It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump refugee ban: 'arrivals from targeted countries stopped at US airports'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yet the majority of attacks in Europe are committed by "refugees", who are also responsible for the rising crime rates.

Do you want a mirror of that?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

England is just like us -- there are immigrants, expats, visitors, drifters, squatters, vagrants, gypsies (Travellers), peasants, laborers, merchants, nobles, 'peers', members of Parliament, and royalty. From bottom to top.

And we exist because the King wanted to force everyone to be of one religion.
Oliver Cromwell ripped it all up. And then the Quakers set sail.

Before that, Henry 8 did away with the Roman Catholic Rules. He declared himself the head of the church of England so he could divorce his first (Catholic) wife (Catherine of Aragon) to marry Anne Boleyn. Queen Elizabeth I (1st) succeeded her half sister after she died: "Bloody Mary" (the child of Catherine of Aragon) died heartbroken, sterile, and founf herself unable to enforce Roman Catholicism - even though she killed a bunch of people FOR NOT BEING Catholic (or not attending church to 'prove' they were 'Catholic')....Mary had them executed.

"Bloody Mary." Yeah. That's what it is. (the kind without the tomato juice, vodka, celery, Tabasco or ice).
Elizabeth established the 'church registry' and that's as far back as we have formal records. 1558. Before that, there was no record keeping. No 'formal documentation'.

Oh, and because the people who first came over slaughtered ALL OF THE NATIVE PEOPLE who were just minding their own business.
Kinda like Syrians, you know.

Innocent civilians who are kicked aside like so much detritus.
cuz.....Men need to shoot their guns and wield their knives and pound their chests!!!! And NO MILLIONS OF WOMEN can stop that!!!

no!!
edit on 1/28/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: UKTruth

I want refugees who have applied to be here and have passed the vetting process to be allowed to come here. Period.

They have not passed an adequate vetting process.
They will be held for another 90 days (the length of the ban) - whilst better checks can be carried out.
There is no problem for them other than having to wait another 90 days.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

But it is quoting Gillian Christensen, not any 'source' . I think it is real deal after googling some, not an 'alternate fact'.

"It will bar green card holders," Gillian Christensen, acting Department of Homeland Security spokeswoman, said in an email.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

I think everyone wants that.

That's a lie. Conservatives don't want that. People on the right don't want that. If they did, we would be allowing refugees in who have passed the vetting process.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Seems Trump said he wants "safe zones" made within Syria which leaves their citizens available to rebuild once ISIS and their ilk are vanquished.

At same time it prevents embedded ISIS sympathizers from sneaking into our nation under false pretenses.

I see this as workable with Russian cooperation.

US had no business toppling Syrian Government in first place.

Obama seemingly had policy aimed at installing radical Islamic rule throughout middle east resulting in gates of hell being opened - Trump and Putin will close them as they should be.

Analogy;

The room got horribly trashed by the children, now the adults have to clean it up, meanwhile the children have been sent outside where they can do much less harm.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I don't know what their vetting process is, but I suspect it isn't as good as ours, since we don't have a problem with refugee terrorists, and we've been letting refugees in for a while now.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

We do want that, but we want a comprehensive vetting process. After all we're fighting a faceless enemy.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I think everyone wants that.

That's a lie. Conservatives don't want that. People on the right don't want that. If they did, we would be allowing refugees in who have passed the vetting process.

They haven't passed the vetting process.
They passed a vetting process administered by the old administration that was insufficient and now they will have to pass more stringent tests.
Simple. Very very simple.

edit on 28/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I want refugees who have applied to be here and have passed the vetting process to be allowed to come here. Period.

They will be held for another 90 days (the length of the ban) - whilst better checks can be carried out.

Have you seen the current refugee vetting process? It can't possibly get more rigorous than it already is.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
Seems Trump said he wants "safe zones" made within Syria which leaves their citizens available to rebuild once ISIS and their ilk are vanquished.

At same time it prevents embedded ISIS sympathizers from sneaking into our nation under false pretenses.

I see this as workable with Russian cooperation.

US had no business toppling Syrian Government in first place.

Obama seemingly had policy aimed at installing radical Islamic rule throughout middle east resulting in gates of hell being opened - Trump and Putin will close them as they should be.

Analogy;

The room got horribly trashed by the children, now the adults have to clean it up, meanwhile the children have been sent outside where they can do much less harm.

Trumps strategy is not only the right one, it's what the refugees want too.

link   
There are already safe zones in Syria.

They're called Latakia Governorate and Tartus Governorate.

All one would have to do would increase support for the Syrian Government so they are better equipped to care for their people displaced by the war against the terrorists.

link   

We do want that, but we want a comprehensive vetting process. After all we're fighting a faceless enemy.

Again I ask, how many terrorist attacks in America lately by refugees?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

now they will have to pass more stringent tests.

Such as......

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Have you seen the current refugee vetting process? It can't possibly get more rigorous than it already is.

Your opinion is worthless on the effectiveness of the vetting process.
Your govt. have reviewed it and decided it needs strengthening. The intelligence services have already briefed Trump on this, as per his interview with ABC.
The govt. believes it needs strengthening.
If you believe they require your expertise, give them a ring.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

It doesn't matter, if we want to avoid Europes failures then we need to tighten up the process.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Such as......

Please address this question to your Govt.
What we KNOW is that Trump, with help from his intelligence services, have decided to implement a 90 day ban in order to strengthen the existing process.
We're dealing with facts here, not our opinions on the old process.
edit on 28/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Our process is already as tight as it can be. Hence, no recent terrorist attacks on U.S. soil by refugees.

This isn't about any credible threat. We already have that covered. This is about making conservatives "feel good". Unfortunately, making conservatives feel good means that innocent refugees who have been seeking sanctuary here will now be turned away.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Such as......

Please address this question to your Govt.
What we KNOW is that Trump, with help from his intelligence services, have decided to implement a 90 day ban in order to strengthen the existing process.
We're dealing with facts here, not our opinions on the old process.

Give me a break. Trump's been promising this to his conservative base way before he ever had any "intelligence services". Stop making stuff up.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

a reply to: avgguy

Our process is already as tight as it can be. Hence, no recent terrorist attacks on U.S. soil by refugees.

This isn't about any credible threat. We already have that covered. This is about making conservatives "feel good". Unfortunately, making conservatives feel good means that innocent refugees who have been seeking sanctuary here will now be turned away.

For the 3rd time, with the hope you will actually comprehend.

From the executive order:

Numerous foreign-born individuals have been convicted or implicated in terrorism-related crimes since September 11, 2001, including foreign nationals who entered the United States after receiving visitor, student, or employment visas, or who entered through the United States refugee resettlement program.

So, refugees have been let in and convicted or been implicated in terrorism-related crimes.

This is why I can say with certainty, that your opinion on the old process is worthless.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join