It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kite In The Storm [STT2017]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Ben was having fun one night, playing in the rain and flying his kite,
when from the heaven above, lightning struck and took him by surprise!

The moment he realized the shock was there, he ended up in 2017 with only his hair and a book of his quotes
on the ground at his feet!

Where did that come from he wondered, he didn't remember ever writing this book, this town looks familiar though, is that the Bell?

Philadelphia? What the hell? It sure has changed, how can this be, I must be dreaming he thought, until the bus almost ran him over.

Freedom and liberty go hand in hand, what has happened to this great land? Some guy named Trump has taken over, does he know what America was founded on?

When we founding father's got together and decided to write the Declaration of Independence,
it was with the express reason to separate us from tyranny and to allow for a reasonable ability to make decisions with democratic thought.

Freedom of speech and the right to bear arms, freedom from taxation without representation, freedom from religious persecution...where have all these freedoms gone? It comes as no surprise, they have disappeared, after 200 years we are worse off than ever.

Ben had come to the inevitable conclusion, it is time to write another draft of independence, one that brings us and him back to the original intent and content, 2017 is not for me, thank god it was all a dream!

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
All for naught.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: sweetypie215
All for naught.

Nope..I read it and it was a good story..so, a S&F from me.

Thanks for taking the time to write it. Won't be part of the contest..but, people will read it and flag it anyways if they like it.

never a waste to try..

blend57

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: sweetypie215

I enjoyed it. Make sure to enter the next competition

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sweetypie215

That was really good s/f

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link