It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Human Hybrid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
*cue X-files music

*warning this post has content involving talk of iQ and personal genetics. I am a dunce, however

Yes, it is true. I am not fully homo sapien.

Don't let this alarm you, as the truth to my genetic make up is not something far fetched or terribly out of the ordinary, it is simply rare.

What is this guy on about, you may be wondering? Allow me to assuage your curiousity.

I am part homo sapien, part homo neanderthalensis.

How can I claim this?

Thanks to the human genome project and the study of neanderthal genetic composition in the last 20 years, combined with companies that provide personal genetic analysis like 23 and me or ancestry.com, i now have my answer.

My father elected to use 23 and me and what he discovered was fairly astounding.

First, some background about Neanderthals. Current research suggests that about 1% of caucasians have 0-4% identifiable genetic material from interbreeding with Neanderthals roughly 40k to 100k years ago. A smaller percent of asians are believed to have a small degree of neanderthal genetics, and a smaller percentage of northern africans.

Many that take genetic tests like these find that they actually have a mix of genrtics from various regions of the world. People that look caucasian with african genes that are fairly recent, people that appear Asian with australian aboriginal genes, people that appear central american with south east asian genetics, etc.

The test my father took showed something very interesting and is fairly, if not extremely rare. Not only did his genetic composition show that his ancestry is strictly from the British isles, mostly Scotland in fact, but that he had one of the highest seen compositions of Neanderthal genetics...close to 5%

This would require some level of partial if not full inbreeding thousands of years ago (which makes sense as his genetic composition is solely british isles) but that his ancestry is made of people that all had moderate to high levels of neanderthal genetics.

Yes, i am kind of an inbred (insert inbred caveman joke here har har har)

Now, when many think of Neanderthals, they think inferior, they think savage cavemen. In truth, we dont know a whole lot about them, but being that i am a living breathing human neanderthal hybrid, combined with some accurate research on neanderthals today, allow me to divulge.

My mother is a beautiful, ultra kind person, but she admits she is not super intellectual and doesnt do well with math.

On the other hand, my Neanderthal father, is. He took an IQ test in the past and registered at 167. He attended UC berkeley with full honors with a degree in electrical engineering. Whenever we would play trivial pursuit, watch jeopardy, or anything of the like, he would answer correctly close to 90% of the time. That is not an exaggeration, he is a virtual encyclopedia.

Looking at his relatives of the last 150 years, both the men and women were all very successful and intelligent, having attended UC berkeley, UCSF, Harvard, etc. My father was 5th generation UCB.

One thing to consider is the difference between original Neandsrthal and human skulls.

Current understanding suggests that on average, the neanderthal brain was 300cc larger than human brains. While bigger doesnt mean better or smarter, researchers believe that the neanderthal brain was configured differently, specifically, a larger occiptal or visual cortex. This indicates that they may have had different cognitive strengths and weaknesses as compared to homo sapiens.

Now, im not certain, but i do find the occipital notion interesting. Namely, because of my understanding on mathematics. I studied astrophysics and quantum physics and passed with decent grades. These fields of study required use of multivariable calculus. Here is the thing, conceptually, i didnt really understand the math at all. However, i could SEE and memorize patterns in variable and number movements, visualization of number and variable conversion, and positions in functions. Something that led to passing the tests without much issue. I simply wonder if this is related to this occipital configuration.

To end this thread, a couple more points. Neanderthals had short legs and long torsos (think Michael Phelps). Both my father and i have this quality in spades. I am 6'3 with a 31 inch inseem lol.

Also, the Neanders were very, very physically strong. While I am fairly strong without any weight lifting, my father is on another planet. At his prime, he could leg press over 1200 lbs without ever working at it. Unbelievable huh!

In conclusion, dont judge a book by its cover or what you may have been told to believe, especially if its a Neanderthal. We are still learning about them and much more

edit on 27-1-2017 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
No, you are not. I am the leading human/alien hybrid here and I know you aren't.

Thread closed.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

Never claimed to be of e.t. origin nor leading in any type of manner.

In fact, admittedly, I am nothing special. Simply different.

Surprised i dignified you with a response, but, se la vie right?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

Did you even read the op? The user never claims to be part alien, just part Neanderthal. Which most of us are, at roughly 2% of our collective DNA coming from them.

But back on topic, op, for your father was it worth the money to have his genome mapped? (Assuming he paid) I've always thought about it but didn't know if it was just a novelty and possibly a waste of money.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Great question. While im not here to market for those services, it was $99 and he seemed to find it worthwhile. I do believe the analysis is pretty accurate and can be fascinating.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

So you're strong and ever so smart. Congrats.

Perhaps ego is what caused your ancestors extinction.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Isn't it about 1-2% for white people but collectively white people have about 20% of the neanderthal genome.

It really depends where this 1-2% is.
East asians have even more neanderthal DNA than the average caucasian

Some asian groups also have large portions of another human Homo denisova

And then we also have Homo floresiensis, aka Hobbit man

At one time there could have been 4-5 hominids coexisting or warring with each other
human, elf, dwarf, hobbit all confirmed

I should warn the OP he is in dangerous territory talking about genetics and IQ.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I think you missed the point of the thread entirely.

My father is intellectual, but has his short comings without a single doubt.

I myself am fairly average in intellect, memory, comprehension etc. I also expressed that in terms of physical strength I am, if anything, barely above average.

I was only saying that i have a fairly rare genetic composition, which doesnt mean better by any means.

And to correct you if I may, we didnt go extinct. We became a part of you.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
Isn't it about 1-2% for white people but collectively white people have about 20% of the neanderthal genome.

It really depends where this 1-2% is.
East asians have even more neanderthal DNA than the average caucasian

Some asian groups also have large portions of another human Homo denisova

And then we also have Homo floresiensis, aka Hobbit man

At one time there could have been 4-5 hominids coexisting or warring with each other
human, elf, dwarf, hobbit all confirmed

I should warn the OP he is in dangerous territory talking about genetics and IQ.

Absolutely great points. I should clarify this isnt an absolute science.

Im not concerned about the trolls and internet predators here mate, however i have been here long enough to know what you mean so i have added a note to the top of the OP to clarify.

They can chew me out if they like. Respectfully i will reiterate for the nth time that the point of the thread isnt to suggest that im superior or better, at all in fact. And i certainly didnt post the thread for validation.

But by all means if jerks want to pick fights for little to no reason, they can waste their time and expose their own fragility.

Im sorry, that was rude. Cheers.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Cool man.
Let's hope when the new science/academia papers come out after the social media ban stuff is over,
after all the books are cooked...

ahem.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

Live long and prosper

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Cool story and concepts... I love this kind of history. I have some pretty far out there concepts as to what may be the origins of modern man, but don't want to sway off your story.

2 questions... Do you or your father have the physical signs of skulls being similar or maybe excessive body hair... or does your family show physical traits of Scottish decent? Also, did 23 and me ask to survey or further analyze your family for having what was said to be some of the highest percentages of Neander genetics?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

You're probably right.

If we ignore what I misunderstood for conceit, I think the disadvantage Neanderthals had comes down to muscle structure. Greater strength but less ability to control it, whilst homo sapiens had less strength but a softer touch.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Cool!

Good for you!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

You're probably right.

If we ignore what I misunderstood for conceit, I think the disadvantage Neanderthals had comes down to muscle structure. Greater strength but less ability to control it, whilst homo sapiens had less strength but a softer touch.

Glad you came back to respond my friend. I certainly did not mean or intend superiority or that im some kind of special look-at-me jack hole

You bring up a very valid point. Homo sapiens are believed to have stronger levels of precision and strategy when it came to hunting and memory, also socialization, from what i have read, although it is still largely uncertain.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Cool!

Good for you!

What? That im an inbred freak *cries*

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Here is the thing, conceptually, i didnt really understand the math at all. However, i could SEE and memorize patterns in variable and number movements, visualization of number and variable conversion, and positions in functions.

So, you cheated... Good for you!!!

In my last physics/chem class I also "memorized" the sequence of how to calculate orbitals for He with hamiltonians, now I got a title and no idea of what I'm doing, I must be part Neanderthal too

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Really appreciate your interest and questions, and id love to hear you theories.

My dad looks very much scottish highlander. The odd things are that he and his brother are 6'8 and 7'1 respectively. They both have orange brown eyes too.

I forgot to mention that both of my grandparents (fathers parents) worked for Nasa and JPL. Mars rover work. My grandpa went there after serving as colonel in the us army.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

You get a virtual high five. Gotta love work arounds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join