It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Journal

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

I saw these guys once, they tried to pick me up after a night of drinking 10 yrs ago, lol. My intelligence surpassed theirs however and that didn't happen. Probings aren't my forte'.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neith

I saw these guys once, they tried to pick me up after a night of drinking 10 yrs ago, lol. My intelligence surpassed theirs however and that didn't happen. Probings aren't my forte'.

Probing is bad....I'm glad you outsmarted them! They are sometimes known to hang out at bars and such..or maybe I just made that up..I think I did.

Thanks for reading my story... it was nice of you to do so and again..I'm sorry about your "almost probed" incident...glad you survived it!

blend57

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Nice progression thus far; it occured to me that this would make a nice screen play... as it has a lot of good elements in it and that it doesn't spend time trying to explain itself but yet constantly trying to make sense of it whilst in the middle of it as an observer for the "hero" is a nice take.

I especially like the dedication of the observer role; where as he or she is transforming and going through all of these changes into something or someone quite alien/future human that they are still being scientific of the observation and experiements happening on a very rational level to maintain sanity; and yet that clinging to oneself long gone as if looking all blackeyed and covered in metallic scales they are still going to just waltz in front of people with proof of evidence with the self image of the past long gone still clung to as a reality shows that sanity is not really with it; as they are walking evidence hell not even human to some panel they would hope to present things too.

So I think it is a neat paradox in transformation going on; sticking to the plan or scientific method from beginning to end regardless of outcome or what is arising as results of the exploration that would throw a sense of reality to what is going on but life before all of this was also reality but the slip from one to another is a foot in both... so it is a very neat thing you have going on; and I am looking forward to seeing how the character "steps" in future installments.

edit on 19-3-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
blend, I finally caught up in here and am so impressed! This would make an awesome movie, or at the very least, an awesome book! I am really loving this story and can't wait to read more!

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Night Star
Thanks...I'm glad there is still some interest in it. It needs a lot of "clean up" before it is worthy of a screenplay or movie. But I've had fun writing it. Trying to tie in everything and hopefully make it all fit by the end of the story is going to be hard... the time sphere and the watchers still have to come into play along with the new stuff I introduced..I guess we'll see where it heads.

The next entry is very long and is taking some time to write. The city seems to be important and the ecosystem as well. Hopefully I will have it done in a few more days...and I apologize in advance to everyone for the multiple post spam that is gonna happen when I do..lol

BigBrotherDarkness

It is easiest for me to write like this..journal entries..because I tend to get bored.Timely knows,that's why he asked if I'd abandoned the story..lol. But, I'll keep pushing out some pages here and there...in between the other stuff I like to do.

The main character I think will have to turn back to human form..or go completely shadow form. The journal has to get back to the cottage for the original poster in this thread to find. Probably going to have some more twists and hard choices down the road...possibly a struggle to maintain his sanity and decide which world he fits in best. Where does this guy belong? And is he really losing his sanity or just seeing things a bit more clear? Lots of questions that still need to be answered and hopefully will be along the way...the story writes itself, so, I'm not really sure what direction it will go in atm..and that is also why it is a discovery journey that the reader and main character take together..because I've not planned it out, outlined the plot or characters..I have no set path or direction..just letting it go where it wants to. I like your thoughts on how it is turning out and the way you interpreted the story so far. It is interesting to see other peoples thoughts and ideas...thanks for sharing them!

Thank you all for the input and support.

blend57

edit on 19-3-2017 by blend57 because: Always an edit! : /

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Keep at it blend, this is an awesome story!!!!!! You should publish it for sure! These days, it's hard to find things that keep my attention, and this story has done that from the moment I started reading it.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Thanks for your time in responding... I find it best when stories sort of just start writing themselves, easily understandible that that process takes time, as when they do write themselves sometimes the fingers cant move fast enough to keep up, and other times it's like a scratch at the door to be let in... if the scratch doesn't come? No sense opening it... but setting the mood I have found does sort of help; placing objects or pictures or lighting that keeps that energy circulating.

I typically use focuswriter(type writer sounds skaweee! some writing really gets into a rhythm the same as music pouring out
) and I set the background image that best sets the tone of feeling for whatever sort of like a how a bookcover/dust jacket art can draw someone directly to it instead of just title alone.

So hey no pressure or rush; and hopeully your response hasn't led to spoiler alerts for those that don't like them. :p I can forget I watched something just a few days previously and it's like seeing it and have never seen it watching it again so such a thing doesn't bother me... the element of focus changes and woosh gone, it arises again not the same even if it is the same. :p

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
In a word ... Captivating!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join