It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump refugee ban: 'arrivals from targeted countries stopped at US airports'

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: UKTruth

now they will have to pass more stringent tests.
Simple. Very very simple.

Such as......

Please address this question to your Govt.
What we KNOW is that Trump, with help from his intelligence services, have decided to implement a 90 day ban in order to strengthen the existing process.
We're dealing with facts here, not our opinions on the old process.

Give me a break. Trump's been promising this to his conservative base way before he ever had any "intelligence services". Stop making stuff up.

And now he has access to information you do not. So, you are welcome to disbelieve him, but that just renders your view an opinion, which is as I said, worthless. The equivalent of someone who flips burgers for a living telling a pro quarterback how to throw the ball.

edit on 28/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

We'll a quick Google search differs with your claim no refugees have committed terror acts in US.

Try again.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

We'll a quick Google search differs with your claim no refugees have committed terror acts in US.

Try again.

They have in Europe and have threatened to do the same here. He's trying to get ahead of it. As someone else said, he has access now to info we don't have.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Try again.

Indeed.. this was one who gained entry to the US.

A Department of Justice report noted that one of those refugees, Waad Ramadan Alwan, left fingerprints on unexploded IEDs in Iraq and that he was sentenced to 40 years in prison after he “pleaded guilty to conspiring to kill U.S. nationals abroad; conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction (explosives) against U.S. nationals abroad; distributing information on the manufacture and use of IEDs; attempting to provide material support to terrorists and to [Al Qaeda in Iraq] and conspiring to transfer, possess and export Stinger missiles.”

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

It's okay, I'm sure rich Muslim nations will take in their own...

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Here is an interesting snippet from the Arab Center for Research & Policy Studies

13% of Syrian refugees are positive or positive to some extent towards ISIS.
It's quite interesting that we've seen almost no information about any people who have been screened out from the tens of thousands...where are they? what happened to them?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Looks like they already caught the gaps in their vetting process and fixed it.

Although both Alwan and Hammadi had been arrested by Iraq security forces, in 2006 they were allowed to enter the United States as refugees in April and July 2009, respectively. Asked why officials and Homeland Security had not properly vetted or reviewed the men's records, a Homeland Security official said, "This case demonstrates specific gaps that were present in the screening process that was in place in the beginning of the administration. Once the administration became aware of these gaps, it took immediate steps to fill them. Today our vetting process considers a far broader range of information than it did in past years."

abcnews.go.com...

See? It's already been fixed. Trump doesn't have to do it.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

They were threatened with a knife to their throats. Dude.
I just realized you are truly in serious need of some history and some civics courses. You are MORE THAN WELCOME if you are interested in learning what you don't know. Just send up a signal. We'll help you.

By your posts, it seems that you are repeating sensationalist propaganda, and not actually investigating....
may I ask -- what are your sources?
Actually (Akch) I would like to see some links to serious articles and documentaries about these claims of yours. I'm beginning to fear (and hear) that you are kinda out of your depth here.....

it's okay. MILLIONS of American kids are taught to believe 'stereotypes'.. beginning when they're babies. We pink-hat people are trying to change that.

edit on 1/28/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

So - yeah, about the house swap....
you want to come here and live it out, here in Kansas City?

edit on 1/28/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Lol given your civics misunderstandings I'd be embarrassed if I were you that you don't understand the differences between the executive, legislative and judicial branches. Perhaps as Trump implements more policies without Congress you will come to learn more

You carry on whining though, whilst Trump gets on with actually trying to solve the problem.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Hmmm. I wonder what else they missed? Not much of a process that keeps getting changed after catching terrorists in the country.
No wonder Trump feels the need to clean up Obama's mess.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Hmmm. I wonder what else they missed? Not much of a process that keeps getting changed after catching terrorists in the country.

Well it got changed from Bush's administration. So, Obama had to fix Bush's mess. And what a big mess that was (9/11????)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Well it got changed from Bush's administration. So, Obama had to fix Bush's mess. And what a big mess that was (9/11????)

9/11 was a horrible mess, and Bush was an idiot.
The refugee terrorists entered the country in 2009, so on Obama's watch. Maybe he just didn't bother to check such a vital part of security. The "wait till something happens" approach that you also seem to favour. One idiot after another.
Thankfully Trump is on it from the very start.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

The first of the two refugees in question came in 2006, during Bush's administration. The second came in 2009. It was after that when Obama's admin made corrections to the existing vetting process started by Bush.

Since then, how many refugees in America have committed terrorist attacks?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The first of the two refugees in question came in 2006, during Bush's administration. The second came in 2009. It was after that when Obama's admin made corrections to the existing vetting process started by Bush.

Yes, during Obama's admin a terrorist refugee entered the country.
What kind of silly game are you playing...? Every time one of your arguments is knocked over you shift to a smaller island and defend it for all you are worth.

Let me simply blow up your entire island again.

Your govt has said very clearly in the Executive Order issued, which I have posted for you three times, that refugees HAVE been either convicted or implicated in terrorist related crimes.

You are making a choice to not believe them, but it does not change reality. You know nothing about who may be under investigation or implicated, but your govt is telling you some are.

Holding on for dear life to a point that the old process is fine is rather stupid as it is being changed whether you like it or not.

Please tell me you understand... I will even throw you a life jacket.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: VimanaExplorer

Nor do I. The window of benefit of the doubt I have extended to President Trump, as I do all presidents, is rapidly closing. The chief source of Wahhabism in the world and a country less Secular than Iran is not on the list, yet already vetted green card holders - permanent residents - are being barred. Several countries from which deadly attacks have originated are not on the list.

I also have grave concerns about the humanitarian impact of this. Families split up, children in dire straights sent back to war torn places where in some cases basic sanitation and even mere survival are questionable... all in the name of protecting us from threats that have come more frequently from states not even on the ban list. Countries with strict Sharia law and which execute gays are not on the list in some cases either. At least one country who literally had elements within its borders buying ISIS controlled oil not too long ago and which is both unstable and frequently suffers attacks, also isn't on the list.

I am going to stand by my word to extend him the benefit of the doubt... I am... for a time. I want to see what he does with these Syrian "safe zones" and whether they ensure humanitarian relief or not. If they don't... and if widespread suffering results from these temporary bans (or if they cease to be temporary going forward) ... and if he doesn't begin applying a more uniform logic to the seemingly arbitrary choices of this ban's target states... that benefit of the doubt will be over (among other topics/issues I'm closely monitoring him on, which also have me deeply concerned so far.)

His new UN ambassador says the U.S. expects our allies to tow the line and have our backs. While I may not agree with the tone of that message, I ask: will that include putting pressure on Saudi Arabia, who again, is not on the list, to change how they treat women (since the "vetting" includes questions about women and equality,) their direct and indirect support for and benefiting from terrorism, etc.? Or do they get a free pass because they're one of our largest arms sale recipients and the basis, largely, of the petrodollar paradigm?

As I've said many times before, I don't give any president - from any party, and representing any ideology - a free pass. I give them all some leeway and benefit of the doubt... and then after that it's time to hold them accountable. I wasn't an Obama supporter, I wasn't a Hillary supporter, I wasn't a GWB supporter, and while it remains to be seen whether I can be a Trump supporter... so far I can't, and I expect the benefit of the doubt window to close in coming weeks. I HOPE I'm wrong. Obviously, I want any president, irrespective of party, to succeed in doing good both for our country and in the world. I want to see any president demonstrate American compassion and fairness and internally logical foreign policy.

(I know many prize security over compassion, which is a valid opinion... but ideally I would like to see a balance between the two, especially when it is our own foreign policy that has most contributed, arguably, to the refugee situation in the first place. We destabilize entire regions with our foreign policy - GWB did it in Iraq, and Obama and Clinton did it in Lybia, Syria, and the wider region followed due to the power vacuums and destabilization - yet don't want to bear the humanitarian cost of the scenarios we let unfold.)

Let none say I didn't give him a chance, just like I did all the others... I still am... but I'm watching very closely...

Peace.
edit on 1/28/2017 by AceWombat04 because: Typos, added clarity.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I'm all for bringing refugees if we dump them into Bush's, Cheney's and all the other neocons' homes. After all they started the mess and what's more Bush has a ranch which I'm sure can accommodate refugees.
edit on 1/28/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

First of all, there are Muslims whose families have been here for many generations. They go to Mosques too. Are you saying we should kick all those people out?

Why would I have to wear a burqa? What a silly question. There are lots of Americans who don't share my liberal values, but I have never advocated that they be kicked out of the country. Yes, that means you can stay. As long as the laws are followed, I'm okay with people of differing values.

Well it sucks to be you then, because they will not tolerate your values.

Seeing the refugees we have in my town already, I think they tolerate my values more than my fellow conservative citizens.

You will regret that once they near critical mass and find out how they collectively despise your values and spit on you and your sympathy for them.

There are about 52 No-Go zones in sweden right now and all because sweden has been as liberal as you aspire to be. The reporters who went into one of these no-go zones already got attacked within 60 seconds. Police did arive but they told the reporters that they will not come with them because "it would only make them violent" so the police stayed out of the zone.

Once they got aware that the police left , well go see for yourself.

This is what it will amount to if you just let it all hang out and like a good liberal welcome more and more each day. Sweden is learning its lesson and even they, one of the most extremist liberal countries in the world has started sending them back and locking up the front door.

Most do not come from syria.

Interesting detail. Swedish tourists on holiday in foreign countries are most often the victims of choice because they turn out to be the most naive and trusting. A product of ridiculous liberal upbringing.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSat, 28 Jan 2017 13:14:13 -06001720171America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Try again.

With people like hillary clinton as their queen and obama as their hero is anyone really surprised that people like kayla will simply opt to lie to defend her unstable position?

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSat, 28 Jan 2017 13:14:26 -06001720171America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Please show proof that Obama allowed terrorists refugee into the US?

It takes at least 2 years to go through security screening under Obama to be a refugee in the US. I can assure you that under Obama, we have not allowed "terrorists" into the US.

Right wing media at it again with their alternative facts. Sad part about this is that you all believe in it and innocent people like the folks detained at JFK airport have to pay a price for right wing ignorance.

Yes, during Obama's admin a terrorist refugee entered the country.
What kind of silly game are you playing...? Every time one of your arguments is knocked over you shift to a smaller island and defend it for all you are worth.

Let me simply blow up your entire island again.

Your govt has said very clearly in the Executive Order issued, which I have posted for you three times, that refugees HAVE been either convicted or implicated in terrorist related crimes.

You are making a choice to not believe them, but it does not change reality. You know nothing about who may be under investigation or implicated, but your govt is telling you some are.

Holding on for dear life to a point that the old process is fine is rather stupid as it is being changed whether you like it or not.

Please tell me you understand... I will even throw you a life jacket.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Donald Trump said in his Executive Order that somewhere at some time there was a refugee who was charged with something. No specifics. Donald Trump said all during his campaign that he would ban Muslims from entering the country if he was elected. His conservative base loved this and elected him for it. He's just delivering to them by issuing this EO. No specific situation exists at this moment. Just some vague reasoning.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join