It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apocalyptic Invasion of birds in Texas

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

So apparently this is a normal migrating pattern of these black birds. I have not seen something like this where I live but it is rather cool to see.

I would assume that if you were a traveler to the state and witnessed this for the first time, you may think that something disastrous of seismic proportions is about to happen, like an earthquake.

One person who commented in the second video stated:

I'm from Houston and indeed this is normal migratory behavior for the grackle (locally called black birds.) They often congregate for many hours in huge numbers. It does look like something from an Alfred H. movie but it's normal.

The most apocalyptic thing that will happen in accordance with these birds is poop on cars and unfortunate pedestrians.

Either way I think this was very cool to see, kind of freaky that it reminded me of Resident Evil Extinction crow seen as well

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I live just a few hours from Houston. Yep, this is 100% normal.

What's real fun is when a few hundred of these birds decide to rest in a tree, or a field; and sending the kiddos to run at them for a stretch so they all take flight..kids think its the funniest thing in the world.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Totally normal. They suck. When they try to settle in for the evenings in our trees, I toss a bunch of fireworks in a bucket to scare them off.

Businesses use electronic "predator calls" around the building to deter them. They crap everywhere. Military Dr is SATX used to get hit soo bad the power lines were literally stuffed with them in the evening. Nasty ass Grackles. .

www.mysanantonio.com...
edit on 28-1-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
OP should go to a lake during a mayfly hatch.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

really? go on...

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
are those birds from mexico? I don`t think we can build a wall tall enough to keep "these" illegals out.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: blood0fheroes

Tenaha, TX? Wow. An ex-girlfriend of mine's parents lived off 59 just outside of Tenaha and I visited a few times...NEVER would have thought I'd encounter anyone from that area considering I no longer live in Austin. I believed her brother finished HS in Timpson though...at any rate, totally off topic, but had to drop a line to someone in Tenaha/Timpson, as I, honestly, thought I would never hear of that area again in my life. East Texas is very much like the area I grew up in rural NC. Good people. Hope you're doing well and keep on keeping on in Tenaha/Timpson

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Our human wifi signals are confusing their built in GPS
Or something similar..

they made a experiment with that

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I do love the grackles....so sleek....so black and shiny

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It's good that they are disorganized, it would be terrible if they got organized and all whitewashed someone's car going down the highway. Around here birds only poop on your car after you wash it and wax it. I learned long ago never to wax the car.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Meanwhile in the UK, we have the Starling Murmation's, love it when they come to roost in the trees just down the road

edit on 2017-01-28T14:29:57-06:002017Sat, 28 Jan 2017 14:29:57 -0600bSaturday2901America/Chicago172 by corblimeyguvnor because: typo

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
a reply to: jellyrev

really? go on...

Not the guy you asked, but I have seen in Minnesota and it is unreal. Actually really, really disgusting but I dislike insects and nasty stuff. They are literally everywhere.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
are those birds from mexico? I don`t think we can build a wall tall enough to keep "these" illegals out.

Well, if we are still talking about the birds, Texas wildlife handbook says we can shoot them on sight as soon as they cross the border because they are that bad of a nuisance here.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Every fall on the hill behind the house would fill up with black birds. Birds would show up every day for about a week and fill all the trees up. The hill was about a mile long. It was pretty cool when you were a kid. But then we watched Alfred Hitchcock's movie........The Birds.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Given it is winter, the birds would be moving to the south from the north.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Can you imagine what it was like when passenger pigeons still lived? these blackbird flocks are tiny compared to the size the passenger Pigeon flocks were said to be,blacking out the sky for days as they passed.Sometimes I wish I had lived then,but with my luck the Shawnee would have caught me and that was worse than getting caught by ISIS,lol.Anyway that's normal,huge flocks of blackbirds,grackles,and starlings pass through Tenn. too

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Perhaps a result of earth's magnetic field that is weakening/reversing and the magnetic poles that are on the move?
edit on 28 1 17 by snchrnct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Used to see that with Starlings here in the US. When I was a kid my father had fruit orchards and Starlings, some years would form huge flocks and could wipe out entire cherry crops in a few hours. The invasive species was brought here for pets, but mainly to use the feathers for clothing and hats and they got loose and bred out of control

We had to get a special permit from the local Fire Dept. in those days so we could pump rounds of bird shot up into the trees to save what fruit could be saved. Entire orchards would be black with those damn flying rats. All so the fancy ladies in the 1800's could have the feathers.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I love grackles. comical and intelligent birds. The spring is amazing. Their mating rituals are on display on every island and right of way that has grass. Very interesting to watch the males fluff up and dance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join