It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan the Devil: Where is he?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

Interesting reply. What do you think of this guy's take?

Lancelot Knight

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The mark they take upon their head is called psychopathy.

I agree. I was just writing about this, in a Herman Melville Style.

Standing here quite nullified in the prodigious abasement, by the plebian, who being, overincenced by his indefatigable pursuit
of a phantom, without realizing the abstract concreteness, or the underlying motive, probity, or desire, from which such a phantom, might be real, while, perpetrating such for the vain glory, that for an instantanious, miniscule sliver, of infinity, to justify such an imperious attitude; while barely penetrating the emulsive layers of an embodied spirit, he had so tried to conquer, for a singular drop of water, accelerating as he was downward, within a void, representing all he has ever known, while never quite able to reach or sense the bottom.

Also, I am researching reprobate minds, as well as John Calvin's assessment of predetemination . If Calvin is correct, then there is no hope for the fallin.

edit on 30-1-2017 by davido because: clarity

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Transparent

The Bible tells us he is in outer space and that near the end he and some of his angels will fight with the Holy Angles and be cast out of heaven unto the earth during the great tribulation.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: davido

here is a link to the biblical error of Calvinism.

There are 8 parts read them all. It is one of the best rebuttals to Calvinism I have ever read I made a copy and have referred to it many times over the years. The great thinig about it is the guy uses mostly Bible to prove his points and less of the words of men. Is Calvinism Sound Doctrine

edit on 30-1-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: davido

Interesting reply. What do you think of this guy's take?

Lancelot Knight

TBH I only read halfway down the page. It's one of those things I'll have to get back to, it's kind of a long read.
In the back of my mind while reading it I would reflect upon instances of my past...

In a word the words are self-reflection. I don't know the scripture where the disciples ask Jesus something and his reply was;
those who see the son see the father...It seems to me that if Jesus had a mirror he could have them look upon their own reflection and have their answer?

Thanks for the link.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
From part 2 of link provided;

This is always a Red Flag for me, since so much of False Doctrine (Psychiatry/Psychology for example) is associated with “words” not found in the Bible.

So I spent a couple weeks in the slammer once and thought I'd be safer locked up with the crazies instead of gp...
I was right. There was a guy who'd never come out of his cell unless it was mealtime, or pill time.
Those of us who'd play cards together in the day-room would laugh and carry on how he could carry on conversations with someone who was not there in his cell with him...

The pills worked but didn't have a real lasting kind of quality to them.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Give me a little more understanding of what you are trying to say.

Are George's statement true to your thought of thinking or are you saying he is in error over his opinion?

I found his teaching through these sections were of more sound doctrine than that,that is called Calvinism.

Plus the more I read what I call the preserved word of God, the AV. I refuse to use the term KJV only because I do not agree with all the crazies that cal themselves KJV only. But the more I read of it the more I understand that God does not choose one to be saved and another unsaved. Because one of his greatest character traits is he is no respecter of persons.

Which means he sees their freewill choices as their own and nothing to do with his control over them, like programed robots.

God controls no man. Each man s free to follow his instructions or not to. whether (for Jews) his commandments for them at certain times, and for Gentiles his instructions via Jesus, Paul, Peter, Jude and John during the current church age.

God made man with free will and he will not violate it. Fr him to step in now and remove all evil, sickness and disease, wickedness from the world would violate man's free will and show him as not being holy, righteous and just.

Keep reading his articles and read the scriptures he presents in the context and you will see Calvinism is a private interpretation of the scriptures.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

If we really have free will. Than we can alter the future wich is described in revelations.

But in revelations it is stated that God has put it in Our hearts to do his will.

17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

If we have free will wich is not predetermined by God than the prophets can not truly describe future events.

Jesus for Instant fullfilled the Word of God as it was prophesized. Thou Jesus did so With free will. We have no idea if Our Choices really are done by free will. I think we are only given that impression since we really dont have the same knowledge and Connection With God like Jesus did. Jesus knew the future, we dont. If Jesus knew the future and the prophets know that future, than Our life is not really guided by free will. We have no way of altering it even if we know that what is mentioned in revelations will take Place if we continue the cource.

I think no matter what we do, or how much we try we will end up as intended and as the prophets have told.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

There are plenty of references to Jesus actually being the father. Not while in the flesh though.
Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" John 8:58 Interesting that he uses the words, "I AM",
which is the name given to Moses.

Lancelot Knight is positing that he has been given "eyes to see". He was a pastor for 30 years, under Arnold Murray,at Shepherd's Chapel, which was broadcast every day, early in the morning across the US. He quit, because he had a revelation, that heaven is within us. He posits, "What I learned from the experience of the cross and the revelation (renting of the veil) that followed, was that until I came face to face with the “abomination of desolation” and “saw” that adamic “man of sin”, “the son of perdition”, the one who will perish (who will surely die), that one who sits in the temple of God (again, one’s heart), the holy place (because it is the house, the mansion, the dwelling place of God) and claims to be god, the authoritative ruler of the world (your world), that I still dwelt in darkness, no matter how intellectually and spiritually enlightened I thought I was. Darkness is darkness and though you call it smart scholarly darkness or stupid ritual darkness makes no difference… and even less sense, for both are darkness because there is still no (true) Light present!"

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'd like to posit that we create our own demons. Miriam dictionary defines spirit thusly,
3 "temper or disposition of mind or outlook especially when vigorous or animated"

So, spirit can be an attitute vs a supernatural being. Take Mammon for example. When you are experiencing the spirit of Mammon, you are caught up in an attitude that more is better. No matter how much you have-there is never enough.
the characteristic of this kind of thinking is greed,coveting;and the pursuit of happiness through material gains, regardless of how they are acquired. So, when you are possesed by this spirit(attitude), you actually manifest the foregoing characteristics.
Additionally, Mammon is an idol for some folks, when it becomes an obsession and the dominant thinking pattern in their lives.

edit on 31-1-2017 by davido because: spelling

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

God knows all, but chooses not to directly involve himself in your life unless you let him through his Son.

Revelation is not written to the unsaved, or me a saved Gentile. It is for the Jews in tribulation to prepare them for the promised kingdom. And for the unsaved of both Jew and Gentile for God's judgement.

Try as you may the only future you can change is your own and that through faith on Christ alone.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Jesus knew the future, we dont. If Jesus knew the future and the prophets know that future, than Our life is not really guided by free will. We have no way of altering it even if we know that what is mentioned in revelations will take Place if we continue the cource.

Jesus did not know everything and as He has now retained His former celestial authority He still does not know all things. The scriptures tell us that not even the Christ Jesus knows when the Father will send Him back to this earth in the first resurrection of Revelation. Daniel tells us somewhat the same. Both the prophets and Jesus only knew what was revealed to them at a particular event.

God does interfere in certain events with other events but does not change a happening of your choice. If God tells us that America will fall on a certain date, it is by His foreknowledge that He predestines the fall. Our choice in life may change our being justified but may never change the event. God has extended His grace in some events but that event will happen eventually. Case in point is death. It will happen to each and everyone of us.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

Jesus knew the future, we dont. If Jesus knew the future and the prophets know that future, than Our life is not really guided by free will. We have no way of altering it even if we know that what is mentioned in revelations will take Place if we continue the cource.

Jesus did not know everything and as He has now retained His former celestial authority He still does not know all things. The scriptures tell us that not even the Christ Jesus knows when the Father will send Him back to this earth in the first resurrection of Revelation. Daniel tells us somewhat the same. Both the prophets and Jesus only knew what was revealed to them at a particular event.

God does interfere in certain events with other events but does not change a happening of your choice. If God tells us that America will fall on a certain date, it is by His foreknowledge that He predestines the fall. Our choice in life may change our being justified but may never change the event. God has extended His grace in some events but that event will happen eventually. Case in point is death. It will happen to each and everyone of us.

What you say here does state that Jesus knows the future. Its just that Jesus doesnt know the exact time and day in the future. But he knows he is comming back. Jesus would never have mentioned that if he didnt know the facts.

So even Jesus future is preplanned, just like Ours. The bible has a ending and New books will be opened. If that doesnt state that Our future is preplanned what does?
If New books will be opened, that implies that they are already written.

Collectively we are all being guided to do Gods will. You have Your mission to Complete and i have mine. If you look back at you life it goes in a streight timeline based on each Choice you have made. There is no way you can alter any of them. Your future Choices are preplanned and there is nothing you can do about them, becasue you will make them if you like it or not. Because, all the Choices you make comes from your mind. The hart of every man is his mind and God can alter your emotions through your mind so that you will make the right choice.

Now Lord God didnt mange to do so With the Pharaohs. But since he is Lord and King of Earth he could send plauges.
Lord God could also form life from earth, as he formed Adam. But Lord God could not directly controll Adams mind. So he had to trick Adam to sin. And Lord God created the Eden to do so.

Adams life is basically the Foundation of Our religion. Lord Gods religion. The scary part is that the Bride/Tree of life will come to Earth and will fool everyone who have put their faith in God. Because the Bride is Eden and the tree of life is Eve.It is all Lords Gods creation and happening, not Gods.

Even this is preplanned, because we have names written in the book of life even. No one who have put their faith in God will dare to question Lord God the false God. Because they truly dont know who is who.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemustI hope Satan the Devil is dead, or otherwise rendered powerless by God. Would God allow his creation, who's turned evil, to roam the Earth torturing his children?

IMO, because this world is giving us a spiritual lesson. One third of the angels followed Satan instead of God, and they were cast out forever with Satan. Free will creates a paradox, we were created for companionship but can deny God. As men (and women) we live this life separated from God and in the influence of Satan. Since the Truth of God has been killed from this world, we sin out of ignorance (not like the fallen ones who sinned in the face of God). He has died (Jesus, the Truth and the Way), so that we may live. That's how I see it anyway.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Transparent
There is a conspiracy to where God's primary adversary is right now.

In your mind, if you choose to believe in fairly tales.

There is no evidence such a being or entity ever existed. Or God for that matter. But as this is about the devil, we'll stick to that fictional character.

The 'devil' was a tool used by people in ancient times to scare people into being 'good' or doing what they perceived as 'moral'.

It no longer has any use in a modern, civilised society. People should derive their ethics and morals from social interactions, societal norms and acceptances and what we 'know' to be right from what I believe to be innate behaviour learned and encoded in our DNA from tens of thousands of years ago when we struggled to live past 20 years and relied heavily on each other for survival.

To use a Devil or demon or some other fictional being to keep people scared of 'immorality' is outda ted and no longer needed.

So where is he? Dead, both metaphorically and fictionally.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

It doesent matter if you state that this is all a fiction when People have truly put their faith in the Word of God.

Their is no way they will let it go. They would not dare to.

Satan is as real as we are. There is nothing you can say or argue that would change this. The only way we can alter the spell is by mass depopulation/war. It is the only way New books can be opened.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

As Loveguy pointed out "The mark they take upon their head is called psychopathy." got me wondering if this might be the mark of Cain. It is interesting that in many tribal cultures, insane people are revered. I am on the fence as far as Calvin, John Darby, and Scofield are concerned.
Whopper.pdf

If in fact, there are people, who will never "get it", then they would be given over to a reprobate mind. Cain's geneology does not go far in Genesis. The basis of "British Israelism", is on the evil kenites. I might add that I do not agree with "British Israelism", as I feel it is racist in nature. There are good people and bad people of every race;and, even within the same family, as in Cain and Able. If you know of any narcissists, they are purely evil. Recognizing anything or anyone superior to themselves is nearly impossible to them. Bipolars, Narcissists, Antisocials, and control freaks, in general seem to share a common goal of dominating others. To me spirituality and freedom in Christ is nearly the opposite of bowing down to control freaks. Domination, bondage, and control, seems to be more of the Devil, than of the love of Christ.

And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him." Genesis 4:14-15

Romans 1:28
Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.

1 Corinthians 1:18
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

John 8:44
"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

Revelations 3:9
I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

Just my two cents,
Peace and Love,
DEO

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Double post -sory
edit on 1-2-2017 by davido because: double post

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
There is nothing you can say or argue that would change this.

How about some real evidence? If i accused you of murder, based solely on my 'belief', would you accept that? Should a jury?

If not, why do you let yourself be manipulated into believing something without a shred of evidence?

What a horrible way to live one's life. (shrug)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I don't know where Satan is, but for being absent,

he's gotten the " Hell on Earth " concept down.

What a job, don't even need to be around and it runs smoothly.

Now GOD on the other hand,

I just don't understand why we'd be given freewill, knowing that other's freewill is what is DIRECTLY affecting my freewill.
Not to mention, billions of others, we are told that GOD is the supreme being, however here on earth, the men with the most amount of money have the powers that GOD is supposed to have, yet we don't have anyone with the same resources fighting for good.

How come?

Is our world the designated bad zone?

I mean, is there ever going to be a different outcome, if this is the variables we have to work with?!

It drives me mad, that if the above is true, why are we even here to suffer everyday.

If we are to improve ourselves, or do something else, there isn't a tag you're born with, religion isn't even universal in that sense, minus the one underlying fact, we should improve ourselves positivly and assist our fellow man as we can.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join