It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Johns Hopkins’ Top Psychologist Releases Terrifying Diagnosis of President Trump

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute

Conjecture and supposition. I would think you could do better if you weren't so triggered.......

So apparently any opposition or counter-argument to the koolaide-suckers is now immediately met with a knee-jerk 'triggered' response instead of the evergreen 'but Hillary..' and 'fake news' responses. So let me dive in with some alternative assessments.

Dan P. McAdams did an assessment of Mr. Trump back in June 2016. You can read the article here. Also a mental health professional, McAdams came to the same conclusions as Gartner. So you can ignore these two assessments done by professionals in their field and just keep putting your hands over your ears and saying 'nah-nah-nah-nah'. It doesn't change things.

...and yet the man is President and won by the largest margin of electoral votes in years....signs and wonders. BTW I am sure I can find supporting or contradictory evaluations on nearly anyone in power so it comes down to who you chose to believe....its still all supposition and conjecture and my eyes are wide open.

BTW I read the entire article, thank you for posting it. From what I read it reaffirmed my own assessment of Trump and his motivations and I have no issues with his psychological motivations nor do I find them to detract from his ability to be President...it's as if his whole life has been preparation for this moment in our nations history.
edit on 29-1-2017 by WilliamtheResolute because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute
Try reading the article I posted before you snap-back with a vapid response. It may surprise you --- especially about the popularity aspect.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

a reply to: WilliamtheResolute
Try reading the article I posted before you snap-back with a vapid response. It may surprise you --- especially about the popularity aspect.

Read it, agreed with it......so what. You will survive.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Perhaps we should consider the mental state of a person who feels it valuable to offer a psychological evaluation based on what they watch on TV and without ever meeting the person they are evaluating, and then broadcasting said evaluation.
edit on 29/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yeah - we could do that

At the same time we could also do psyche evaluations of the people who are looking crazy in the face and say nothing

It kills the time

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Yeah - we could do that

At the same time we could also do psyche evaluations of the people who are looking crazy in the face and say nothing

It kills the time

I've been reading some of the petitions today online regarding Trump. Quite a funny read. It appears a lot of people have a lot of time to waste.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Waste? Well, we all value time differently I suppose

Me? I'm just killing time 'til the Apocalypse. Or Trump's last stand. Whichever comes first

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

dude, you posted over 100 times yesterday, LOL! you're ats's number one trump chump and you don't even live here! talk about someone with some time to waste. LOLOL.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I've crossed paths with more than a few shrinks in my day. I'd say more than a few of them were dangerously mentally ill, and were at one time being paid and/or educated by the U.S. government like the president is now.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Yea, we could devalue the work of highly-trained professionals in order to protect our own fragile model of reality. We could just label their work 'false news' and put a gag order on them. Why not? Or perhaps YOU can instruct them on why decades of work evaluating behavioral profiles based upon a person's writings, interviews, appearances, etc. is bogus and the ONLY way to evaluate a person is based upon having them lie on a couch. I'm sure they'd love to hear your take on that. You seem to know a lot more about their profession than they obviously do.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Sorry to correct your grammar, but 100 posts? If that's so, it might be more correct to assume 'trump chumps' instead of 'trump chump'.

Looks like an old-fashioned, all-American example of teamwork here!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
i remember from my own life exactly how wrong psychiatrists can be with their "observations" and i have a hard time believing a word they say is anything but conjecture because at this stage their field is still in its' infancy and they barely truly understand the human mind, they might possess knowledge but they lack wisdom and understanding like everyone else, they are too much like any other person to judge and politically biased crap like this shows exactly what i mean, diagnosing from "observation" and not actually doing a proper examination in person.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Yea, we could devalue the work of highly-trained professionals in order to protect our own fragile model of reality. We could just label their work 'false news' and put a gag order on them. Why not? Or perhaps YOU can instruct them on why decades of work evaluating behavioral profiles based upon a person's writings, interviews, appearances, etc. is bogus and the ONLY way to evaluate a person is based upon having them lie on a couch. I'm sure they'd love to hear your take on that. You seem to know a lot more about their profession than they obviously do.

This guy calls a number of Presidents maniacs, or "hypomaniacs".
Perhaps he should be awarded a degree in the 'bleeding obvious'.
I am sure his next book will sell really well.

edit on 29/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
i remember from my own life exactly how wrong psychiatrists can be with their "observations" and i have a hard time believing a word they say is anything but conjecture because at this stage their field is still in its' infancy and they barely truly understand the human mind, they might possess knowledge but they lack wisdom and understanding like everyone else, they are too much like any other person to judge and politically biased crap like this shows exactly what i mean, diagnosing from "observation" and not actually doing a proper examination in person.

Pretty much, but I will say they are intelligent to know that a sucker is born every minute. I think this is the same guy doing the rounds about Bill Clinton as he was releasing his new Clinton book... I wonder has he got a book about Trump about to hit the shelves

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

so how exactly would they notice he's crazy when they themselves conduct the crazy train?

Because the battle we wage is neither with groups nor individuals but with ignorance. Not only theirs but our own.

It is clear to me now that the author of that article, , is an ignorant snob. I, in my ignorance was suckered in by his false headline of "Top Psychologist" and hence failed to provide as sound an argument as I had intended.

We have both been around her long enough to see how closely the conservative narrative mirrors the liberal narrative, in arguments, in points of order, in so many ways it is difficult to discern if it is not the liberal narrative that does the mirroring. One example is the over the top stereotyping of liberals. One liberal bad, all liberals bad. Yet do we not also see this same stereotyping from liberals on conservatives? I do..

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
Maybe, Trump is just an out of touch, angry, old man !
Or at least, his limited register of facial expressions would suggest...

The seven faces of Donald Trump – a psychologist’s view

If only that were all he is.

I liked the Guardian link you provided. It really deserves a thread of it's own. I especially liked the no. 4 face, the "Big Smile''. Even in that one we can see how much he struggles when he needs to smile. It's kinda like the right side of his face makes it but the left side has a much harder time of it. It seems to only manage strangled grimace.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I'll give the Docs diagnosis about as much credence as this.......

Next.

Forget the diagnosis, no one cares if you supported him or not. No one cares, we have to get beyond the embarrassment for supporting this guy and admit it, this is getting scary. Totalitarianism is here. You have to stop it NOW! Come on with us, you do not want to live under tyranny! He can't make America great, only we can make America great!
edit on 29-1-2017 by CHONGO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Edit: never mind.
edit on 29-1-2017 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

In an incredibly low turnout system where the people themselves are outsiders, I think it could be potentially useful. But it's true that anyone with any motivation to take advantage of that is already a part of the system that feels so far removed from us.

I'm really trying to think happy thoughts at this point.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin
...probably, the only president that was close to "normal" was shot in a 1961 Lincoln Continental 4-door convertible.

And he was accused of being passive-aggressive.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join