It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cicada 3301 new video info

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'll first supply this link to a video for those that haven't seen it, or know nothing of it.

youtu.be...

This info comes as no surprise, considering what it would take to find really smart code breakers, and code writters.

The amount of data these guys had to go through in order to even get close to the final stages of the quest is amazing to say the least.

I remember seeing this come up on the internet back in 2012. But I never came to the conclusion that I should look at the computer code that made up the picture. Lol duh.

I post this in hopes someone here at ATS has more info on the group that started this Easter egg hunt.
edit on 28-1-2017 by Underfire2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Underfire2

But had I figured that out, what would my chances of ending up on some sort of hacker watch list be? How many people that did figure it out, just to come up missing? You can only find info on those that got close, but not much on those that actually succeeded.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

edit on 28-1-2017 by Underfire2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It's FBI. Look for Waldo instead...You'll live longer.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

There's a 2017 puzzle too. Apparently it's got a phone number tied to it, the number was to a phone booth in the Mojave desert. People use too camp next to the booth and answer calls just out of curiosity. Now that same number is attached to a chat room you can send messages to and join the chat. There's a count down clock associated with the chat room, apparently the chat room shuts down and the phone booth in the desert rings. Creepy shat.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Underfire2

There are no PGP signed messages from Cicada this year. If it isn't verified with PGP it isn't Cicada.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Underfire2
I'll first supply this link to a video for those that haven't seen it, or know nothing of it.

youtu.be...

This info comes as no surprise, considering what it would take to find really smart code breakers, and code writters.

The amount of data these guys had to go through in order to even get close to the final stages of the quest is amazing to say the least.

I remember seeing this come up on the internet back in 2012. But I never came to the conclusion that I should look at the computer code that made up the picture. Lol duh.

I post this in hopes someone here at ATS has more info on the group that started this Easter egg hunt.

Cicada 3301?

I'm certain that I have no idea what you're talking about...

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

What's that image in your signature?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

What's that image in your signature?

Maybe I'm a lepidopterist?

But then again...

BTW - I'm still happily doing some research on the topic of the epic thread you posted re: Eyes Wide Shut. We need more threads like that.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

The next thread I make in that category is going to be about how Dr. Jacques Vallee influenced The X Files TV show.

I will be citing some of the famous threads made by The GUT to corroborate my hypothesis about how Vallee (specifically his book Messengers of Deception) influenced one writer to make my favorite episode of The X Files in Season 3.

It probably won't be as long as the EWS thread but should initiate some equally thought provoking discussions regarding Psychotronic Weapons, Electromagnetism, and UFO Cold War Psy Ops.

It will be a good read

join