It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call it 'Smunday': Heinz pushing to make Stuper Bowl Monday a national holiday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
"We wanted to get behind an initiative that we know people feel strongly about," Nicole Kulwicki, a marketing executive at the company, told Bloomberg News.

Nice try Nichole Kulwicki (a Heinz marketing executive).
Shenanigans! It' bad enough your kind has industrialized Valentine's Day, St. Patty's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day (aka the "4th of July"), Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.

Nice marketing campaign there, Heinz.
Go work for Hallmark if you're trying to get into the manufacturing of holidays business. I imagine with your new thrust here you'll have no problem getting on the radio everday with it, not unlike how they're so much to thank for "Sweetest's Day" (a Valentine's Day knockoff fabricated to have yet another day where males are 'obligated to' buy more cards, keepsakes and sweets).

Not selling enough condiments on all the other holidays that you need another one in the first quarter, Heinz?
Hey if you push the propaganda (marketing) hard enough maybe you'll strike Black Friday gold, and we'll get to see videos of people being stampeding at Walmart to get those belly stuffer bargain deals on ketchup & mustard on your nice shiny new Black Smunday holiday. WOOOOO!

Isn't the Stuper Bowl already more than enough of a holiday as it is, Heinz?
Nothing says a day of "celebration" like a bunch of hungover Black Smunday morning quarterbacks, millions of them, all beat up because "their" team got they're arses kicked the night before. If they're really lucky they'll have their bookie showing up at their house with Guido to collect, or perhaps they'll be in jail for that DUI they had to pull last night to do the big game at the bar.

Call it 'Smunday': Heinz pushing to make Super Bowl Monday a national holiday
Kraft Heinz Co. is calling an audible, giving its U.S. employees the day off following the Super Bowl, and pushing for the rest of America to declare the day a national holiday.

Millions of people call in sick or don't show up for work the day after the most-watched football game of the year, and Heinz suggests making that day "Smunday" -- a work holiday for all Americans.

In a petition circulated online, Heinz said, "We can all agree that going to work the Monday after the 'Big Game' on Sunday is awful."

"So as far as we’re concerned at Heinz, we as a nation should stop settling for it being the worst workday of the year," the petition says.

Kraft Heinz said it hopes Congress will take the idea and run with it.

I have bigger projects to tend to, but this is "Propaganda Month" and I just couldn't resist this one after seeing it on the frontpage of USA Today, today.

edit on 27-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I am all for more holidays. This would be a good one. Many hard working people are tired the next day. It is the most watched sports event in the US.

If it would be too financially detrimental, though, then it is of course, a poor idea.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Has anyone asked Meryl Streep her position on this holiday?

-Chris(Neanderthal cowboys fan)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

So you're all for paid holidays to be hungover for getting too drunk for some stupid tribalist ball game?

Sure would be sweet for people whom don't watch football or drink. Which explains just how absurd this whole idea is. Not that the idea of corporations inventing our holidays for us wasn't absurd enough to begin with.

edit on 27-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I'm all for it!

:up;

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Noam Chomsky on the role of sports in a propaganda-based authoritarian society

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'd rather have tax day be a national holiday.

Anyway, I have enough holidays, because after a holiday, I have even more work because the work doesn't stop when I'm not there.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Except their plant workers will not be given a "holiday", so complete nonsense.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Naw, I don't follow sports much but unless something happens to Brady, it will be another Patriots blowout.

As for as a Holiday, without a day or a weekend to sober up workers won't be very productive.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

LOL I listen to Noam and It's like he's calling sports " Lemming Combat " .

That was refreshing, being a guy who can easily play football and has for my highschool, I also was a sk8er punk, didn't take long for me to see football for what it really was, just another trap to fall into and waste my time in.

Think about how much money is pushed into sports, how much these players make and what they actually do, no wonder our world is poor.

We reward non-productiveness, we reward submission and the pursuit of empty greatness.

I only hope we can remove the humans from sports, apply robots and maybe and hopefully turn around our dumbed down nation back into innovative and meaningful practices that don't lead to long term brain damage, body manipulations through steroids and overall continued highlighting of basically not contributing to human evolution and the future.

I don't understand how people even are entertained by WATCHING other people do something that THEY can / could go out and do and have some benefits like exercise, if it wasn't all about the sitting and watching, and more about people being neighborly and playing a game to bond further, I could get behind it more.

But there are many more interesting competitions going on in life, if you really looked, you'd have no need for sports, because reality is far more competitive than any sport ever could be.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Why not just move the Super Bowl to Saturday Night? Church attendance may fall a little...

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer

Naw, I don't follow sports much but unless something happens to Brady, it will be another Patriots blowout.

NO!!!!

As for as a Holiday, without a day or a weekend to sober up workers won't be very productive.

What is this "sober" that you speak of?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

When you run out of beer money and start to see bad things.

Pats are winners, Americans don't like to win anymore?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I see no problem with adding another official holiday. We don't have enough days off in the US (on average) we could use 20 or so more annually.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
BUMP

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
A few years ago, didn't the NFL make the SUPER BOWL start earlier, because employers were complaining about employees arriving late for work on Monday...and hungover?

top topics

join