It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump tells Theresa May: 'Brexit is going to be a wonderful thing for your country'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I thought Obama said Brexit would lead to WW3 and the US putting the UK to the back of the line for trade deals, or something along those lines...

Amazing what can happen in 6 months...

RA

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

I wonder why Theresa May waited until after Obama was out of office to visit the U.S.? Could it be because Obama had an agenda other than making America great again? I believe that's the case.

Obama never had the idea to make America Great again. He thought America was already great. He couldn't see any other nation as being greater. In fact, by simply winning the elections, he was convinced that America was the Greatest Nation on earth. It allowed him to be President. A partial descendant of slaves.

Now, Michelle, on the other hand, didn't think America was so Great, until she entered the white house. And people made a big deal of that fact, but it was how she saw things, sitting from her life experience point of view up to that time.

The people who think America needs to be "Made Great Again", are those who are not benefiting from all the progress that most of us can see all around. They look at the jobs shipped to China and Mexico, as a sign that America is "losing" something. But, the jobs are rotating, moving on from manufacturing to services, and from hardware to software, and from physical things to digital products. America is not losing in the "new occupations", only in the "old occupations".

Donald Trump wants to bring back all the old occupations, like car manufacturing jobs, and assembly of air conditioners, etc...but he misses the point, that these things are themselves going to be replaced by robots and automation. They are never coming back in the long term. The export of these jobs to China and Mexico was always only temporary, while the "phase shift" into robotics took place.

Donald is a dinosaur, living in the past, with dreams of what it was like in his youth.

He's an old man, who can't see, nor understand the future.

Recently, China has complained that it's own labor is getting too expensive, and even "cheap labor nation China" is starting to use automation to cut its own labor costs.

Donald should pay attention.

edit on 27-1-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
We live in interesting times.
Watch it go and stay centered.
It should be hilarious.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

I wonder why Theresa May waited until after Obama was out of office to visit the U.S.? Could it be because Obama had an agenda other than making America great again? I believe that's the case.

Obama never had the idea to make America Great again. He thought America was already great. He couldn't see any other nation as being greater. In fact, by simply winning the elections, he was convinced that America was the Greatest Nation on earth. It allowed him to be President. A partial descendant of slaves.

Now, Michelle, on the other hand, didn't think America was so Great, until she entered the white house. And people made a big deal of that fact, but it was how she saw things, sitting from her life experience point of view up to that time.

The people who think America needs to be "Made Great Again", are those who are not benefiting from all the progress that most of us can see all around. They look at the jobs shipped to China and Mexico, as a sign that America is "losing" something. But, the jobs are rotating, moving on from manufacturing to services, and from hardware to software, and from physical things to digital products. America is not losing in the "new occupations", only in the "old occupations".

Donald Trump wants to bring back all the old occupations, like car manufacturing jobs, and assembly of air conditioners, etc...but he misses the point, that these things are themselves going to be replaced by robots and automation. They are never coming back in the long term. The export of these jobs to China and Mexico was always only temporary, while the "phase shift" into robotics took place.

Donald is a dinosaur, living in the past, with dreams of what it was like in his youth.

Recently, China has complained that it's own labor is getting too expensive, and even "cheap labor nation China" is starting to use automation to cut its own labor costs.

Post your portfolio.

Talk is cheap.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Post your portfolio.

Talk is cheap.

Ha!

My portfolio is the whole earth.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
I thought Obama said Brexit would lead to WW3 and the US putting the UK to the back of the line for trade deals, or something along those lines...
RA

Didn't Obama made it very clear where he was putting the UK when

he removed the 'Winston Churchill' sculpture from the White House

There are rumors Trump is removing prayer mats from the White House

but sources on that seem a bit iffy.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
Trump is literally retarded.

Retarded ? with the money he amassed? are all American business men 'retarded' ?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Forty million people on food stamps, I do hope he bring enough jobs back so they get off of food stmps.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Her Majesty the Queen wants to host Trump and the first lady? I wonder if this will prompt people to star boycotting the UK?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Same can be said for some people's ideas about liberals.

Theresa May and Trump are both adept at saying what people like to hear. I don't trust any of them.

And no I'm not an Obama fan.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff

Forty million people on food stamps, I do hope he bring enough jobs back so they get off of food stmps.

The world is changing. The idea of "jobs" is being overturned and replaced with "basic income allowance" movements in nations around the world.

What we need from people is "creative ideas", not "manual labor". Robots and automation will take over all traditional "jobs", while the humans will once again get "leisure time" to think up new ideas.

They will never get rid of "food stamps". They are just going to change the name to "basic income", and deliver it in another form, automatically deposited funds into each person's bank account.

The industrial age is over. Factories are not places for people anymore.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

a reply to: Trueman

You'll get no support from me. Nor do I care what fools take seriously.

So you agree with Trump & May and not the seditious remainers?

Theresa May made it clear she was for remain, but as a politician she is smart enough to know that she has to play with the cards that have been dealt. Voting in favour of remain doesn't make you seditious, anymore than voting leave meant you were automatically anti foreigners.

Still not sure why the creep had to try and hold her hand, just shows again what a condescending arse he really is that he thinks that's appropriate behaviour.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

I said he was Hitler? Better get your facts straight window licker. Oh wait.. was that one of those ... alternative facts?

My favourite thing about liberals is how they're anti-bullying, anti-name calling, "everyone should love and support each other", unless they lose power. Then its fair game.

The right is attacked when they use the word retarded. You go ahead though. Sore loser. Enjoy the next 4 years.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Some people are interested in getting the job done, others are interested in dancing around getting a job done. Thankfully, TM is a little more the former - at least she seems so. I think she quickly put aside the standard notions we've got going in the UK that "DT is a train wreck" and realized there's a job to be done, get on with it. The UK peoples actually seem quite behind TM. For someone like me, a Brexit supporting Trump enthusiast, a day like yesterday is very patriotic and cool. Trump is delivering his promises and TM was smart enough to realize he's going to do what he's going to do, get on board or fall behind. And it's just a nice thing that Trump holds the UK in high regards. Obama did not, simple as that. We were just another bitch to Obama. We may be just another bitch to Trump, but at least he takes pride and outwardly expresses his feelings about his favourite bitches... LOL.

2 people held hands. OMG. What is the world coming to! Union? WW3 alert!

All that said, I am still (personally) aware of the mexico, dakota pipeline and various other time-bombs DT has going on. But as our PM said in the talk yesterday, words to the effect of, DT and America's problems are DT's and America's problems. Not ours. Rather than take a moral stance on issues that don't affect me, I'll try to stick with what does - right now that's simply a good relationship between our political leaders and yours.
edit on 28-1-2017 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Trump is literally retarded.

I thought he was literally Hitler?

Damn, make up your minds!

No, he admittedly reads Hitler. No one ever said he was as smart as he was.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join