 Timothy 5:18"

For the Scripture saith - This is adduced as a reason why a church should show all due respect and care for its ministers. The reason is, that as God took care to make provision for the laboring ox, much more should due attention be paid to those who labor for the welfare of the church.

Thou shalt not muzzle the ox - see this passage explained, and its bearing on such an argument shown, in the notes on 1 Corinthians 9:8-10.

And, The labourer is worthy of his reward - This expression is found substantially in Matthew 10:10, and Luke 10:7. It does not occur in so many words in the Old Testament, and yet the apostle adduces it evidently as a quotation from the Scriptures, and as authority in the case. It would seem probable, therefore, that he had seen the Gospel by Matthew or by Luke, and that he quoted this as a part of Scripture, and regarded the Book from which he made the quotation as of the same authority as the Old Testament. If so, then this may be regarded as an attestation of the apostle to the inspiration of the "Gospel" in which it was found.

The above verses are the REASON that pastors feel they should be PAID. CHURCH AND Christianity are big business.

Also, Paul took that verse from the OT completely out of context! The OT verse regarding not muzzling the ox while treading the grain was simply in regard for the animals welfare. It had nothing to do with paying some dude to preach a phony gospel in a building, where people give their "filthy lucre" (as you call it) to keep the pastor sitting comfy, the mortgage or rent on the church building paid, pay the staff, keep the lights on, etc., etc.

edit on 4-3-2017 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Knowing and having wisdom, understanding and True knowledge of God's words is one thing. Just knowing a book through casual reading is yet another.

I still don't know all the Bible, every day I see something that seems like I dis not every read it before. But I know by my continued reading of it on an almost daily basis that I did. It didn't stand out at that time or times.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Knowing and having wisdom, understanding and True knowledge of God's words is one thing. Just knowing a book through casual reading is yet another.

I still don't know all the Bible, every day I see something that seems like I dis not every read it before. But I know by my continued reading of it on an almost daily basis that I did. It didn't stand out at that time or

I know exactly what you mean. I've experienced the same thing too many times to count. It's how I figured out Paul contradicts himself and Jesus. The HS showed me.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Annnnd....to get things back on track with the original OP, "Satan" is the "god" of this world. I also don't mean that in the Pauline explanation. The RULER and ARCHITECT of this world is NOT the Father that Jesus exemplified.
Satan just means "accuser". It's a title or adjective...not a name. His name is not "Lucifer" either. That was a mistranslation. There is no such entity as "Lucifer".
The ruler and architect of this world is the same one that tempted Jesus in the wilderness...the one who offered the kingdoms of this world to Jesus. WHY? Because he MADE IT AND OWNED it.
Just look at this planet. It's built predatory and to cause pain, while simultaneously disguised with beauty. This planet, though beautiful in some ways, will kill you dead in others. It's not perfect, nor was it ever. Otherwise, you wouldn't see the design of it the way it is.
Don't think so? Ok. Who the heck though up a Great White Shark? What, before the "fall", did that shark eat plankton?
The predatory animals, fish, insects, etc. in this world....were DESIGNED to BE that way. Then you have "prey animals", which usually are the most loving and gentle. They also get eaten. Not only by predators in the wild, but by man....one of the worst predators of all. Plus, man cheats to catch his prey.

THAT'S why John 3:16 say's "for GOD (the REAL MOST HIGH GOD), so loved the world, that HE gave His only begotten Son, that whosever should believe (like...BELIEVE WHAT HE SAID AND TAUGHT) in HIM....would have eternal life.

The whole "blood sacrifice" theme...from animals to Jesus being a blood sacrifice is BS. That's why Christianity listen to Paul over JESUS. Jesus taught us to be LIKE HIM, to love the Father, and to treat others (including animals) with love and respect. It's not complicated.
PAUL...taught a false gospel, that supported the "god of this world's" wrath, judgment, condemnation, bloodthirstiness, and made Jesus into nothing more than a blood sacrifice, "get out of jail free" card.

SATAN is in our Bibles as the OT deity Yahweh. He's also in numerous other Abrahamic religions, disguised as a different name.
So yea, that's where Satan is. Running the show down here, until the real God pushes reset.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
God will ransom man from the penalty of sin but only by his son, even Jesus knew this.

Job 33:24 Then he is gracious unto him, and saith, Deliver him from going down to the pit: I have found a ransom.
Ho 13:14 I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.
Mt 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
Mr 10:45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
1Ti 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Satan is in control of the world not the Earth the Earth is the Lords and all that is in it. The world is the system of man and it is in Satan's control.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Satan is in control of the world not the Earth the Earth is the Lords and all that is in it. The world is the system of man and it is in Satan's control.

"The LORD" IS Satan....the adversary, the accuser...and the one in control. You got that part right.
"Lord" is another term for "master" or "Baal".

ANY "god" that required genocide, animal sacrifice, making women subservient, condoned slavery (with stipulations), virgins as "spoils of war", and the myriad of other evil things....is NOT a god worth worshipping.
Keep defending him all you want. It doesn't matter if his name is YHWH, Yahweh, or "Cornholio"....he's still evil.

JESUS was nothing like that. Nor, did He EVER...and I mean EVER mention the name of the OT God. Wonder why that is?

edit on 5-3-2017 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

God will ransom man from the penalty of sin but only by his son, even Jesus knew this

No...Jesus broke the power of the "god of this world" (aka...Yahweh) by dying innocent. He did something spectacular. He wasn't the "god man", nor was he just a blood sacrifice so you and whoever else get's the freebie pass to Heaven just by believing it.
Jesus SHOWED everyone the TRUE CHARACTER of the TRUE God. He even told the High Priests (who served YAHWEH)...that their father was THE DEVIL. Can't get any clearer than that.
Not only that, but Jesus never taught "just believe in Me and all is fine". Nope, He taught, "do as I do and be as I am". Not only that, but He SHOWED you and me and everyone else JUST WHAT THAT SHOULD LOOK LIKE.
But, you go ahead and follow Paul...you know, cause by following Jesus' words and commandments, you are lost and having to stand on "works" instead of "grace"...because your false apostle Paul taught you that. Oh, and that's who you listen to...not Jesus.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Transparent

God has no adversaries or enemies or anything of the sort.

Satan only has influence on us, God is not subject to the retribution of inferior beings and is the Most Powerful and Most Merciful.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Satan is a chump who only the wretched are concerned with as they haven't realized we have a weapon to defeat him.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Matrixsurvivor
Annnnd....to get things back on track with the original OP, "Satan" is the "god" of this world. I also don't mean that in the Pauline explanation. The RULER and ARCHITECT of this world is NOT the Father that Jesus exemplified.
Satan just means "accuser". It's a title or adjective...not a name. His name is not "Lucifer" either. That was a mistranslation. There is no such entity as "Lucifer".
The ruler and architect of this world is the same one that tempted Jesus in the wilderness...the one who offered the kingdoms of this world to Jesus. WHY? Because he MADE IT AND OWNED it.
Just look at this planet. It's built predatory and to cause pain, while simultaneously disguised with beauty. This planet, though beautiful in some ways, will kill you dead in others. It's not perfect, nor was it ever. Otherwise, you wouldn't see the design of it the way it is.
Don't think so? Ok. Who the heck though up a Great White Shark? What, before the "fall", did that shark eat plankton?
The predatory animals, fish, insects, etc. in this world....were DESIGNED to BE that way. Then you have "prey animals", which usually are the most loving and gentle. They also get eaten. Not only by predators in the wild, but by man....one of the worst predators of all. Plus, man cheats to catch his prey.

THAT'S why John 3:16 say's "for GOD (the REAL MOST HIGH GOD), so loved the world, that HE gave His only begotten Son, that whosever should believe (like...BELIEVE WHAT HE SAID AND TAUGHT) in HIM....would have eternal life.

The whole "blood sacrifice" theme...from animals to Jesus being a blood sacrifice is BS. That's why Christianity listen to Paul over JESUS. Jesus taught us to be LIKE HIM, to love the Father, and to treat others (including animals) with love and respect. It's not complicated.
PAUL...taught a false gospel, that supported the "god of this world's" wrath, judgment, condemnation, bloodthirstiness, and made Jesus into nothing more than a blood sacrifice, "get out of jail free" card.

SATAN is in our Bibles as the OT deity Yahweh. He's also in numerous other Abrahamic religions, disguised as a different name.
So yea, that's where Satan is. Running the show down here, until the real God pushes reset.

A hundred "Glory be to God"'s I will say for you for these wise words!

There is a Sunnah of the Prophet(PBUH) that if you say it one hundred times, a thousand good deeds will be added to you and a thousand evil taken away.

I promise my next hundred to you.
Salaam.

Glory be to God!Most Gracious, Most Merciful!
edit on 5-3-2017 by benTanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: matrixsurvivor

I will have to, obviously, disagree with you if you mean to state Islam is an Abrahamic guise for the God of the Bible.

You didn't say that, I'm not accusing either, so hear me out.

Islam was responsible for the golden age of scientific inquiry. The Greek scientific and philosophical texts were embraced by Muslims , translation being a sought after proffession these texts taught Muslims what Catholics rejected... Knowledge and ethics.

Everything centers around Qur'an and Hadiths but Islam has a body of literature from philosophers who read Aristotle, Plotinus and the other Neo Platonists, and mystical theologians with texts that while unknown to all but a few, surpass the Zoharic literature in quantity and quality while being just as mystical but more sensible.

It was the Muslim world that Europeans owe, and nobody else, for the knowledge that led to the Intellectual Renaissance and embrace of mysticism like Alchemy/Chemistry, Algebra, perform surgery and basically if not for Islam Europe would not have had even soap or paper.

So the anti knowledge pushing Christians, inspired by Paul's "Knowledge puffs up" "Destroy the wisdom of the wise" may be worshipping a falsified version of a once sacred scripture that no Muslim reads without being disgusted at how idiotic it is NOW.

But under the right conditions the same God, accurately revealed through the Prophet(PBUH), not falsified by scribe's and Levites, Ezra and Nehemiah, inspired a man to largely by diplomacy unite a region that would expand to reach from N. Africa and Spain to China and India within TWO HUNDRED YEARS!!!

Christians And Jews flourished like previously unimaginable under Rome, under Islam, and no religion has ever been so tolerant when it comes to other Monotheists (even Sabaeans), with everyone flourishing it was the envy of Europe and cause of the (short lived) Crusades.

When Saladin took back Jerusalem he allowed the Christians to stay and they lived in peace, and probably this got the Templars excommunicated. Being neighborly.

It's a historical fact, I'm guessing about the K.T. but everything else, the Intellectual Renaissance of Europe never would have been possible without Islam.

Look what Zionists and Christian propaganda has done to lie about Islam...History!!!!

We are supposed to be the violent, third world types. If there is violence in Islam it's retaliation and must be equitable per the Qur'an. Only if you are under attack is violence permissible, in defense of home and family, neighbors and retaliation should never be undertaken without knowledge of the Sunnah "returning evil WITH GOOD".

As did Saladin and should all men and women.

Certainly punishment is appropriate at times, but like the Constitution the punishment must fit the crime (be equitable).
edit on 5-3-2017 by benTanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

you do not and have not separated the true God, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ from the god of this world. This is because of the lack of study and the promotion of opinions of men even to the substitution of YWHW for the English JHVH/JEHOVAH/LORD.

Learn to study the AV English Bible, look for the subjects, predicative nominatives, direct and indirect objects, that are supportive of the nouns used in sentence. People are glossing over the English and change it in their newer versions, changing not only the sentence structures around, but also are creating something that the scriptures do not teach.

To many still do not and know not how to study in English and rely of so called Biblical scholars going back using Greek and Hebrew dictionaries and so called originals (which there are none in anyone's hands today and have been gone since the first century). This is where the errors of the teachings in this thread and other threads lay.

Learn to study the Bible preserved to this generation in the English and you will see more truth.

Now in many post I have shown many of you the Bible verses that support Paul's expounding of the same teachings of Jesus. Jesus was for the kingdom at hand and Paul's is the expansion of the same teachings for the kingdom set aside for a time until the fullness of times comes.

But like the men of the past many will not receive the truth of the word of God and will follow the teaching of men. I have read to much of all of the anti-Paul or the anti-Pauline teachings to say Matrix or any of you just came upon these false teachings on your own. As a matter of truth these teachings would be from the god of this world who would want to take as many as he can to hell with him. We are admonished not to ignorant of his ways.

edit on 5-3-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: benTanna

I will have to, obviously, disagree with you if you mean to state Islam is an Abrahamic guise for the God of the Bible.

Honestly, I know nothing of Islam or their faith. Most of what I know is the MSM's slant on it all. The one thing I do know is that we are all being played in this world....pitted against one another.
My theory on that is similar to what the Gnostics believed. That the "god of this world" is evil and the archons or evil entities that are here, thrive on our pain and misery.
So, I definitely can't speak knowledgably on Islam or Allah. I only know the bible and Christianity, from personal experience.

I will say this though...a very, very, dear friend of ours is Muslim. He is my 3rd son's godfather. Great guy, giving, and wonderful.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: benTanna

A hundred "Glory be to God"'s I will say for you for these wise words!

Thank you, kind sir. It's nice to be encouraged, rather than told I "err in not knowing the scriptures", lol.
Blessings to you back.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

you do not and have not separated the true God, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ from the god of this world. This is because of the lack of study and the promotion of opinions of men even to the substitution of YWHW for the English JHVH/JEHOVAH/LORD.

Sigh....ok. First off, it DOES NOT MATTER if you use YHWH, Yahweh, Jehovah, or LORD.....they are all meaning the same deity.
Second, how the heck do you know HOW much studying I've done? Stop assuming that just because I don't believe Paul is legit, or JEHOVAH (as you call him, because that's what your KJV tells you to call him)....is the true God, I haven't studied the bible. Really now. You can't come up with something better than that?
You never refute points I've made....like the whole "rotten fruit" from both of those two. All you can say is, "you err in not knowing the scriptures....you don't have the "Holy Ghost"....you are listening to the opinions of men....you are deceived, yada, yada".

To many still do not and know not how to study in English and rely of so called Biblical scholars going back using Greek and Hebrew dictionaries and so called originals (which there are none in anyone's hands today and have been gone since the first century). This is where the errors of the teachings in this thread and other threads lay.

You know something? If the Bible is that convoluted and confusing (and tampered with), and requires SOOO much effort just to UNDERSTAND it, then that should cause you to pause and think, "gee....wonder why "God" couldn't keep it more simple?"
Guess what.....the ONE PERSON IN THAT WHOLE BOOK WHO KEPT IT SIMPLE WAS JESUS. A child can understand Him.
Yet, you have to pull out concordances, dictionaries, basically work your arse off to try and somehow make sense of Paul's gooblygop, and make it line up (which it doesn't) to Jesus. Apologetics are so ridiculous and reveal just HOW MUCH Pauline Christianity is a farce.

Now in many post I have shown many of you the Bible verses that support Paul's expounding of the same teachings of Jesus. Jesus was for the kingdom at hand and Paul's is the expansion of the same teachings for the kingdom set aside for a time until the fullness of times comes.

Annnnnd....ONCE AGAIN, the circular logic you use constantly astounds me. The ONLY reason you say the above is because the ONLY person you rely on for your doctrine IS PAUL.
"If Paul said it, then it's true...because it's in the bible, which makes it true, which makes Paul legit". Paul, Paul, Paul, Paul, Paul, Paul....
Paul didn't expound on anything (nor have you proven anything to me)....he made up his own gospel, high jacked the real one from Jesus, and now is the "star" of Christianity.

But like the men of the past many will not receive the truth of the word of God and will follow the teaching of men.

Yea, I know, I know....I just listen to the teachings of men (not). You really don't pay attention to much that I say, do you? I've heard it all before, Chester. TRUST me on that...everything you've tried to "teach and refute me" on...I've heard, told people the same thing, and am no dummy to what the doctrines of Pauline Christianity are.
So, please stop sounding like a broken record and actually respond to some of the things I've pointed out.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

ANY "god" that required genocide, animal sacrifice, making women subservient, condoned slavery (with stipulations), virgins as "spoils of war", and the myriad of other evil things....is NOT a god worth worshipping.

Please explain what I wrote above in a previous post. I would really love to hear your explanation (from your own reasoning) WHY the above makes Jehovah good?? I'm curious how you rectify the above with a GOOD deity. (oh, and don't use Paul....just your own logic on what is LOVE and what ISN'T).

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

If it be anything to you I find you understand Jesus (PBUH) better than your adversaries in no small amount. And for what it's worth the fake apostle Paul too. Which is why you probably understand Jesus (PBUH) better.

Not much more than a matter of Spirit and attentive reading separates the Paul crowd from the neo Nazarene minded crowd. They don't read, are big on the supposed merits of creed and openly accept Paul without any serious investigation into who he was, was friends with and ultimately worked for (Nero).

Without understanding the New Covenant of Israel they forsake the old, that was corrupted with portrayals of a vindictive God who only loved Judah. Jesus was the first "Midrashist" or commentator of the Law and Prophets of the Nazarene sect which ultimately was corrupted by Paul and eventually became Islam. Another Midrash type book that corrects the corruption of the Bible is the Qur'an.

PBS has a riveting documentary called "Empire of Faith." It's truly inspiring.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

And you know a few things about Islam.

It's Christianity-Paul=Islam.

And you know how the European intellectual Renaissance was all from Muslim knowledge while Europe was suffering in the Dark Ages the Islamic Empire was a paradise of technology and scientific achievement.

That Americans aren't taught this is disturbing.

God bless PBS on YouTube.

"Empire of Faith."

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join