It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

42 arrested in Tennessee Bureau of Investigations human trafficking sting operation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Long story short a human trafficking ring was broken up, it got 38 men and 4 women arrested. 8 were arrested for paying for sex with a minor and 2 juvenile sex slave victims were rescued. Still sick things going on. Good to hear law enforcement is working on this type of thing.

MATA CEO Ron Garrison is charged for trying to have sex with an adult prostitute-he resigned his position and was no available for comment.

Garrison is charged with a misdemeanor for trying to have sex with an adult prostitute. He did not answer when we knocked on his door Friday.

Mayor Jim Strickland said, “I think he made the right decision to resign and the MATA board made the right decision to accept that resignation.”

MATA sent a statement saying in part “this in no way diminishes the contributions of Mr. Garrison at MATA during his tenure over the last few years.”

38 men and 4 women were arrested. 8 were charged with paying for sex with a minor, some are accused of sex with a 14 year olds.There were 2 juvenile female sex slave victims saved .
A sting was called "Someone like me", and over 400 men responded to an add for sex with undercover agents.

In all, 38 men and four women were arrested. Eight people are charged with paying to have sex with a minor, some of the accused paid to have sex with minors as young as 14.

The sting was officially called operation ‘Someone Like Me.’ 475 men responded to ads for sex with undercover agents.

Two juvenile female sex slave victims were saved in the sting.
www.fox13memphis.com...
edit on 27-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
typo title

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It's the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, I thought the same thing.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The irony is MATA stands for Memphis Area Transit Authority

Glad this got busted.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You could be right, I have a bad feeling this isn't a localized issue.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Of course it's not, and that's why I'm concerned with this BS that the foodfence crap started.

Whether it's fact or not, it basically made it so any actual claims of human trafficking among the rich aren't going to be looked at, because they hold their events behind solid gold doors that police aren't able to go behind.

Our world is much more sick than many are willing to admit.

It leads many further away from the possibility of GOD and more towards the possibility of a flawed simulation of a diseased universe.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined
Foodfence it took me a while.

And could be very prevalent. The fact that they rescued 2 sex slave minors out of this one investigation, is telling.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
this isnt really a "sex trafficking ring"

the only ones "trafficking sex" was the Bureau.

the pervs were just dumb enough to answer the ad

top topics

join