It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump refugee ban: 'arrivals from targeted countries stopped at US airports'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: UKTruth

Nope. The joker fits better for you.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone
a reply to: kaylaluv

pamelageller.com...

Muslim countries refuse to take Muslim refugees, fear terrorism

“Muslim Countries refuse to take a single Syrian refugee, cite risk of exposure to terrorism.” You can’t make this stuff up. If commentators in the West expresses such legitimate fears, they are racist-islamophobic-anti-Muslim-bigots.

“Refugees welcomed by the world’s wealthiest Muslim countries: Saudi: 0, Kuwait: 0, Qatar: 0, Emirates: 0, Bahrain: 0.” And why is nothing expected of Muslim countries? The soft bigotry of low expectations

But the fact is that this massive migration is a societal failure. It is a result of Islamic rule. .Winston Churchill said in 1899: “Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world.”

And while I do believe that these Muslims countries fear jihadists who threaten their reign, I also believe that these Muslim leaders see it as the hijrah into Europe: the Islamic colonization of Europe.

Trump will know this too as it is common knowledge. He's actually talked about those countries taking no refugees.
The only people who seem to be unaware are liberals - or maybe it's just another inconvenient truth they would prefer to ignore.
edit on 28/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

So because Saudi Arabia is a crappy country that is known for ignoring civil and human rights, America should copy them?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

So because Saudi Arabia is a crappy country that is known for ignoring civil and human rights, America should copy them?

No. As your President has pointed out, pressure should be exerted to ensure countries in the middle east set up safe zones to quickly house refugees instead of flying them all around the world to completely different cultures. This will ensure they are not blown up and killed, plus make it much easier for them to return to their country when things have settled down.
Maybe it's just too much common sense for you.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

No. As your President has pointed out, pressure should be exerted to ensure countries in the middle east set up safe zones to quickly house refugees

And what if they don't because they are crappy? What then? Oh well, too bad, so sad?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

No. As your President has pointed out, pressure should be exerted to ensure countries in the middle east set up safe zones to quickly house refugees

And what if they don't because they are crappy? What then? Oh well, too bad, so sad?

Perhaps your efforts should be directed in protesting against Saudi Arabia and the other countries, supporting your President in ensuring that it happens. It would fill the time between now and fixing the failed vetting process.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I have no say in what happens in Saudi Arabia. I DO have a say in what happens in my own country.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I have no say in what happens in Saudi Arabia. I DO have a say in what happens in my own country.

You have a voice, but you only want to use it to attack your President.
You obviously don't really care about refugees and are just using their plight for political purposes. If you cared, you would be speaking up to help ensure the best option for them was highlighted. I am sure the Saudi's are delighted to see you complain and protest against your President. It takes the news cycle off them.

Here is a letter from a refugee. It's one of nearly 30,000 voices who have signed this letter. Please read it and understand. Refugees don't just want to be safe. They want their homeland. Your solutions make YOU feel all warm and fuzzy, but not them.

I’m writing this to you from a refugee camp in Germany. All the Syrians here are so grateful for the welcome people have given us but we want to live in Syria, not Germany.
I was 22 when the fighting started in 2011. I was living in a neighbourhood called Ghouta, a short drive from Damascus. A year after the uprising the regime of Bashar al-Assad placed Ghouta under siege - this means nothing comes in or out - no food, no medicine, nothing. A year after that the regime attacked us with chemical weapons and more than a thousand were gassed to death. For years they have also dropped barrel bombs and missiles on us from regime aircraft. Normally we got struck eight times a day. How could we continue to survive that hell on earth? I had to cross twenty checkpoints on fake documents to make it out of Syria. Each time your heart stops as you know that there is a chance you will be arrested and taken away. I made it out and survived a death boat. I have survived so many ways a human being can be killed. At home I was a medical student. We had so many attacks I assisted more surgeries than most surgeons do by the time they retire. My dream is to only have to perform ‘normal surgeries’, what I trained for, not picking shrapnel from bombs out of children's limbs. We cannot go back while the war continues which is why we are asking for you to do everything you can to stop the war. All your governments agree there needs to be a political transition in Syria but no amount of words have made it happen. The Assad regime is still in power, killing seven times more civilians than Isis. World leaders have to act to stop the bombs from the sky. We can survive sniper fire, chemicals but the barrel bombs are unbearable. A no-fly zone or creation of safe zones would save lives instantly. And I would be the first person on the plane home. Right now everybody in Europe is talking about us refugees. But not many are listening to us.

Please sign this petition to Europe’s leaders asking them to do more to stop the bombs and help us return home. Abo Adnan.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I was fighting for refugees before Trump even ran for president, so there's a lie right there.

Our country is rich and abundant. We can help others who are in desperate need of safety from the horrors of wars and terrorism. We can help those who are begging us for sanctuary. They are begging us for our help.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

No. As your President has pointed out, pressure should be exerted to ensure countries in the middle east set up safe zones to quickly house refugees instead of flying them all around the world to completely different cultures. This will ensure they are not blown up and killed, plus make it much easier for them to return to their country when things have settled down.
Maybe it's just too much common sense for you.

I was about to respond with a similar response.

Liberals are doing their best to call us bigots and racists for any argument against "refugee's" and thats about all we ever hear but not one ever points out that their fellow muslim countries and then even the richest of them spit these people out over security concerns because they know they would be allowing a lot of terrorists into their country.

And then once they are hear we are racists and biggots for expressing concern about islamic terrorisme. Then when they do in fact execute mass murdering of people in islamic terrorist act, we still get called biggots and racists. And then they aplaud a president that wants to ban people from saying the words "islamic terrorism" all the while while countries like saudi arabia refuses to take them because of that same terrorism.

Also the fact that a lot of these people died because they attempted to cross oceans in rubber boats because countries like saudi arabia refused them access. But hey, lets not worry about that lets point the finger at "white supremacist" america.

All this is the same reason you dont see these "progressives" with signs in their hands standing up for homosexuals in saudi arabia and iraq or iran. They dont really care. So they do it here where we only have a couple of million gay clubs and open gay parades.

And again fact remains that most of these so called refugee's come from all over the world and not syria, i was not aware there was a world war going on for which america needs to open its doors.

They dont have much of a argument but they sure know how to point the finger at the wrong people.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSat, 28 Jan 2017 09:11:13 -06001720171America/Chicago by everyone because: typo

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I was fighting for refugees before Trump even ran for president, so there's a lie right there.

Our country is rich and abundant. We can help others who are in desperate need of safety from the horrors of wars and terrorism. We can help those who are begging us for sanctuary. They are begging us for our help.

Read the letter.

Here is a snippet if you can't be bothered:

A no-fly zone or creation of safe zones would save lives instantly. And I would be the first person on the plane home. Right now everybody in Europe is talking about us refugees. But not many are listening to us

It really time to open your ears and shut your mouth.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Of course it is better for them to live in their home country. Of course we should be trying to fix things over there (even though there are many conservatives who say we should butt out and only work to fix our own country).

But until Trump magically fixes things over there, he should offer innocent refugees and their families a temporary sanctuary.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Of course it is better for them to live in their home country. Of course we should be trying to fix things over there (even though there are many conservatives who say we should butt out and only work to fix our own country).

But until Trump magically fixes things over there, he should offer innocent refugees and their families a temporary sanctuary.

Temporary sanctuaries are already available in Europe, closer to their homes.
There is no need for temporary sanctuary in the USA. The USA could more easily fund the creation of more camps.

Again, from the letter from a refugee, who I suspect knows a little more about their plight than you.

A no-fly zone or creation of safe zones would save lives instantly.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

We have camps. FEMA. If this isn't a "Federal Emergency" I don't know what is.
Spending even more money on 'camps' is unnecessary, and blanket banning of people from certain countries is discrimination with no holds barred.

Why is it, anyway, that you are so defensive of our nation? You know Teresa May and Trump are gonna be besties, right?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

America safety first that is the job of the American government, then after the nation is safe we can turn the eye to help anybody else, but first is America and that is the end of the rant.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

When will you know it's safe, marg?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

We have camps. FEMA. If this isn't a "Federal Emergency" I don't know what is.
Spending even more money on 'camps' is unnecessary, and blanket banning of people from certain countries is discrimination with no holds barred.

Why is it, anyway, that you are so defensive of our nation? You know Teresa May and Trump are gonna be besties, right?

Why fly them thousands of miles to live in camps when they are already available for them closer to home?
Open your ears and listen to what these people actually want.
Whilst you try to herd them around for political reasons, the real solutions get drowned out.

Here is a thought, if you REALLY want to put pressure on Trump. Hold his feet to the fire on safe zones, now he has said he will do it within his executive order. Protest that if he fails to follow through.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Letting security risks run free in the name of love is just about the dumbest thing any country can do. Just ask saudi arabia and friends, they seem to agree. Common sense.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Its nothing discriminatory for a leader to keep the people and country he was elected and represent safe. That is one of the reason he was elected, if you don't like what he is doing, become a president and see what happen when you open the borders to everybody.

You will face the same end as the Democratic party did the last elections.

End of rant.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Then when they do in fact execute mass murdering of people in islamic terrorist act, we still get called biggots and racists.

When did that happen?
I thought it was all home-grown nutjobs that mass murder people here. Even the Boston Bombers were citizens.

If we ban all foreigners, ISIS has won. It's not like they murdered all those people in Paris and then said, "well, that's that, then!" and closed things down.

The decimation of our world heritage, and the slaughter and displacement of civilians is horrendous. It's no different from any other war of aggression in history.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join