It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump holds calls with Putin, leaders from Europe and Asia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
President Trump has had some phone conversations with a few world leaders today.

Russia's Putin was one.

Apparently some good discussions happened.

BREAKING: Trump and Putin discuss coordinating on ISIS and Syria, Kremlin says

President Trump called Russian President Vladi­mir Putin on Saturday in hopes of cultivating “a great relationship,” one in a series of telephone conversations with world leaders as he develops a personal rapport with the heads of several traditional U.S. allies.

Trump’s call with Putin, which began about noon Eastern time, comes as the president faces pressure to maintain sanctions against Moscow. He is reaching out to repair the U.S.-Russian relationship, which has been badly strained by the Ukrainian crisis, the war in Syria and the conclusion by U.S. intelligence agencies that Putin ordered systematic hacking of Democratic emails to tip the presidential election in Trump’s favor.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Does he also has plans to speak with the leader of Best Korea Kim Jong Un? He did express his desire to speak him one time and Baby Kim wants to return the favor.

Note: I mean Best Korea in a sarcastic way for those who think I am praising North Korea.
edit on 1/28/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It's about time the US at least started talking to Russia. They are not the superpower they were, but nukes are never a good thing. Both sides have way too many.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to: xuenchen

I don't know, but it just feels a lot better when leaders are getting along..

But of course people will somehow spin this and claim world destruction is coming
edit on 28-1-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

This is the one that will truly test his negotiating skills.

I get that most are suspicious of Russia and that they want the sanctions kept. But we need to de-escalate the tensions the previous administration put in place.

If we are honest with ourselves, the USA sanctioned Russia for doing exactly the same sort of things it did itself in the Middle East. So there is a lot of hypocrisy in them.

And remember, in the big global picture;

Russia = Good because it is no threat economically in fact there are opportunities there.
China = Bad because it is dominating the world economically, using sneaky tricks to undermine democracies and economically take over smaller pacific rim nations.

Russia as an ally will isolate China and put pressure on them to listen and behave. I cannot stress enough how crucial it is to cautiously warm relations and turn them into an alliance once Russia proves it's trustworthiness.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
So is this a call between Kylo Ren and Supreme Leader Snoke?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Tried to flag this thread, but I only had 19 posts. This one should put me at 20.

(post by Christosterone removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I kind of look at things like this...

Going back to the Soviet era, U.S. involvement was to establish a democracy. Now that Russia is a capitalist society, for the most part, to keep going at them decade after decade is only expressing that the U.S. is happy only if Russia is destabilized.

It gives the world a bad impression when the world military super power continuously pushes its ways on sectors of the world, then leaves and offers nothing in value to repair the sector when they leave... it has shown to leave a worse state pf affairs in regions these tactics were used.

Befriend Russia... please! Rothschild's will be useless if the top 2 nuclear super powers merge to fight back to Rothschild influence.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Another reason why Putin wants the US on his side: There was a thread somewhere that discusses about how China have plans to back stab Russia by taking control of the Siberian Regions.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I wonder if this subject came up in the discussions

On January 17, in another attempt to harass Russia and add to the anti-Russian propaganda generated by the NATO powers, the Kiev regime in de facto charge of western Ukraine has filed a complaint against Russia in the International Court of Justice in The Hague. The complaint, which reads as a propaganda tract instead of a legal document, and is no doubt crafted for propaganda purposes rather than juridical ones, is a litany of lies and concoctions that, when examined, are a projection onto Russia of the very crimes that the Kiev regime is guilty of. We can have no doubt that when Mr. Poroshenko was presented with the document and the allegations contained in it he must have felt that he was looking into a mirror. journal-neo.org...

Yea well working with Syria,Iran,and Russia might be the best way forward for now .Trump wont have to lift the sanctions to do this .At this point I think Putin will not even broach the sanctions subject .Russia seems to have its go east young man policy in place and the wests too little too late may just be that .

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

YES WE CAN!

Er wait that was last year.

edit on 28-1-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Great point indeed. To add to that point, I'd say it is fair to assume that China was not called. Nikki Haley saying "We're talking names" is telling Putin to decide... China or U.S. Trump is going to dissect China influence... by creating an incision between China government controlled business and China public sector of business... and it will create a divide within China, because the lure of money outside of government control in China will overwhelm their government.

China is buying up U.S. to put it easiest. If China is going to manifest itself so cohesively into the U.S. economy, the only answer is to equal the playing field. The cool factor of it all is that the U.S. does not need to enter the China landscape to achieve success... U.S. only needs to pull financial support out of China.

Within a year's time I guess that we will be debating China as the ones to manage, and it may be in part to U.S./Russia partnership.
edit on 28-1-2017 by ttobban because: incomplete sentence...

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Russia as an ally will isolate China and put pressure on them to listen and behave. I cannot stress enough how crucial it is to cautiously warm relations and turn them into an alliance once Russia proves it's trustworthiness.
I think you may be way off the mark and have it upside down . Russia is probably thinking that it is the US that has to prove its trustworthiness .

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Does he also has plans to speak with the leader of Best Korea Kim Jong Un? He did express his desire to speak him one time and Baby Kim wants to return the favor.

Note: I mean Best Korea in a sarcastic way for those who think I am praising North Korea.

I don't think Trump would even want to talk to Kim. It would be about as productive as talking to the Far left Democrats that are trying to sabotage the presidents attempt to make our countries economy more secure.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

I think you may be way off the mark and have it upside down . Russia is probably thinking that it is the US that has to prove its trustworthiness .

Both countries are suspicious of one another.

The two leaders appear willing to give it a shot, but those behind them are not so sure.

The Trump team is strongly anti Russia, firmly believing that Russia is a bigger threat than China. While Putin's team are extremely cynical. Russia has been double crossed by the west multiple times.

Neither side will dive into new relations without strong reservations.

It will all comer down to both Putin and Trump proving that they are men who back their words up with action.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

It will all comer down to both Putin and Trump proving that they are men who back their words up with action.
Trump represents the US who imposed the sanctions and had their European proxy's to follow suit .If Trump wants to to remove the sanctions then he does not need Russias approval to do so . Maybe its more to do with actions and words later that is needed .Kind of a apology with a oops we are sorry . I wouldn't count on it as that may be a kind of candy Russia doesn't need or want . The US used the stick first ..Putin prepared for war and is ready and so too are the Russians .

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
I kind of look at things like this...

Going back to the Soviet era, U.S. involvement was to establish a democracy. Now that Russia is a capitalist society, for the most part, to keep going at them decade after decade is only expressing that the U.S. is happy only if Russia is destabilized.

It gives the world a bad impression when the world military super power continuously pushes its ways on sectors of the world, then leaves and offers nothing in value to repair the sector when they leave... it has shown to leave a worse state pf affairs in regions these tactics were used.

Befriend Russia... please! Rothschild's will be useless if the top 2 nuclear super powers merge to fight back to Rothschild influence.

Your last paragraph is the key. Ultimately, the Rothschilds and their cohorts are at the root of so many problems that plague the world today.

And last year, Russia banned the entire Rothschild family from being anywhere within the country. The news wasn't very publicised at the time, but it's of major significance.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Exactly!

So, can we move on from attitudes and what was said to get to this point? Not you, but the masses I mean. Because, all words aside, this past election was essentially Rothschild influence vs. the American taken influence of Rothschild influence going forward.

What you say is correct, and I wish every shifted their focus to these areas of thought instead. Putin was prepping for all out war for when Clinton got in office, and she publicly expressed her determination to elevate threats of peace. I was nervous as hell myself that people were getting hung up on attitudes and ignoring actions. Russia sent nuclear subs to Cuba in preparation for Christ sake while we were jibber jabbering about who said what to whom some years back.

So, now that we evaded a possible nuclear event or more, and must allow for the term to see its way through... let's be happy that we are able to peacefully manage what happens going forward. It pains me to see the masses not being thankful for the life we live each day. I am quite happy when I wake up each day to know that at least Nukes aren't flying around yet!

Let's hope the 2 nuclear super powers merge and render world nuclear force to be unlawful!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

McCain, Graham and few others are threatening to codify sanctions against Russia if Trump isn't mean to Putin. These idiots want a war.

<<   2 >>

join