It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump refugee ban: 'arrivals from targeted countries stopped at US airports'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: slider1982

America has some of the strictest vetting systems for refugees. I am not advocating that we start letting people in willy nilly. I am simply advocating for continuing to allow refugees in using our existing vetting system. It's worked very well so far.

The biggest problem is that our previous administration decided that we didn't need to use a vetting system and did if fact allow immigration in a "willy nilly" fashion. Obama went so far as to sign an executive order to strike the vetting laws from the books just before he left office. Trump just wants to straighten out the situation and get a firm handle on it before he allows any more people in as the previous administration did.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

America has some of the strictest vetting systems for refugees.

Can send me a source for the procedure that a refugee has to go through to gain access to the USA using refugee status please,

RA

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

Yes. In both cases, vetting is a good idea. Vet the people who are going to buy guns and vet the people who are seeking sanctuary. It's what we already do in America, however I'd say our current vetting system for refugees is a lot stricter than our vetting system for who gets to buy a gun. It's something we need to work on.

What we don't need to do is ban all people from having guns or ban all refugees from coming here. Vetting is the key. We already have a good vetting system for refugees. Let's continue to use it and allow the ones who pass the vetting system to come in.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Why can't they go to Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Oman, Bahrain... ?

All Islamic nations with plenty of resources and more able to assimilate them into their culture. And more importantly NOT on the other side of the planet.

Would make it easier for them to return home after the conflict, give them the opportunity to more easily organize to oust the terrorists from their home countries...

Having them come to the US makes no sense at all.
edit on 28-1-2017 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

Can you show me a link where Obama erased all vetting procedures to let anyone in?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...
edit on 28-1-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I've still yet to see a valid quote on banning all of any *insert people*... I've see various things, but nothing blanket. I'm sure muslims from Indonesia can still happily visit the US. or wherever else. just not where the issues are which is where the problem stems.

stop assuming... start thinking...

link   

a reply to: trollz

And banning all Muslims refugees just prevents innocent people from sanctuary.

You do realize that banning Muslims won't stop the ones born here from getting radicalized?

Another stupid argument. You are on a roll today.
The ban is not designed to eradicate risk relating to people already in the country. It is one step.
Doing nothing about more terrorists entering the country because terrorists are already in the country sounds like, well, liberal logic.

link   

hey Kayla....wheres your bleeding heart for the 30,000 KIDS who die EVERY SINGLE DAY in Africa from lack of clean water???

who deserves our assistance more?

and by the way, Trump should totally allow all women and children from any war torn country to come here if its economically viable to do so.

resources.....theyre a b**** arent they?
edit on 28-1-2017 by tribal because: spelling

edit on 28-1-2017 by tribal because: revised stat

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The 9/11 and San Bernardino attackers came from Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, UAE, and Egypt.

But Trump has business interests in Saudi Arabia and Egypt.

Priorities.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

a reply to: brutus61

Can you show me a link where Obama erased all vetting procedures to let anyone in?

Not at the moment but there were several threads about it here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: twfau
The 9/11 and San Bernardino attackers came from Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, UAE, and Egypt.

But Trump has business interests in Saudi Arabia and Egypt.

Priorities.

Weird how they all happened under the bush and obama administration...
edit on 28-1-2017 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I don't know how many times I must say this.

We. have. an. existing. refugee. vetting. system. that. works.

How many refugees in America have committed terrorist attacks?

How many people in America have committed terrorist attacks (since 9/11) who were either born in America or who have become citizens?

link   
Alrighty, is this one of those long awaited jobs programs?

link   

a reply to: trollz

And banning all Muslims refugees just prevents innocent people from sanctuary.

You do realize that banning Muslims won't stop the ones born here from getting radicalized?

First, guns and immigrants are two entirely different things.

Do you remember when there was that big Ebola outbreak? Do you remember what we did? We banned people from travelling into the US from countries with high rates of Ebola. Nobody had any problem with that, of course, because Ebola is bad. Nobody cared when we said "Ok, Sierra Leone has a bunch of people with Ebola, so we're not gonna let people fly here from Sierra Leone until the Ebola is taken care of". Radicalization functions alot like a virus. When people live in areas with high rates of radicalization, they're more likely to have radical beliefs. Someone could fly into the country apparently symptom-free, but in reality they get sick a few days later, and suddenly, Ebola outbreak. Anyone with radical beliefs can simply claim they're peaceful, law-abiding citizens. The point is not taking unnecessary risks when we have no obligation to take those risks in the first place.
It would be far better for the world and more effective to fight the sources of radicalization, such as terror groups like ISIS where they operate, so that people don't have to flee here. So... If you want to help people who feel the need to flee, then let's do the right thing and help them at the source... Like Trump wants to do.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...

Your view on the existing process is irrelevant. The people that have to make that determination - the govt led by President Trump - have said that vetting is not good enough. You should welcome this honesty from the govt.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Refusing sanctuary to innocent refugees cuz Muslims r bad sounds like, well, conservative logic.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

How many refugees have committed terrorist acts in America?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I don't know how many times I must say this.

We. have. an. existing. refugee. vetting. system. that. works.

How many refugees in America have committed terrorist attacks?

How many people in America have committed terrorist attacks (since 9/11) who were either born in America or who have become citizens?

You can repeat a lie all you like.
Your govt disagrees with you and are taking steps to do something about it.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Refusing sanctuary to innocent refugees cuz Muslims r bad sounds like, well, conservative logic.

The term you are looking for is radical islamic terrorists. Repeat it a few times. It might help you.
edit on 28/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join