It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google calls staffers back to US after Trump order on immigration

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Beware of those bearing social justice from India

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but aren't you an American living in South Korea?

I'm sure you also have opinions on what their government does, so pot meet kettle.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
Some of our best talent for companies are overseas. This entire immigration ban is stupid on so many levels. All this does is unnecessarily disrupt production.....if it's bad enough, it will be passed onto the consumers. First the 20% tax on Mexican imports and now this. Right wing idiots.

All this does is hurt us. Ever heard about "don't cut your nose off to spite your face?" Everything the Trump administration has done since day one has been exactly this.

Makes some people wonder how the U.S. survived the economic booms in the 1950s and 1960s without all this crap !!

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: RAY1990
You're probably talking to the racists who feel nostalgic about corner shops being owned by white guys.

Did you just throw the race-card on me. Ahhhhahahahahaha!!

No ... I'm talking about my brother-in-law who emigrated from South Korea to England. I'm comfortable repeating what he says as an unbiased observation.

My own observations (from middle-America) are quite biased ... but that bias has been earned.

No not at you, at the people you talk to, ironically a bloody immigrant.

Ahhhahahahahaha!?

I love a bit of irony, anyways... What does your brother moan about? I hope he isn't so prejudice that he considers everyone of a brown skin colour is Indian, because we have quite the few Pakistani's too.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

You're probably talking to the racists who feel nostalgic about corner shops being owned by white guys.

Did you just throw the race-card on me. Ahhhhahahahahaha!!

No ... I'm talking about my brother-in-law who emigrated from South Korea to England. I'm comfortable repeating what he says as an unbiased observation.

My own observations (from middle-America) are quite biased ... but that bias has been earned.

No not at you, at the people you talk to, ironically a bloody immigrant.

I love a bit of irony, anyways... What does your brother moan about? I hope he isn't so prejudice that he considers everyone of a brown skin colour is Indian, because we have quite the few Pakistani's too.

Good ... as my wife is a "bloody immigrant" and I love her without constraint.

The folks I know from India assure me that I wouldn't be able distinguish a Paki from them ... as they are unable to themselves. And if that's true, what difference does it make? How's that for irony?

And my brother-in-law? He's gay. I don't think he's got a definable prejudiced bone in his body. I'd appreciate it if you don't disparage him further. He's lived in England for more than thirty years, he gets paid more than I do, and he is nothing close to being reclusive. I'd credit him with enough wisdom, time and experience under his belt to make a knowledgeable call.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: Violater1

"America first". How many times we need to repeat it. What do they think it means?

The real world is Global.

It ain't gonna be put back in the bottle.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ROBOTNINJADRAGON

So you point is:?

America can not produce engineers? I have two brothers both are engineers.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

All what you said is good and well, Pakistani and Indian are alike in more ways than one despite the short history they live.

Why do you always hit these boards with your bias? You cannot deny it, you always have venom in your bite... Your first post in this thread was wishing it was in the mud pit. So you could spit some more of that acrid nastiness I've come to know you for.

Your brother is more than welcome here, he clearly provides himself as a cog and I believe every cog is vital, right down to the last.

We could have got off on a different foot, I'll not blame you for that. In fact, I commend you for breaking a few barriers here.

I disagree that Indians are a scourge here, if anything they've contributed much more than they could ever take.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I don't want to be taken at face value. The people who do that ... I just don't have time for. More than a few have come to see through the facade. You, my Aenglish cousins, have a most difficult time with me. I wish it wasn't so.

I had a smile on my face as I typed this.

Cheers!!

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Tickle me coloured

Is your bark much worse than your bite?

No need to answer that, I feel we communicated.

Acceptance is a far greater thing than denouncement.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Nope. It doesn't work like that. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yeah it actually does. If you are nto willing to assimilate into the culture you are not loyal to said country and are a liability.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join