It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mattis orders review of Air Force One and F-35C

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: Zaphod58

how much trouble would it be to make a A-10 able to take off vertical like a harrier does?

Come on man, you're saying that you think the Marines shouldn't have their version of the F35 because of the cost and to save money you're going to fundamentally redesign, re-engineer then have to retest and recertify the new plan as a way of saving money, all the while adding new systems and making it stealthy.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Donkey09

originally posted by: yuppa

how much trouble would it be to make a A-10 able to take off vertical like a harrier does?

Come on man, you're saying that you think the Marines shouldn't have their version of the F35 because of the cost and to save money you're going to fundamentally redesign, re-engineer then have to retest and recertify the new plan as a way of saving money, all the while adding new systems and making it stealthy.

I am pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Latest Block of software out...

This is a good airplane. ......real good.

F35-D & E soon?

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: edsinger

No. A new model requires a fairly significant change beyond just a software update.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Not all the time,

I mean in the case of the F-15E somewhat, but not the F-14D with its digital upgrade.

Nonetheless,

This F-35 is no joke, I have seen it with my eyes. Are they F-16s? Not with what I saw but that was a BLK 20. The software limits the pilot, BLK 30 (i think) made it better, BLK40 even more so. I might have the BLK #s wrong but in the last 2 years, major difference. It is not the maneuverability that is its forte however....

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Yeah, all the time. A digital upgrade is not an insignificant change. That wasn't the only change made though. It got new engines, a new radar, new EW system, new ejection seats, and IRST among others.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Ok then would that apply with F-16 A/B with F-16 C/D?

F- 18E/F was new aircraft.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Yes. The C/D all received new avionics and other upgrades. The F-15C/D was able to add slightly more internal fuel IIRC as well. The F-16C/D improved the avionics and radar starting with the Block 25, which was the first C/D. The F-16E/F is the Block 60, which changes a lot including adding conformal fuel tanks.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

You sir know your aircraft.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join