It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump refugee ban: 'arrivals from targeted countries stopped at US airports'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

sorry but, i just don't understand your post. anti gun i guess? are you aware that is anti american? anyone who would take firearms away from law abiding U.S citizens is a problem, i mean what are you gonna do to protect your self from the crazy illegal imigrants? or the drugy from the hood that thinks you got something nice to steal and sell so he can get more drugs? you are aware that cops are only good after the crime has been committed right? and from my understanding, its not the legally bought handguns that kill so many people, i know some do, but most are gained thru illegal means.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: luke1212

sorry but, i just don't understand your post. anti gun i guess? are you aware that is anti american? anyone who would take firearms away from law abiding U.S citizens is a problem, i mean what are you gonna do to protect your self from the crazy illegal imigrants? or the drugy from the hood that thinks you got something nice to steal and sell so he can get more drugs? you are aware that cops are only good after the crime has been committed right? and from my understanding, its not the legally bought handguns that kill so many people, i know some do, but most are gained thru illegal means.

Exactly. There are law abiding refugees too. They deserve certain human rights, such as not having to live in daily fear of their children being blown to bits. Most refugees don't want to kill anyone, they just want to have their human rights to life.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Yes, that's true, but again, that wouldn't be a problem if they were not here.

We don't need them here and if we tend to the refugee camps, they don't need to be here.

Put another way, assuming you are female US American, why do you WANT them here? You want to wear a burqa? They don''t share your liberal values. I dont understand that.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
First of all, there are Muslims whose families have been here for many generations. They go to Mosques too. Are you saying we should kick all those people out?

Why would I have to wear a burqa? What a silly question. There are lots of Americans who don't share my liberal values, but I have never advocated that they be kicked out of the country. Yes, that means you can stay. As long as the laws are followed, I'm okay with people of differing values.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Letting security risks run free in the name of love is just about the dumbest thing any country can do. Just ask saudi arabia and friends, they seem to agree. Common sense.
So, you're "all for" surveillance, right?

Profiling? Rounding up and separating out people whose existence you don't approve of and whose condition is none of your concern?

Is that what you have in mind?

oh - trivial fact you just reminded me of! .....
Yesterday was the 72nd "birthday" of the release of people from the concentration camps like Auschwitz and Dachau. Many many millions of people died before that.

That day, we came for the nazis.....

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: UKTruth

An executive order is not "the government". Did Congress pass this?

Congress are not required.

The Executive branch of your govt makes the decision and relies on the intelligence information provided by the agencies under the Executive branch's remit. Congress are not responsible for running the country, they are responsible for passing new law.

Your opinion of the current process is irrelevant. Your govt have assessed that the vetting is not robust enough.

edit on 28/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

First of all, there are Muslims whose families have been here for many generations. They go to Mosques too. Are you saying we should kick all those people out?

Why would I have to wear a burqa? What a silly question. There are lots of Americans who don't share my liberal values, but I have never advocated that they be kicked out of the country. Yes, that means you can stay. As long as the laws are followed, I'm okay with people of differing values.

Well it sucks to be you then, because they will not tolerate your values.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Congress are not required.

The Executive branch of your govt makes the decision and relies on the intelligence information provided by the agencies under the Executive branch's remit. Congress are not responsible for running the country, they are responsible for passing new law.

NO. The "executive branch" states its case, and then sits down while the "order" (suggestion) is passed along. And apparently, watches lots of TV and loves Twitter.
Then waits for everyone else to do the job.

no.
Congress, the Supreme Court, and ALL OF THE DEPARTMENTS (including the Pentagon) have to be complicit. He's just one guy, pretending this is a Reality-TV thing.....but see - the rest of the world isn't buying it.

Sry, bro
edit on 1/28/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: luke1212

Exactly. There are law abiding refugees too. They deserve certain human rights, such as not having to live in daily fear of their children being blown to bits. Most refugees don't want to kill anyone, they just want to have their human rights to life.

True, and they can be helped in or closer to their own homes.
Their rights do not extend to a home in the US.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

???????????????????

Just....

no.

You will have to explain.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

THERE ARE NO SAFE ZONES FOR THEM TO GO TO!!!!

Stop yor liberal autistic screeching.

The USA people have spoken! They dont want to dregs of the world to end up in the USA and wrecking it like as happend in mainland Europe.

The votes been done, Trump has been elected and for the next 4 years there will be no refugees from these radicalized hell holes.

Save your time and energy and quit your bitching. Want to change ? Try and find a electable democrat candiate for th next election....

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AceWombat04
Evidently the ban will also include green card holders - legal permanent U.S. residents who are not citizens.

www.reuters.com...

Peace.

This is disturbing. Permanent residents are vetted before giving Green Cards, so they are banned, but visitors from Saudi, UAE, Qatar are allowed? I don't understand the logic behind this.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Well it sucks to be you then, because they will not tolerate your values.

Seeing the refugees we have in my town already, I think they tolerate my values more than my fellow conservative citizens.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: VimanaExplorer

Evidently the ban will also include green card holders - legal permanent U.S. residents who are not citizens.

www.reuters.com...

Peace.

This is disturbing. Permanent residents are vetted before giving Green Cards, so they are banned, but visitors from Saudi, UAE, Qatar are allowed? I don't understand the logic behind this.

Welcome to the world of Trump and the conservative right. It ain't about logic.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

An executive order is not "the government". Did Congress pass this?

"The Government" (congress) gave a President wide authority to deny entry for any reason including religious affiliation. Hence the executive order is based congressional authority.

Via 8 USC, 1182

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I will not stop. I will be marching and protesting in my local area. I will sign petitions against this disregard for human rights. I will be contacting my congresspeople to voice my complaints.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

And you will be wasting your time and breath.

Want to make a diffrence?

Why dont you volneteer and go to a refugee camp in the middle east for a couple of years?
You will make more of a diffrence than protesting for a cause your current president and people dont give a # about.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Trust me, there are lots and lots of people who agree with me.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: VimanaExplorer

www.reuters.com...

Peace.

Looks like fake news. There is nothing in the EO that bans green card holders.

This story is speculation based on interpretation:

Since the order’s travel ban applies to all “aliens” — a term that encompasses anyone who isn’t an American citizen — it could bar those with current visas or even green cards from returning to the U.S. from trips abroad, said Stephen Legomsky, a former chief counsel to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services under President Obama. If applied literally, this provision would bar even those visitors who had made temporary trips abroad, for example a student who went home on winter break and is now returning,” Legomsky said on Friday evening executive order.

If you start seeing holiday makers not allowed back in then you'll know it's true. I highly doubt it though. Sounds like more propaganda.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

And you will be wasting your time and breath.

Want to make a diffrence?

Why dont you volneteer and go to a refugee camp in the middle east for a couple of years?
You will make more of a diffrence than protesting for a cause your current president and people dont give a # about.

She won't as it has been clear for some time she does not give a damn about refugees, only virtue signalling and using this as a political tool to wield.
There are no arguments the liberals are making that hold any water at all - they have to exist in a vacuum to all other considerations and solutions in order to even seem sane.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join