It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd like to know what you think about this..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
One of my favorite artists is KIller Mike, 1/2 of the group Run The Jewels. Not only a rapper, he's also a social activist. I think a lot of what he says is right on. It makes a lot of people angry, but the truth usually does. I politely ask that you please watch both videos before commenting if you can.

Speaking at the All Black National Convention. He makes some people so mad they stand up and scream at him.

The origin of the term trap, and why he supports the KKKs right to march

Whether you agree with him or not, he makes some good points, no matter where on the political spectrum you see yourself. I'm really just interested in what everyone's thoughts on what he's saying is? Growing up in similar places, I see a lot of truth. But I know in cases like this, perception is 9/10's of the law. An orange is an apple to some people.
edit on 27-1-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
He kept it real AF and then that fat ass lard tub had to try to yell over a Man with a microphone.

Someone shut that whale up.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Though I don't like the racial nationalism, nor the talk of revolution, he is dead on about free speech and the KKK.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
He kept it real AF and then that fat ass lard tub had to try to yell over a Man with a microphone.

Someone shut that whale up.

He did haha. He don't hold back.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Though I don't like the racial nationalism, nor the talk of revolution, he is dead on about free speech and the KKK.

I agree. I feel the same way. It'll be nice when not trying to impose on others how to live is seen as a "good" thing.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Well, just like Big Joe & his bicycle, Killer Mike absolutely pwned the crowd with logic and knowledge, and gives it to the parents of todays kids, saying they (the parents) are to blame for a lot of todays community and social issues - the reactions of some of the crowd are, in my opinion, indicative of those most guilty of perpetrating the issues he is discussing.

Thanks - I agree with what Killer Mike says in both these videos but particularly the first one.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I agree with some of his points.
But he sure talks a lot about division rather than unity.
"Raising a warrior"?
Who does he plan on fighting?
Sorry but not very impressed with this rant.
That's really all it was...

If you are looking for in influential positive role model for black communities look here NOT the rap community.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
I agree with some of his points.
But he sure talks a lot about division rather than unity.
"Raising a warrior"?
Who does he plan on fighting?
Sorry but not very impressed with this rant.
That's really all it was...

If you are looking for in influential positive role model for black communities look here NOT the rap community.

Talking about the division that already exists isn't promoting division.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

For a good portion of my life, I have wished for the next MLK to step up to the plate and help poor people (not race driven) rise up to the system in ways that are positive and influential. Within the last year or 2, I have wished that man to be Killer Mike. I find him to be one of the strongest activists for human unity to surface in some time, and look forward to witness the social impact he is capable of!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

He's so right, but then again half of it is about an actual war. The perspective he approaches with it (being self-reliant people with strength derived from skills instead of ignorance & stupidity), if that's how everyone approached life we wouldn't have so many insane barbarians, or even problems & divisions hardly at all.

Here's another good one that dude ran the thread title way wrong and had no content so the thread didn't make it:

Tommy Sotomayor - How Savage Are Blacks In America & Why Is Everyone Afraid To Discuss It? :

Off the top of my head, I also like the Doctor of Common Sense:
www.youtube.com...

edit on 27-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

In his constructive facepalming of them, he's also telling them to train to fight and kill.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban

For a good portion of my life, I have wished for the next MLK to step up to the plate and help poor people (not race driven) rise up to the system in ways that are positive and influential. Within the last year or 2, I have wished that man to be Killer Mike. I find him to be one of the strongest activists for human unity to surface in some time, and look forward to witness the social impact he is capable of!

Killer Mike is definitely close to that level right now.

link   
He perfectly described what happens when you become dependent on the welfare state.

As for the "raising a warrior" bit, who does he plan on fighting? In case some people didn't notice, America was the country that ended slavery in the west, specifically Republicans, and gave the black community civil rights which produced leaders like MLK and Malcolm X.

Do they want to destroy the best system they've ever had?

edit on 27-1-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 27-1-2017 by underwerks because: Posted twice

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

In his constructive facepalming of them, he's also telling them to train to fight and kill.

He's just telling them to be prepared. What's wrong with knowing how to defend yourself, no matter what might happen?
edit on 27-1-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I agree and it might be prudent for Killer Mike to tone down his Black Panther styled talk. There are some good ole boys outside of Amarillo that might take it the wrong way.

Just sayin....

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I've always liked him as a rapper. He has his moments, but sometimes he comes off like an intelligent idiot. At least you didn't put up one of Vlad's Lord Jamar interviews.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I saw this posted either earlier or in the morning. And decided I would go look at it later.

I am so glad I did. Much of that speech should resonate with a LOT of ATS. NO matter what color one may be. Or what political persuasion one may be.

I was done after the fishing question..in regard to answering 'yes I can", lol.

He is a fantastic speaker. Makes a TON of just real sense.

I think he should have an AMA on here for preppers and constitutionalists. He will definitely tell the truth.

Thank you for posting that. I watched it with eyes wide open.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I agree and it might be prudent for Killer Mike to tone down his Black Panther styled talk. There are some good ole boys outside of Amarillo that might take it the wrong way.

Just sayin....

You are right on that. I tend to listen around that. If he adjusted his speech just a smidge...he would be a millionaire speaker.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
He perfectly described what happens when you become dependent on the welfare state.

As for the "raising a warrior" bit, who does he plan on fighting? In case some people didn't notice, America was the country that ended slavery in the west, specifically Republicans, and gave the black community civil rights which produced leaders like MLK and Malcolm X.

Do they want to destroy the best system they've ever had?

Who does he plan on fighting? Do you know what website you post on?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join