It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congresswoman Exposes Truth On CNN After Secret Visit To Syria, ‘THERE ARE NO MODERATE REBELS’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
ISIS are not bad Muslims... they're the most devout Muslims I've ever seen.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: infolurker

President Trump has already addressed that issue.

Create safe zones in Syria that will be protected.

Ummm...I cant get behind that statement...how about we just back the elected president of Syria and allow his military to safeguard it's citizens...

You would have to be blind to not see the game being played on the Western World by these psychopaths supporting this nonsense!

Now that statement...I totally agree with...

YouSir
edit on 28-1-2017 by YouSir because: I broke the code...

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: seeker1963

President Trump has already addressed that issue.

Create safe zones in Syria that will be protected.

Ummm...I cant get behind that statement...how about we just back the elected president of Syria and allow his military to safeguard it's citizens...

You would have to be blind to not see the game being played on the Western World by these psychopaths supporting this nonsense!

Now that statement...I totally agree with...

YouSir

Ahhhhh!

You Sir, are correct! Thanks for giving me a shake!

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Why do we even care what happens in Syria?

We care...because it was our government that caused the destabilization of not only Syria but also Libya...
Therefore we have a responsibility to the people and government of Syria...and Libya to right the wrongs of that previous administration...AND...certain governmental actors that still remain...John McCain being the chief of them...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Ummm...he's murdering his citizens with barrel bombs...

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Ummm...your welcome my friend...come to think of it...that's the first thing I've ever read of yours that I've even had the slightest disagreement with...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Ummm...back the eff off of my Ummm...chummm...

Prove your statement...and please...Lets not regurgitate the MSM or UN or former administration fake news talking points...
Shall we...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostinamazement
It's got to the point that I have given up trying to read between the lines and see the big picture. It just seems that with such weak attempts at fighting terrorism are we not just poking and fanning the flames.
How could the western world allow the destruction of full countries.....however create enough fear in the hearts of its people then they will allow the government any power to keep them "safe".

When I first started paying attention to important issues in the world I thought the problem was the government and big business.

How wrong was I.

The problem is us....the people.

We know the danger is growing.
We know they are messing with our food and water.
We know they are pumping us with drugs.
We know they are slaughtering million under our names.
We know they are leaving us the scraps from their grand tables.

Yet we know nothing....because we do nothing.

Everyone needs to take a look at themselves and see how weak they really are. Then we can stop this madness and start living together in peace.

I am sad to say, I agree with this.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

No he isn't. He's killing terrorists. Good riddance to them. They won't be missed.

People who side with the terrorists should be labelled terrorists themselves imo. Support for Islamist terrorists in totally unaccpetable especially considering they are self-proclaimed enemies of the western world.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

If there are no moderate rebels, then who were the ones invited to Kazakhstan for peace talks by Russia, Iran and Turkey? It wasn't ISIS or Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (Formerly AL Nusra)..

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I find it funny that people say that those side with terrorists should be labelled terrorists...when it's the government that is doing the labelling...anyone standing against Assad is a terrorist, Because Assad said so.

Have a look at the link I posted above. Russia has organised peace talks with MODERATE rebels, the terrorists have not been invited.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Evidently the terrorists were invited if they were there. It seems to be in everybody's interests if a negotiated end to the war can be reached without further bloodshed. It is not at all uncommon to negotiate an end to hostilities with terrorist organisations, that's how the troubles in Ireland came to an end after all.

Turns out a number of regional commanders valued their own lives, since the ceasefire seems to be holding more often than not.

The best news of course is that the self-proclaimed "moderates" have turned on themselves as a result of the talks

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Whatever evidence I present will be dismissed by you, so don your own research, open your mind and get over yourself.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Ohanka

I find it funny that people say that those side with terrorists should be labelled terrorists...when it's the government that is doing the labelling...anyone standing against Assad is a terrorist, Because Assad said so.

Have a look at the link I posted above. Russia has organised peace talks with MODERATE rebels, the terrorists have not been invited.

You know, we had peace talks with the damned Taliban... and guess what... if they are moderate then what the hell do you call radical?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

You've missed the point.

Russia is calling them rebels, not terrorists.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Whatever evidence I present will be dismissed by you, so don your own research, open your mind and get over yourself.

*Demands evidence and sources for everything others say and dismisses anything that does not align with a liberal mindset

*Does not think he needs to present evidence for anything he himself claims.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Cool story bro.

Google Syria barrel bombs.

Click videos.

Dismiss, deflect, deny.

Enjoy.

And this has nothing to do with liberal or conservatives, it's a bunch of fringe, anti American conspiracy theorists who are parroting what others have said.

edit on 29/1/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
OP...thank you! But anyone in the military, US and others could have told everyone the same. They just don't want to believe it and as typical on the left...they refuse to accept facts.

UTOPIA! At any cost.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

This is IMO the oldest observer to deliver such a statement, he told that at the very begining of the Syrian conflict :

An Eyewitness to the Syrian Rebellion: Father Frans in His Own Words

An examination of texts published by Father Frans van der Lugt in 2011 and 2012 shows that the late Dutch Jesuit priest had a dim view of the Syrian rebellion, which he held to be the work of a violent minority, and favored a process of political reform in Syria to be implemented by the current government under President Bashar Al-Assad.

Father Frans was murdered under still unclarified circumstances in the embattled Syrian city of Homs earlier this month.(April 2014)

From the start, the protest movements were not purely peaceful. From the start I saw armed demonstrators marching along in the protests, who began to shoot at the police first. Very often the violence of the security forces has been a reaction to the brutal violence of the armed rebels.

Moreover, from the start there has been the problem of the armed groups, which are also part of the opposition….The opposition of the street is much stronger than any other opposition. And this opposition is armed and frequently employs brutality and violence, only in order then to blame the government. Many representatives of the government (regeringsmensen – Father Frans might also be referring to supporters of the government) have been tortured and shot dead by them.

In the first place, it has to be said that it is very difficult to provide a nuanced and objective account of what is happening. Many journalists fall into describing matters in black and white. For them, good and evil are not interwoven, but are clearly separated. They demonize the one side and glorify the other. Thus, for example, it is not true that our (the Syrian) government has only bad sides and the opposition only good ones. But because the US, Europe and certain Arab countries support the opposition, they endeavor, whether consciously or unconsciously, to idealize it as much as possible, without engaging in any careful analysis of the real situation. Certain interests are obscuring our view of the real situation and contaminating the description of it.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
ISIS are not bad Muslims... they're the most devout Muslims I've ever seen.

Absolutely! And we need to understand that any Muslim state...Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, etc. are just that...a Muslim state. they are not a country, they are not a group based upon state-hood. They are a religious group no different than a church or a cult. The difference is their religion doesn't preach living together with others in peace...it preaches killing or enslaving every non-Muslim.

We must treat them as we treat the Manson Family, the Mafia, WACO, etc. They will negotiate...but never for peace. Why do you think Isreal and the "Palestinians" can't broker peace?

Peace has NEVER been their goal...and never will be. There was a line in the movie "Independence Day" where the US President asked something like "What can we do to live in peace" and the alien replied "Die".

That is where we are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join