It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh, Look! Comedians Doing New Comedy Show About Barron Trump!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

No, Trump isn't being treated unfairly. Just his kid. But his rage is righteous. My wife would be more "scorched Earth".

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Maybe Donald should have thought about that before using his kid as a prop to generate media coverage.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Its expected, unfortunately. If he didn't, he'd be accused of trying to hide some wretch. Then it would be media doing the bullying, and not some inane comedy troupe.

I hate it. But we elect the whole family. We even give the First Lady a staff, budget, and some authority to run pet projects for the optics. I'd love to see it end, and we focus on people, and not their baggage.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Maybe Donald should have thought about that before using his kid as a prop to generate media coverage.

I can't think of a politician that hasn't trotted his family out on stage at some point during their campaign. They all do it. Now, if he actually had Barron giving speeches at rallies, you would have a point. He didn't do that. Yes, his adult children participated but they are adults and can defend themselves. Take pot shots at Don Jr, Ivanka and Eric and even Tiffany. They are all adults. Leave the underage kids alone.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: IAMTAT

Thank god conservatives never made fun of Obamas kids because I'd hate to see the hypocrisy... oh wait.

Sounds like someone is TRIGGERED!!

Can you find me some high profile tweets or other social media posts about Obama's kids?

Something like this?

He claims to be a content contributor to Comedy Central, which should be no surprise.. Anyway, I'll wait patiently for anything you can provide from verified accounts.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Let's be honest...The attacks on Barron, specifically, began on election night (Rosie O'Donnell)...from Trump having his family with him the night he won. Families with candidates on election night is what always happens...with ALL candidates.

Rosie O'Donnell opened the door to attacks on Trumps 10 year old son from Progressives...and the rank and file decided he was officially 'Fair Game'.

Again, attacks on Barron are based in malicious spite, simply because his dad won the election.
Barron was left alone during the campaign...the nasty crap against him started the night Trump won.

Progressives had another four ADULT Trump children to hurl their insults at...but, apparently, that wasn't enough to quell their angst...

They had to zero in on a sweet, awkward, 10 yr. old child...calling him retarded, autistic, a rapist, a serial killer, a school shooter, torturer of small animals...and much more.

edit on 28-1-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Its expected, unfortunately. If he didn't, he'd be accused of trying to hide some wretch. Then it would be media doing the bullying, and not some inane comedy troupe.

I hate it. But we elect the whole family. We even give the First Lady a staff, budget, and some authority to run pet projects for the optics. I'd love to see it end, and we focus on people, and not their baggage.

I agree it should end, but it's not going to. Ultimately, the best defense a President has against this sort of BS is to not give their children a national profile. While less so in recent years, when Obama's children were younger they were very shielded from the media. Keep them out of sight, and don't reference them. As evidence of this, I would point out that Trump has 5 children. 3 have what I would consider national profiles, Ivanka, Donald Trump Jr, and Barron. Two of those three are adults and chose those paths in life. Barron is there because purely because his father wanted to use him. Trumps other two children, Eric and Tiffany are not what I could consider household names, because they were kept out of the spotlight and they're proof that it can be done.

originally posted by: Khaleesi
I can't think of a politician that hasn't trotted his family out on stage at some point during their campaign. They all do it. Now, if he actually had Barron giving speeches at rallies, you would have a point. He didn't do that. Yes, his adult children participated but they are adults and can defend themselves. Take pot shots at Don Jr, Ivanka and Eric and even Tiffany. They are all adults. Leave the underage kids alone.

If Donald Trump doesn't want them to be the focus of the media, he needs to keep their names largely unknown. He didn't do that. I 100% agree that TV specials like this aren't fair to Barron and I can sympathize with that but at the same time I'm going to look to his dad here. Donald instigated this, he's media savvy, surely he knew the media is going to pull as much crap like this as ratings allow (which sadly, is a lot). He had the opportunity to keep Barron out of the spotlight and he failed.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Actually quite the opisit Melania has been keeping him out of the lime light. In fact she stayed in new York with there son while he was campaigning. Wasn't until after he won you even started seeing him in public.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree it should end, but it's not going to. Ultimately, the best defense a President has against this sort of BS is to not give their children a national profile. While less so in recent years, when Obama's children were younger they were very shielded from the media. Keep them out of sight, and don't reference them. As evidence of this, I would point out that Trump has 5 children. 3 have what I would consider national profiles, Ivanka, Donald Trump Jr, and Barron. Two of those three are adults and chose those paths in life. Barron is there because purely because his father wanted to use him. Trumps other two children, Eric and Tiffany are not what I could consider household names, because they were kept out of the spotlight and they're proof that it can be done.

If Donald Trump doesn't want them to be the focus of the media, he needs to keep their names largely unknown. He didn't do that. I 100% agree that TV specials like this aren't fair to Barron and I can sympathize with that but at the same time I'm going to look to his dad here. Donald instigated this, he's media savvy, surely he knew the media is going to pull as much crap like this as ratings allow (which sadly, is a lot). He had the opportunity to keep Barron out of the spotlight and he failed.

I see your point. I don't 100% agree but I see what you are saying. The problem with that is as BFFT pointed out, then the media would claim he is hiding some monstrosity away. How do you stop that from happening? Not even acknowledge that the child exists? That would be cruel.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Actually quite the opisit Melania has been keeping him out of the lime light. In fact she stayed in new York with there son while he was campaigning. Wasn't until after he won you even started seeing him in public.

By no means do I pay attention to everything Trump says and does, but I remember seeing Barron at damn near every major event that I watched, and many times singled out by Trump himself. Maybe I just caught the ones where he did that, and there were a lot that he didn't, but that's my impression of it.

I see your point. I don't 100% agree but I see what you are saying. The problem with that is as BFFT pointed out, then the media would claim he is hiding some monstrosity away. How do you stop that from happening? Not even acknowledge that the child exists? That would be cruel.

Maybe, maybe not. The media was pretty hostile to W and I don't remember his children being targeted, at least until they grew up a bit more and started making asses of themselves at parties, which to be fair... the same started happening to Obama's children in the last couple years.

Trump could have kept Barron out of the limelight and simply told reporters asking about him that he's the subject they need to be reporting on, not his son.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'm liberal... and I consider the inclusion of people's children and family in such things, especially overt hostility (as I saw some engage in toward Barron on social media) in politics repugnant, personally.

Just as I consider the shaming of Melania repugnant and hypocritical.

Just want to make it known, not all of us agree with this.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Hm. Strangely, I feel the same way, but you know, otherwise. I've never seen it this bad before. But we shall overcome.
We always do, don't we? We have to. I've always given/gotten snarky remarks during elections before, but nothing like this. It's splitting families! It's crazy!

Why don't we all vow to try to do better?
I will.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I can't even imagine what my sister's would do. It wouldn't be pretty.

I know when my niece was being bullied at school I drove down to the school, and had a short sitdown with the principal, and informed her that my niece was free to kick the crap out of the next kid that did anything even remotely physical to her, or to her belongings, and that when/if that happened I would be back with a lawyer, and would own the arch-dioceses (Catholic school...).

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

In fire they reap, in ashes they shall sow.

Make enemies people, life is too easy.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

You know what? Let them shoot themselves in the foot. A boycott isn't so hard to do is it? Once something is no longer pleasant; humans tend to turn away. In this case; the unfunny people bullying a kid.

let's see if Nature still has some oomph left in it to do the right thing.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Imagine if someone had made a play like this about Obama's kids:

"RAYCIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!"

But Barron is White, so he is fair game apparently.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

In fire they reap, in ashes they shall sow.

Make enemies people, life is too easy.

Just to make sure I've got your point here, are you saying that all liberals will be burned in ovens because some presumably liberal comedians show a lack of taste and decorum? Thanks for clarifying.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Thank god conservatives never made fun of Obamas kids because I'd hate to see the hypocrisy... oh wait.

Sounds like someone is TRIGGERED!!

So that makes it right??

As long as people get even, huh?

You Stay Classy!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Okay, HERE is a comedy show that is pure gold if they want to do one with Barron Trump. Barron is a quiet somewhat distant kid. Just like Cole Sear, the kid from" The Sixth Sense". So what if Barron moves to The White House and it turns out that he sees ghosts and talks to them? The ghosts of past Presidents who hang around and make commentary on the current President, recent past Presidents and First Ladies. Keep it non partisan and skewer both parties mercilessly and it would have a gold mine of non PC material. I see JFK( hot for Melania but still traumatized over seeing Hillary naked), Nixon, Lincoln and Jefferson( with racist jokes), Reagan( who might not know he's dead) and LBJ who hated Obama and jokes about JFK getting assassinated. Have an elderly housekeeper who is also psychic who isn't afraid to give the dead POTUS withering put downs and who befriends Barron.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

I see JFK( hot for Melania but still traumatized over seeing Hillary naked)

That one was too funny! I had to laugh.

I think this concept is absolutely brilliant and would make for a really multi-faceted story. But, I don't think it's a good idea to use Barron as Barron.

Perhaps set the stage in another time in the future. Then instead of JFK being hot for Melania, it could be Bill. You could use the actual clip of him ogling her at the inaugural address when Hillary gave him that go-to-hell look!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join