It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google calls staffers back to US after Trump order on immigration

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
President Trump's executive order suspends all immigration from countries with terrorism concerns for 90 days. The three-month ban in the directive applied to Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen. This has Sundar Pichi worried.

Sundar Pichai, Google's CEO, wrote a memo to staffers to get back to the U.S. as soon as possible.
In his memo he wrote, "It’s painful to see the personal cost of this executive order on our colleagues. We’ve always made our view on immigration issues known publicly and will continue to do so.”
www.foxnews.com...
If they love it so much in the U.S., why not apply for citizenship? If they want to stay home, OK, let them. It’s not the first time a global meeting would have to take place over the internet.

edit on V502017Saturdayam31America/ChicagoSat, 28 Jan 2017 09:50:41 -06001 by Violater1 because: forgot link to source.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Wow!! Excellent thread.

I wish it was in the Mud Pit where I could express my unadulterated views on what this anti-American CEO is on about.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Google was part of the same gang that bent over backwards for Hillary and supported globalism.

Personally, i think they deserve whatever hardships they get.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

"America first". How many times we need to repeat it. What do they think it means?

This is a government putting its country first and that is good. Google CEO doesn't understand or just another Anti Trump.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

Google was part of the same gang that bent over backwards for Hillary and supported globalism.

His statements reinforce every reason there is for cutting off immigration to the US.

Here you've got an immigrant from one of the most populous (if not the most populous) country on Earth. He's had the entire world handed to him ... and then he's critical of the President of his adopted country. It shouldn't matter to him who won. What should matter is that the people spoke. What becomes obvious ... is that this immigrant is unwilling to accept what the people of this country roared out, "We're tired of giving everything away!!"

If I had the power, I'd kick him, and everyone who was of Indian descent, out of America to teach the entire world a lesson.

The entire country of England is overrun with Indian immigrants. They're not assimilating. They're invading. Same thing is happening in America ... and very very few seem to be seeing it.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Google uses quite a few H1-N1 workers. As do many US companies. It's pretty common in tech work.

The BLATANT STUPIDITY arises in that this CEO actually LET any of is workers attend things overseas past the second Trump was inaugurated. Conferences should have been rescheduled, ect... There were too many variables and a lack of knowledge in which way our government was going to react.

BTW this happens a LOT and is common in international commerce.
Whether it's the former Air and rail strikes in France, a impending hurricane in Indonesia, or regional political instability in tech happy Eastern Bloc Countries.

What Googles CEO isn't telling you is most of is people can work remotely, so his whining not only emphasizes his lack of foresight and stupidity, but it's GRANDSTANDING.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Indian's came here waaay back now.

They've assimilated, for the most part. We are not overrun. You're probably talking to the racists who feel nostalgic about corner shops being owned by white guys.

Fact is, white people wanted to close shop at 5-6pm. It's no wonder Indians who got into the retail business ended up doing better, they were willing to work long hours.

Truth be told, Brit's would have hell on if they couldn't get a pint of milk at 9pm. Especially now.

We love our curry houses, Indians are more than welcome and that includes the stereotypical services they provide.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Wow!! Excellent thread.

I wish it was in the Mud Pit where I could express my unadulterated views on what this anti-American CEO is on about.

Thank you.
The title I used came from Foxnews. What I feel is important is, the CEO is NOT calling people back to the USA.
It has the feel that their home is here in the U.S. but it is NOT. Hence they need visas. The Goog CEO is calling them back over to the U.S., they are not citizens of the USA. And I agree with you, he has made an anti-American stance.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
You're probably talking to the racists who feel nostalgic about corner shops being owned by white guys.

Did you just throw the race-card on me. Ahhhhahahahahaha!!

No ... I'm talking about my brother-in-law who emigrated from South Korea to England. I'm comfortable repeating what he says as an unbiased observation.

My own observations (from middle-America) are quite biased ... but that bias has been earned.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The scrambling is starting at the high levels.

Let 'em all prove their cases.

The phonies are getting bleached out.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Well, didn't even know he was Google's CEO.

I wonder what my chance is, being South African that is, immigrating to the US?

I became a Trumper.. well since he ran against Hillary. Man, no words for such evil as her.

Need to give the man a chance. One cannot do all at all once, though, he's been "doing" it. I don't agree with all, but I do with his majority decisions.

So, go Trump..

From South Africa.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I'm guessing you are the kind of person who crosses the street to avoid black people, assume that minorities are criminals, etc, etc. Your opinion is ironic considering your ancestors are immigrants themselves and this country was built by immigrants. The problem with my countrymen is they seem to forget that, for instance, no Syrian immigrant has harmed anyone in the US. When WE are the reason immigrants are displaced through the CONSTANT bombing of their home countries, we have an obligation to protect them because we are the root cause for their suffering. People like you make me sick. Total #ing hypocrites.

Oh and btw, that AMERICAN employs 61,814 employees. What do you do?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdChillin

I'm guessing you are the kind of person who crosses the street to avoid black people, assume that minorities are criminals, etc, etc. Your opinion is ironic considering your ancestors are immigrants themselves and this country was built by immigrants. The problem with my countrymen is they seem to forget that, for instance, no Syrian immigrant has harmed anyone in the US. When WE are the reason immigrants are displaced through the CONSTANT bombing of their home countries, we have an obligation to protect them because we are the root cause for their suffering. People like you make me sick. Total #ing hypocrites.

Oh and btw, that AMERICAN employs 61,814 employees. What do you do?

You are only a Immigrant IF you are going to assimilate. otherwise you are just a visitor with unclear loyalties.
Refugees from other countries should do as Americans did and stay and fight for their lands and freedom. If they cant do that we dont need them because they have no pride in where hey reside.
And No we do not have a obligation to protect them. If they are in their countries and not here. they have no right to our protection. Go run to the UN or grow some balls and fight back.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdChillin

When WE are the reason immigrants are displaced through the CONSTANT bombing of their home countries,

When did we bomb India?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

His statements reinforce every reason there is for cutting off immigration to the US.

Here you've got an immigrant from one of the most populous (if not the most populous) country on Earth. He's had the entire world handed to him ... and then he's critical of the President of his adopted country.

Hahaha, boohoo, an immigrant with an opinion, cut off his country from immigration!

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Some of our best talent for companies are overseas. This entire immigration ban is stupid on so many levels. All this does is unnecessarily disrupt production.....if it's bad enough, it will be passed onto the consumers. First the 20% tax on Mexican imports and now this. Right wing idiots.

All this does is hurt us. Ever heard about "don't cut your nose off to spite your face?" Everything the Trump administration has done since day one has been exactly this.
edit on 28-1-2017 by SeekingAlpha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

edit on 28-1-2017 by SeekingAlpha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

What America is no capable of producing educated technicians and engineers?

How about doctors, I see I guess American born are to stupid to compete with the H1 B visa that private companies has been behind it to insource labor force in those exactly fields.

Meanwhile America students graduate with a whole bunch of debt and have a hard time finding job competing with the H1 B visa group.

America needs job, I say eradicate the H1 B visas, no more outsourcing of prime jobs.

Before America was gutted out for crappy trade agreements and outsourcing, then insourcing, we were doing just fine as a productive and prosperous nation.

edit on 28-1-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

If I had the power, I'd kick him, and everyone who was of Indian descent, out of America to teach the entire world a lesson.

Then America would become very poor. Don't you get it, these are the people doing the real work in America. These are the hard working, smart, educated, intelligent, innovative folks that are contributing their skills to Make America Great. While other homegrown Americans sit around and complain, and do nothing.

This is the way the world works right now: The "Indians" design everything, The "Chinese" make everything, The "Americans" (and western nations) own the patents to all these things.

Americans hire the Indians to design, and hire the Chinese to manufacture, but ownership is still American.

It's a mystery why the Indians design for others, and the Chinese manufacture other peoples products.

What happens when all these people start "owning" their own designs and manufactured goods?

America is still the largest patent holder in the world.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

What America is no capable of producing educated technicians and engineers?

Asking why America can't train all their own Engineers is really funny if you understand why that isn't possible. Google is closing in on 70,000 employee's and complains they don't have enough Engineers.

You just don't understand the caliber it takes to be an Engineer. Or how many different types of Engineers there are. And how many different jobs and functions each one has.

There are around 15 million Engineers and Scientists in the United States and 50k~ graduate a year with Masters.

The majority of the scare involving our 'Engineers education' is that even with 50k graduates a year, they do not offset the population of Baby Boomer's that are retiring, so the field is reducing. That's the main reason people are scared. This isn't solely because America is stupid. It's because population drop off. S&E(Science and Engineering) have low unemployment rates. It isn't an Arts degree. These jobs survive through recessions very well, and college unemployment stories seem less relevant to this field than any. Most Engineers are that kid that takes a year off to travel the world first. Many coming to America, are that same kid.

To put it differently, you might seem to think training our own engineers will result in the same technology. It won't. A huge reason Engineers are imported is because what they have created, Americans want, not their 'general labor'. If an Indian invents a amazing computer, or even software, they don't just import models. Many times the developer travels to America to create similar systems other people cannot.
edit on 28-1-2017 by ROBOTNINJADRAGON because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join