It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump refugee ban: 'arrivals from targeted countries stopped at US airports'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

So....values include,

Violent religious intolerance
Female circumcision
Killing gays
Female second class citizen status
No female vote
No female property ownership
No female driving
No female alone in public
No female rights when raped
Honor killing

Etc., etc, etc

Really fits in swell with American values, Not!

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This is really unfair on the poor muslim men having to leave their families behind and enter europe, so their family can try to join them at some point.

Please remember the same happened during the world wars, many British, French, Dutch etc. men fled their countries and took across the ocean to live safely in the USA, never thinking of their homeland again....

Wait that didn't happen. The British secured their own island and attacked back against overwhelming odds, the French/dutch got taken over and some did escape across the water, but you know what they did? They regrouped and fought back.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: UKTruth

An executive order is not "the government". Did Congress pass this?

"The Government" (congress) gave a President wide authority to deny entry for any reason including religious affiliation. Hence the executive order is based congressional authority.

Via 8 USC, 1182

Indeed. The President has the authority to run the country according to his executive powers laid out and within the existing laws.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

As long as he ain't a black man or woman, he is free.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

originally posted by: everyone
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Letting security risks run free in the name of love is just about the dumbest thing any country can do. Just ask saudi arabia and friends, they seem to agree. Common sense.
So, you're "all for" surveillance, right?

Profiling? Rounding up and separating out people whose existence you don't approve of and whose condition is none of your concern?

Is that what you have in mind?

oh - trivial fact you just reminded me of! .....
Yesterday was the 72nd "birthday" of the release of people from the concentration camps like Auschwitz and Dachau. Many many millions of people died before that.

That day, we came for the nazis.....

Profiling is absolutely crucial and happens now, will happen, and has always happened.
Liberals seized on the word to make it mean something bad, but they continue to be ignored.
Law enforcement agencies profile as a matter of course. In Trump's language... believe me.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'm painting with a large brush here but I've noticed most women on this site are liberals, and what I've noticed with all of them are they are incapable of removing their emotions and looking at things from any other perspective.

I think at the root of most of their problems lies the insecurities and fears that their emotions harbor..

Just my arm-chair analysis

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Obviously not as many as you think as Trump is sitting in the white house not a refugee loving democrat

And I see in typical libitard logic you ignored my suggestion on what WOULD make a diffrence.

But I guess volenteering in a refugee camp would be hard and require work.....much more easy to tantrum and throw a sulk at home. That is the Libral way is it not? forget the actual issue and just throw tantrums and protests that have no impact just to garner media attention.....

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

I find it so strange that hardcore liberals defend this culture but live and let live I guess.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Obviously not as many as you think as Trump is sitting in the white house not a refugee loving democrat

And I see in typical libitard logic you ignored my suggestion on what WOULD make a diffrence.

But I guess volenteering in a refugee camp would be hard and require work.....much more easy to tantrum and throw a sulk at home. That is the Libral way is it not? forget the actual issue and just throw tantrums and protests that have no impact just to garner media attention.....

All suggestions, even from the refugees themselves, have been ignored in order to politicise Trump's EO.
These people could not give a stuff about refugees, only their own sense of moral superiority. It was ever thus with liberals.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: savemebarry
a reply to: Profusion

Blimey, I was detained and sent back to Australia, just last year - "herp derp you might be wanting to work here so ummm duhh... no"

I have no chance now...

Who'd be a 40+ white Aussie male, with a letter of invitation, and a job back home.

I should have donned a burqa and screamed a lot, I'd have been let in under obama...

You sound Muslim, and after your stupid comment, I am glad you got booted back to Aussie-land. Don't need people like you talking like that sh$t in here...period!

edit on 28-1-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

We have had some Muslim refugees in my area for a while now. So far,

there's been no violent religious intolerance

no female circumcision (because that's against the law)

female property ownership is totally allowed here (by the way, the Quran totally allows female property ownership)

females are free to drive if they want, or not, it's up to them (by the way, that whole females can't drive thing is a cultural thing, not an Islamic thing)

I've seen refugee women out with their children - no man around (by the way, that's also a cultural thing, there's nothing in the Quran that says women aren't allowed out alone)

females have all appropriate rights when raped

no honor killings have happened (because that's against the law)

And no one has forced me to wear a burqa! Go figure.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I want refugees who have applied to be here and have passed the vetting process to be allowed to come here. Period.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

originally posted by: everyone

Letting security risks run free in the name of love is just about the dumbest thing any country can do. Just ask saudi arabia and friends, they seem to agree. Common sense.
So, you're "all for" surveillance, right?

Profiling? Rounding up and separating out people whose existence you don't approve of and whose condition is none of your concern?

Is that what you have in mind?

oh - trivial fact you just reminded me of! .....
Yesterday was the 72nd "birthday" of the release of people from the concentration camps like Auschwitz and Dachau. Many many millions of people died before that.

That day, we came for the nazis.....

Profiling is absolutely crucial and happens now, will happen, and has always happened.
Liberals seized on the word to make it mean something bad, but they continue to be ignored.
Law enforcement agencies profile as a matter of course. In Trump's language... believe me.

Believe you?

Okay. How about this: You come and live in my house here, and you deal with what this administration delivers. And I'll come and live in the Midlands. Are you by any chance in Penrith? I have friends there. I have friends in other areas as well, though -- so -- if it's a "no thanks", I'll understand.

AirBnB is pretty cool, though! Have you tried it?

We could do a year swap or something. See what happens.
You in?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I think everyone wants that.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

We have had some Muslim refugees in my area for a while now. So far,

there's been no violent religious intolerance

no female circumcision (because that's against the law)

female property ownership is totally allowed here (by the way, the Quran totally allows female property ownership)

females are free to drive if they want, or not, it's up to them (by the way, that whole females can't drive thing is a cultural thing, not an Islamic thing)

I've seen refugee women out with their children - no man around (by the way, that's also a cultural thing, there's nothing in the Quran that says women aren't allowed out alone)

females have all appropriate rights when raped

no honor killings have happened (because that's against the law)

And no one has forced me to wear a burqa! Go figure.

Which means nothing in relation to this EO.
Only a small minority of Muslims are radical islamics, with the potential to commit terrorism or having already committed terrorism.
The EO is stopping all new entries into the country because the vetting process is deemed to be inadequate to find that small minority.
That is understood by al but the most stupid of people.

edit on 28/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Just let the Shia and the Christians from these countries in. Practically guaranteed they won't turn to Wahhabism.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I have never been able to travel Buzzy. Is the poverty in England like it is here?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Here are the facts.

We have a very strict vetting process for refugees.

All recent terrorist attacks have NOT been committed by refugees.

Most violence in this country has been perpetrated by native born Americans.

Radicalization of Muslims who have been here for quite a while is a MUCH bigger problem that has not been addressed at all.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

So what makes you think they won't bring their culture over?

I come from an immigrant family and the most diverse mutlicutural city in the world (Toronto). And you better believe people don't forget their culture
edit on 28-1-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join