It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Response to Alternative News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
2016 proved one very powerful point and that is that Americans will no longer take the main stream media at face value. They will dig for facts. Some will dig for confirmation bias, others will truly seek out wisdom. Regardless of where you stand, I believe we may be witnessing a counter attack. Obfuscation.

In lieu of recent executive orders by President Trump, agencies under the federal government have 'gone rogue' , pushing out information.

twitter.com...
twitter.com...
twitter.com...
twitter.com...
twitter.com...
twitter.com...

The question is, can these be trusted as verified information? Are these being used to further the obfuscation of the already convoluted and watered down information we already have from various and many media outlets?

I think very much that this is not by accident and as usual, we should all still dig deep for our information and knowledge. Best of luck ATS.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Ahhh i saw Twitter and thought we'd posted the same story for 2 seconds there.

Excellent!

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Also, I think there's going to be a major cleaning up writing the MSM Criminal establishment. I'd say given how swift Trump is with getting the job done, won't take more than a year or so.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

Perhaps he does via malevolent or benevolent means. Free speech will still be protected under the constitution and something else will take its place.

I think the long game is to fill minds with so much crap that the truth is in all of them and none of them. You would need a divine cipher just to piece together the facts. This would be a frightening scenario.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Yes it would seem that's precisely what they've attempted to do, and have accomplished on many levels, sadly.

People are full of crap due to the MSM's push for Domination on all levels not natural to human thought. It feels now as though the shift is heading in the correct direction. Where it should be.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I think this "fake news" war is designed to take our attention and google search results away from the truth that slipped in around 2013.

Here is an ATS link covering how propaganda is now perfectly legal.
This came into effect right before the elections kicked in.
link: Government sponsored propaganda is now legal: HR 5736

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

I recall that. As you can see via that thread and across the nation, zero )#)( given.

I should guess that is because it was under Obama.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

All sanctioned by the good ol' gov't!

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
People are very accommodating. And the vacuum will fill, new news agencies will emerge. A cleansing for a while.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

And his immediate impeachment when he tries it.
This guy is so getting fired.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Well I certainly didn't trust the EPA or it government employees to "tweet" out the truth before all this nor do I expect the truth out of the current, future, nor past administrations so would accept even less from someone tweetering out information now.

It is so sad that we have allowed ourselves to become so tied into two camps that both sides resort to misinformation to support or disprove the other sides argument. We will no longer be able to believe any real whilstleblowers when they do step forward because everyone has their own agenda to prove or one to disprove.

One thing is certain, the MSM whether it be the stalwart liberal press or the right-wing advocates we cannot trust anything they have to say on any matters, no longer do they report news, now it is just stating opinions and distortion of facts from all sides.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

You may not trust and others as well. Doesn't stop the fact that they are running a pseudo informational hub under the guise of truth.

It will be curious to see if it is accepted as a true leak. I have my reservations.

I agree with the rest of your post and think it is insane to have this much of a quagmire to wade through.

top topics

join