It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Trial: Lawsuits Against Trump On ‘Muslim Immigration Ban’ Will Fail Fast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
In the wake of Trump's new EO on Friday, seems lots of legal actions happening already.

Apparently lawyers were standing ready as people arriving (in limbo) at U.S. airports were detained.

Some have been waived as OK and some are still in detention.

This article seems to cite that Trumps EO is legal.

On Trial: Lawsuits Against Trump On ‘Muslim Immigration Ban’ Will Fail Fast

Council American-Islamic Relations announced an intention to sue President Donald Trump over his executive order banning most immigrants from Syria, and other countries that lack certain vetting standards and have issues with terrorism. Overnight, refugees who were in the air on the way to the United States are now being detained, and have also filed legal actions. The ban is perceived by some as a partial Muslim ban. Either way, at any trial, the law supports Trump’s order, and CAIR or others are likely to lose, completely, conclusively and quickly.

Liberal lawyer critics of Trump are making a habit of losing in their appeal to any branch other than elections — lost recount lawsuits, lost elector lawsuits, lost Russia-conspiracy derived lawsuits. Now, get ready to add lost emolument lawsuits and lost immigration lawsuits.

The Constitution gives Congress and the President exclusive, plenary control over immigration. This is how both Carter and Obama could single out various states or beliefs to exclude migrants on that basis, as both did.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Trump has THE pen and the phone now, lawsuits take a while till then borders closed!

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It's not a ban on muslims.

But, I see lots of $$$$ in a bunch of lawyers' pockets as they convince the gullible that they can win this!

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It was OK when Carter and Clinton did it.....

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DogMeat
It was OK when Carter and Clinton did it.....

SShhh. You know as well as I do that only non-Democrats can cause bad things to happen. When Democrats do it, it's for the children!!!!

Star for you.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Council American-Islamic Relations announced an intention to sue President Donald Trump over his executive order banning most immigrants from Syria, and other countries that lack certain vetting standards and have issues with terrorism.

Those Idiots would sued FDR for banning travel to Germany and Japan, or when JFK banned travel to cuba.

Or Carter when he banned travel to Russia.

For crying out loud.

When are those people going to get it.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
CAIR are just gonna make this worse.

No one cares what they have to say about a damn thing.
Including a lot of Muslims.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
How can a non citizen even sue us for not leaving them into this country without then supplying some evidence they are not linked to terrorist groups. I can't even go visit another country unless I get a passport and there are questions on that application and I need to provide evidence if they ask for it.

We need to make it safer here in America for all of our citizens, including our legal Muslim immigrants that are becoming citizens. Muslims fly and Muslims go to the store shopping or go to social functions where they may be shot or blown up too.

We need to insure the safety of our citizens, they will need to figure out how to investigate these people or they won't be allowed. We do not allow people from North Korea into this country unless they are thoroughly checked out. We do not let people from Russia to immigrate here without checking them out. What is wrong with checking everyone out better. Especially those who pose more of a risk.

Lawyers who chase these kinds of lawsuits need to be disbarred.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The ban is creating complications. Everywhere.
He didn't clarify enough details

www.thestar.com...

That means that a longtime U.S. resident who had left the country to go on vacation or visit family would not be able to get back to their home. It also means that hundreds of thousands of residents are effectively trapped in the U.S. for at least three months.

Can't get in, or out...

Canadian dual citizens said they were worried that the order would affect their work and their relationships. Yasmine Mirabedini, a Canadian-Iranian immigration consultant, lives in Chicago with her American-Canadian husband and holds a green card. But her business is based in Toronto, where her parents still live, and now she is not sure if she can get back to the U.S. if she travels to Canada.

Again, effecting those still in the states...

People held at airports because they were allowed on their flights, only to be turned back or held.

edit on 28-1-2017 by snowspirit because: Sp

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DogMeat

Just like how it was OK when Roosevelt put the Japanese into internment camps.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: DogMeat

Just like how it was OK when Roosevelt put the Japanese into internment camps.

Or when Cleveland banned the Chinese.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Alarming, but many of these reports today are unconfirmed.

Lots of sob stories circulating.

I bet they can get visas in advance for both directions.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Protestors are gathering at the airport now. I'm seeing that dozens of lawyers showing up to international flights.

I saw 12 arrivals detained so far and only 1 released. They must be going through extreme vetting.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Canadian dual citizens said they were worried that the order would affect their work and their relationships. Yasmine Mirabedini, a Canadian-Iranian immigration consultant, lives in Chicago with her American-Canadian husband and holds a green card.

Would prolly have less problems if they'd drop the hypens.

Pick one.

American-Canadian-Iranian

Ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

There's lots of people close to the US/Canada border that cross whichever direction for their career, I guess those that are dual citizenship with one of the banned countries will just have to take an apartment if they're stuck on their working side of the border....

The details of this all should be figured out soon...

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Protestors are gathering at the airport now. I'm seeing that dozens of lawyers showing up to international flights.

I saw 12 arrivals detained so far and only 1 released. They must be going through extreme vetting.

Can't wait for the pictures and videos.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

JFK

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
What about the Canadian border? Not that it matters. already plenty of radical sleeper cells here already i'm sure.. from any country.. good thing DHS and ICE have all those new laws last 2 presidents passed to work with..

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I'm waiting for a smart lawyer to make a claim, based on the lack of exclusion for countries he's in business with, that the order has personal financial aspects. That makes his financials, including tax returns, both relevant and discoverable under FRCP 26. In fact, I think I'll suggest that to the CAIR lawyers at Bishop, Rawlings and Fahid. Let's see those returns. Why else would he exclude Saudies and Egyptians from the order?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
These isolated issues will be worked out.

Trump is aware of it, but today, he said this:

“It’s working out very nicely. We’re going to have a strict ban, and we’re going to have extreme vetting, which we should have had in this country for many years," he said.

edit on 28-1-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join