It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed-Ex driver vs flag burning SJWs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
i love the fallacy.

a free speech ad
Free Speech* for all citizens guarantee!

*burning of flag not included, actual free speech subject to terms. Party affiliation may vary. free speech not a guarantee.

speaking of morality, a bill proposed to legalize murdering protester with a vehicle was applauded not too long ago...

edit on 28-1-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

had I been there I'd have not been so composed against that all hat no cattle guy....

edit on 28-1-2017 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

So he stole the flag off them and got involved in physical violence? Why should Fed Ex reward him with a bonus...its not like he stopped his job to assist in an accident.

I thought burning the flag was not in violation of the constitution?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The flag does not give you freedom. The Bill of Rights does.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Looked kind of childish to me, on both sides.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

So he stole the flag off them and got involved in physical violence? Why should Fed Ex reward him with a bonus...its not like he stopped his job to assist in an accident.

I thought burning the flag was not in violation of the constitution?

Well obviously some of you guys are not offended by people burning the flag, no big deal..that's your right and their right, I guess.
I happen to think it's a travesty, basically what I was trying to say is, I hope Fed-Ex doesn't try to fire this guy for standing up in what he believes in and that he happened to do it while wearing their uniform and driving their truck.
Will Fed-Ex think that this is going to be negative publicity for them that one of their drivers did this? And fire him so as not to offend the Leftists and the PC crowd?
I think that if they did fire him, they would and should suffer some repercussions.
My 2 cents, take it for what it's worth to yourselves, just don't burn a flag in front of me either.
edit on 28-1-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I'm with the FedEX guy.

That crap is wrong on so many levels. That's the kind of thing you see from Cults.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I guess I'm of mixed emotions on a couple of fronts with this. Consequently, I have several thoughts...

1. As much as I'd just love to stomp mr. hat dude into a puddle of goo, they do have a right to protest despite how angry it makes me sometimes.

2. I'd probably support their alleged 'cause' a lot more if they were protesting something real, something which actually happened. Instead, they're protesting something they "think" is going to happen (in the future), which is pretty much BS and peer induced hype in my opinion.

3. I salute mr. FEDEX driver for doing the right thing and for standing up to a bunch of punks disrespecting the flag he likely fought for. At least he's got some honor and courage.

4. I'd probably feel a lot more passionately about flag burning incidents if I didn't know there is about a 99.99% probability the flags these punks are burning were manufactured in China, not the USA.

5. I'm not a big fan of more laws and regulation (at all), but I do believe there should be a law against burning the national flag. I just feel it is wrong, and this is my heartfelt opinion.

6. Fundamentally I have an issue with the burning of an item symbolic of the founding documents which form the basis of this country and the freedoms granted under them. Freedom of speech and expression in this case. Specifically, I believe it shows a great deal of ignorance on the part of these protesters. The symbolism of burning the flag stems from protests like those over the Vietnam War. In those cases the protesters were making a statement that the "actions" of the US government were anti-American and not in line with the values of the Constitution, hence burning the flag. In this case the protesters are just burning the flag to get attention. There's a difference, a big one in my mind. They're burning the symbol of their rights to protest and free speech...ignorance.

7. I'd bet $100 mr. hat dude doesn't have the slightest idea what the word "fascist" means, and/or doesn't mean.

8. I'd like to see these punks go try this same stunt in downtown Pyongyang, North Korea, a place where there truly is "fascism". But, no, they want to "protest fascism here" (to quote mr. hat dude). Why? Because it's one hell of a lot safer than doing it someplace like NK, that's why! Again, pretty ignorant and contradictory IMO.

edit on 1/28/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I guess ill share my view on it:

I would never burn the American flag. I have no interest in disrespecting vast amounts of people.

But the same people who fought and died for that flag also fought and died to preserve our right to burn it. Its a greater travesty to try to invalidate that sacrifice by eroding liberty.

People who protest American government are doing what Americans are supposed to do. If you served, thank you. But please realize you swore an oath to protect their right to free speech, even if you do not like it.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I really cannot say it any better than that.

Just because I can do something does not mean I want to do something, however I will not tell you not to perpetrate that action just because I do not agree with it.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Amazing how "peaceful protest" has turned into lighting fires in the streets, desroying other people's property, shouting slurs toward peace officers, etc. Guess it's not hard to see which side the average American should be terrifed of (that would be the self-aggrandizing SJWs) and who the average American should support if they want any level of civility in this Country going forward. Setting fires in public, on public property, endangering the public, is in no way, shape, or form free speech. Burn all you want on your own property...oh, wait...

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
that`s funny!

They all stood there looking at each other for an explanation of what just happened.

they are all thinking, " that`s not suppose to happen, what do we do now?"

I hope they got a burn permit for their little campfire or they could be charged with arson.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

except the side that was trying to burn the flag claim that they stand for unity and tolerance, which makes me wonder how burning a flag is going to create unity and tolerance?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Here's my stance. People have the right to burn the flag. I think they are idiots but the Constitution protects idiots. Did the driver infringe on the idiots rights to burn the flag?

Yes.

Should he be punished?

Hmm.

I say yes, as much as I agree with him. I might have done the same thing however, and just accepted the consequences.

Someone convince me differently.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It looks like Fed-Ex is backing him as they should
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
looks like they didn`t have a permit to burn stuff.

Cops arrested two of the protesters for violating Iowa City’s public burn ordinance, not for burning the flag, Iowa City Police Sgt. Scott Gaarde

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You can protest all you want by burning the flag. That is your right. But for me it just shows how intellectually disabled you are as a human being. These people burning the flag are cowards also.

edit on 28-1-2017 by Tarzan the apeman. because: Forgot an s

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Let them burn the flag! It exposes them as the anti-American left-wing zealots that they are, and we will all be better off as sane Americans will reject them and their ideology.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Let them burn the flag! It exposes them as the anti-American left-wing zealots that they are, and we will all be better off as sane Americans will reject them and their ideology.

You do make a valid point here.

It definitely does expose their ignorance, immaturity and radical ideas for all the world to see.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Flag burners should be arrested for inciting riots. They are either trying to rally like minded America haters to riot or incite violent responses from patriotic citizens who are rightfully outraged.

Go burn your flag in your back yard. Maybe it will make youtube and everyone can sound off on your stupidity.

Go burn your fast food garbage in the middle of the street and see how fast you get arrested.
edit on 28-1-2017 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join