It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed-Ex driver vs flag burning SJWs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

the state is not going to pursue charges on your behalf since the value of the item stolen is exceedingly small. Technically, illegal. In reality, the state won't waste their time (unless they see you as recidivist, anyway), but will follow through if the citizen wishes to waste his time.

I get what you're saying but if we watched the same video, he grabbed the flag out of their arms, yes theft.

Something to consider: a rental house is known as "real property". Meaning it does not depreciate over time, it is a real asset who's value is set by the market and not by its age. A flag is not "real" in the sense that it is a consumable item. In other words, while I get where you're coming from, it really is apples and oranges

1. A rental property does depreciate over time - unless..you mean something else?
2. A flag is a material good, item, - it is in your possession like your phone in your pocket. You are allowed to destroy it if you want. (barring any anti burning flag regulation)

The point I am making is deprivation of, or enjoyment of use of, your property. You didn't appreciate the nuance of having the "property vacant until you redevelop and the Govt being allowed to use it without recompense" based on the perception of a worthy need ie house refugees or stopping the flag from being burnt.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Where this took place is about 15 minutes from where I live. This dude lives in my city but I do not know him personally. Most here has openly supported him. He will not have to buy another beer at a bar for quite some time lol.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Look I feel sorry for the guy and the negative publicity he is giving FedEx. It does not give him the right to interfere with someone protesting using their own flag, hat, shirt whatever. It is their property they can do what they like with it. If they can be prosecuted for lighting fires in public endangering property or people then prosecute them.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join