It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iraq Votes: Defiant Iraqis Vote in Their Millions Despite Bombs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
iraqthemodel.blogspot.com...

That's a blog put together by 3 Sunni brothers. Check it out. They don't like the US being there still, but they see it as a neccessary evil. They want us to stay until their legitimate government asks us to leave: not our own exit strategy. We've come much farther in this than anyone expected, except for us "blind" followers of Bush. Funny, turns out we're right. Who's blind now?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
If a thousand Iraqis had voted a message would have been sent. Now with millions voting many messages have been sent.

I applaud the Iraqis and wish them all the best. Those folks know better than board posters what hell lay ahead of them yet still turned out and voted.

The ones that didn't vote will cry for years but Iraq will move onward.

the 'blind followers' still can't see

[edit on 1-2-2005 by JoeDoaks]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
janus posted "Im glad that the Iraqis are having a shot at Democracy but i fear that it will not change much in the Violent situation the US and UK find themselves. "

I wholly agree. Democracy is not the panacea of the world. It does not work everywhere and takes a lot of up keep. This may not be the government style for Iraq. Also, the UK is not a democracy it is a constitutional monarchy. the monarchy holds little to no power but still exists.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This captures the state of mind of many people posting here:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
This captures the state of mind of many people posting here:

Your post wreaks of ignorance. You need to pry your cranium out of your rectum.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This is one step closer to them being a better nation. They are very weak because of how unorganized they are, but the fighters and terrorists are a threat.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join